This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Do you like This Idea?
Yes i Like This Idea 32 50.00%
No I Don't Like This Idea 24 37.50%
Doesn't Matter to Me 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #11
MalaTempora
Initiate

MalaTempora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
I would love to join the ignis force of horus and start a ninja hit squad there to plague syritis....

Alas.. I wait for transfer scrolls....

I say a solution to your problem would be to make Regnum Clubs in your areas...

Tell people at your schools about regnum.....

I told more than 2000 people about regnum... If we all do that and bring people to our realms .. imagine what would happen.

Out of 2000+ people I know all 200+ of my knight online clan looked at regnum. Most didn't look twice because of the graphics, but this game is more than just graphics....

Just try it... Spread the word for Regnum.

If you build it they will come....
about this, i'll consider the idea to make a little resume for regnum to
send to italian press... having time this can be a great push for the
game... but i'll wait the new gfx pieces, cause eyecandies are a big
attraction for new players (not me... i'd play games with very low
gfx but lot of fun... )
MalaTempora no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
Revolverxxx
Initiate

Revolverxxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
Block New Players/Accounts from Accessing Syrtis.
Give Ignis & Alsius 25% exp bonus & 10% Gold Bonus
Give a 10% Ximerm Bonus too all Realms & Servers

I think its harsh but harsh times call for harsh measures. i agree with this because being in the nation in power is kind of boring. its the easiest solution to the problem.

Realm change scrolls sounds cool too. i dont suggest this goes on sale for xim but maybe give everyone in syrtis a free scroll like ngd gave the Tyrrians name changes. whether they chose to change or remain in syrtis is up to them. of coarse coming with an automatic race change effect, i personally would love to be a dwarf (so cute... i feel bad and wana cry everytime i kill one). This idea is aiming high and would put alot on NGD's plate which im sure is already very full but like i said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Harsh times call for harsh measures
haha quoted myself
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
Freduardo
Initiate

Freduardo is on a distinguished road

I'd have to agree with Torin here. Though the idea might sound ok at first sight, it is a bit shortsighted. Same as with the current XP/gold bonus system, it can only patch up temporary problems (if it does that at all).

Imho, the 'real' solution lies with the players of the underpopulated realms themselves, and NGD.
NGD, for bringing back the ability to tactically beat a zerg and making realms more/equally attractive (e.g. bring back cooldown on canceled spells, or at least uphold to your promise of a 50% cooldown!, equal drops and jewelry for all realms, ...)
The players, for actually using those tactical possibilities (e.g. stop running near the fort to terror the zerg unannounced and leave your warriors, if they actually manage to reach the knocked down players in time, open to the fort guards,...).
Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
mr_scsi
Initiate

mr_scsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrottimus View Post
I like it, they keep their race/class but would be worth some amount in gold when their former home-realm players kill them (as a bounty for killing "traitors")....or something.

I love both these suggestions realm transfers and bounties. Sounds fun, and different.

Here is an idea I have been trying to get to gel, but not being a game programmer, I'm not sure it's feasible. I'll throw it out and maybe it will start some discussion that could be useful to NGD.

Dynamic Realm Ballance:

Goal: All realms have the same total number of levels as defined by highest populated realm.

E.G. add up total number of levels of ALL players logged on in Syrtis realm, including standard level guards at all forts AND wall gate = <total syrtis lvlnum>. lets say 50,000 just as an example.

then to balance out the other realms, still assuming that syrtis is highest populated. <total syrtis lvlnum> - <total ignis lvlnum> = <some number>.

<some number> / <number of guards> = <number of mob lvls added to all guards>

In theory, this makes guards MUCH tougher and forts a bit more balanced.

Imagine wall archers as tough as a GC.

Now, the only way this could be fair is if there is a dynamic shifting of levels of the guards. As more people in Ignis log on, the guards levels have to drop...
mr_scsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_scsi View Post
I love both these suggestions realm transfers and bounties. Sounds fun, and different.

Here is an idea I have been trying to get to gel, but not being a game programmer, I'm not sure it's feasible. I'll throw it out and maybe it will start some discussion that could be useful to NGD.

Dynamic Realm Ballance:

Goal: All realms have the same total number of levels as defined by highest populated realm.

E.G. add up total number of levels of ALL players logged on in Syrtis realm, including standard level guards at all forts AND wall gate = <total syrtis lvlnum>. lets say 50,000 just as an example.

then to balance out the other realms, still assuming that syrtis is highest populated. <total syrtis lvlnum> - <total ignis lvlnum> = <some number>.

<some number> / <number of guards> = <number of mob lvls added to all guards>

In theory, this makes guards MUCH tougher and forts a bit more balanced.

Imagine wall archers as tough as a GC.

Now, the only way this could be fair is if there is a dynamic shifting of levels of the guards. As more people in Ignis log on, the guards levels have to drop...
i like this idea. i do a bit of programming myself alto im sort of a noob. this seems feasable its really just a matter of getting the total number online in each realm(im thinking just add each player online to a list then get the length of the list. voila). after that it is an extremely simple matter of doing equasions and assigning those final values to variables (UBER-UBER-UBER-NOOB stuff). Once that is finished, all you have to do is set up some sort of guard lvl system and define the guard's level by the number that you get from the equasions.

i might have understood your idea wrong but from what i understand, it should not be tough to implement.
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
As we all know on Horus theres a Population issue on Horus.

Syrtis is able too Mass Attack Ignis or Alsius for majority of the day with little resistance or challenge.
Ignis normally is the least populated realm during Syrtis's Most populated time.
yes, ignis is the least populated. although, for some odd reason, we no longer have an xp bonus but alsius has a 10%. alsius has MORE people than ignis does >.<
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
linearguild
Initiate

linearguild is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster_of_sorrow View Post
yes, ignis is the least populated. although, for some odd reason, we no longer have an xp bonus but alsius has a 10%. alsius has MORE people than ignis does >.<
...in the hours that you play. Somehow I doubt that you're in game 24/7 and see all of the action in the WZ.

(That also goes for the OP and everyone else making short-sighted suggestions as if they know the whole realm numbers story.)
linearguild no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Quote:
Originally Posted by linearguild View Post
...in the hours that you play. Somehow I doubt that you're in game 24/7 and see all of the action in the WZ.

(That also goes for the OP and everyone else making short-sighted suggestions as if they know the whole realm numbers story.)
well considering alsius zerged 2 forts at the same time during IGNIS's peak time.....
Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
Punti_X
Initiate

Punti_X is on a distinguished road

First of all, I want to see numbers of population per realm hour by hour for at least a month period. Than we can talk of measures. I belive that NGD can provide this. Without some exact numbers it would not be good to make decisions like suggested.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
Greyman_tle
Initiate

Greyman_tle is on a distinguished road

+1 to Punti.

Also, new players prob have NO idea about the realm balance, and pick which realm they wanna join probably by things that have no relation to the game. I joined not because I wanted to be a Gelf, but because i didnt want to be a goat/dark elf etc...I had no clue about the game past the most important bit, as far as I was concerned, which was the 3 realm dynamic.

I dont play 24/7 - no matter what my missis might say - but I do play at various times....and the realm balance is too fluid for any1 to say...X realm has too much pop. 1hr later Y realm can have the higher pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster_of_sorrow View Post
That would be because NGD - who oddly enuf have access to the exact figures - can count (I know, it gave me a shock as well ).

I do wish NGD would post the lowest/highest pop for each realm over the last 24hrs....just so arguments like this would cease.
Greyman_tle no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote