This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
GIO879
Apprentice

GIO879 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default points disbalance

i have noticed a problem with the regnum points rate and xp points and also the big boss points

explanations :
i hope to be clear , in scene 3 players , 2 allieds and 1 enemy lvl 60 for all (22 rp each)
2 allieds ; 1 archer and 1 barb
enemy: any character we admit he has 3800 hp

the fight : the archer remove in total 2500 hp from the enmies and let him 1300 hp
the 2 last hits are for the barb south cross or beast l attack 1200 hp and 1 crit at 1500 ( and i had already seen very worth ( it s just an example))
points repartition : 13 for the barb , 9 for the archer

the archer does all the job but at the final he gets less points

the rate of the points repartition is not good , actually the rate takes into account the received damages or given and not by who has removed the big part from the 3800 original hp points without exceeding the 3800 hp

in fact the points repartition should be 13 rp for the archer (2500) and 9 for the barb (1300)
Who does take the most hp points the archer so he should get the big part of the rp

and it the same count with the mobs if you re grinding , with my barb i stole the archers's xp points with crits at 1700 when the mobs have only 200hp before dieing

Other points yesterday evenning, evendim was there so i go to place ( marks lvl 60) take a full party buffed by a conju , evendim enter in game so i put all i had on it etheral arrow , lethal , serpent byte, frozen , in fact normal hit 25 , 5 - 10min later evendim died and i got only 42 gold very nice for probably 100 hits and arrows

with my knight lvl 50 i got xp and drops 5000 golds sometimes more sometimes less
only with areas i don't need to hit , you can look at this kind of event but all the archers lets the super boss they haves any chance to drops something in this conditions

they was 2 years old before i already droped but i hited it at 400 not 25 like now , it s a f***k**ing joke

Before to think how to do more money , think how to get more (happy) players, then the cash flow will follow ....
GIO879 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

What he is saying is that if you kill an enemy or mob on the last hit with excessive damage, you take the majority of the RP or XP. And this is actually true, the distribution is calculated from the total damage dealt, not the enemy or mob's total health.

And yes, the damage on bosses is far too low for non-barb classes. Not even full debuffs help archers that much.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Currently the group participation credit system is slightly off.
From experience I've noticed versus players that damage contributes to your realm point/exp reward more than casting auras and spells.
Where as it seems to be the reverse when fighting mobs of any description.

People will tend to play their knight when fighting a boss due to a common misconception, a knight has the same chance of dropping an item as any class with the same amount of (area) support spells - for this reason a knight does have a higher rate of dropping than a marksmen for example.
It is blown out of proportion though, players credit knights with more potential of dropping an item than is the reality.
I'll give an example.
If 10 knights, 4 conjurers and 5 barbarians kill a boss it is twice as likely that a knight will drop something as apposed to a barbarian.
I have known conjurers to drop an item just as much as knights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIO879 View Post
with my knight lvl 50 i got xp and drops 5000 golds sometimes more sometimes less
only with areas i don't need to hit , you can look at this kind of event but all the archers lets the super boss they haves any chance to drops something in this conditions
I don't know whether this was before the level cap increase but I tend to receive between 10k - 17k gold from a boss playing my knight.
Psynocide no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Psynocide
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
And yes, the damage on bosses is far too low for non-barb classes. Not even full debuffs help archers that much.
None-warrior classes really.
I can hit substantially well depending on how many protection debuffs are active.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacrulzrs2 View Post
None-warrior classes really.
I can hit substantially well depending on how many protection debuffs are active.
And i doing up to 650 crits as SM mage without ons
normals 450s again without ons on tenax

Last edited by NSer; 10-30-2011 at 04:04 PM.
NSer no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
GIO879
Apprentice

GIO879 is an unknown quantity at this point

and i don't speak about the hunters with less damages and any areas like all the archers ...

everybody haves areas except the archers so any chance to drops something on the super boss

maybe stalkers works from that ?

and by the way why burst of wind doesn't give rp ? like confuse , ambush or other spells with any damages ?
GIO879 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

About the exp/rp distribution: Completely agree, that would actually be just a minor change, really, do it!

About archers hitting too low on bosses: Another rant topic.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Psynocide
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSer View Post
And i doing up to 650 crits as SM mage without ons
normals 450s again without ons on tenax
If you want in depth I tend to hit 800-900 normals and 1.4k South Cross - I managed 2k once with Onslaught.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you want in depth I tend to hit 800-900 normals and 1.4k South Cross - I managed 2k once with Onslaught.
that was supposed to mean that ranged classes do good damage too
NSer no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's important to realize that not everyone is level 60 with WM gear. The warzone bosses can be killed from 45+, and the dragons from 55+ with a party.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote