This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default 100% Attack Damage

Hello, i got a question after testing soemthing with a friend several times in arena.

Shield piercing does 100% attack damage in lvl 1. so, in theory, if my base dmg is 200 and for example i hit my enemy with normal hit of 100 dmg (with the reductions from his gear and bufs) then, shield piercing is suposed to do the same 100 dmg right? since it's 100% of my attack dmg.

But this don't happen.

We noticed that this only happen if the enemy don't have bufs on. so if he has no bufs actived, and i hit him to 200 normal, my sp will also be of 200 (with a very small variation, thing of like 3-5 dmg sometimes).

But when my enemy active bufs, as acrobatic and evasive tatics, if i hit him to 200 in normal, my sp still is 100.

I have some "assumptions" of the why this happen, as for example the fact that the damage base variates, 200-289 for example. and maybe the 100% dmg bonus from sp is adjusted to account only for base damage, not variation

so if my dmg base for normal hits is 200-289, the 100% attack dmg from shield piercing maybe is just fixex to count the base dmg, 200, without considering the variation. but this is just an assumption, i wanted to know if there is an explanation for this.

(maybe someone from the staff who adjust those numbers would be great).

Best Regards,

Elva Hunter - Elite of Syrtis.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

maybe SP makes 100% piercing damage? And your usual equip has more variety, thus making more damage
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
maybe SP makes 100% piercing damage? And your usual equip has more variety, thus making more damage
No idea, but i think the 100% attack damage, as the name says, must be 100% of watever you have, due this i can't understand so well the difference from normal hit to sp 100% attack damage, which only show up when the enemy have bufs actived.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

Don´t waste time asking for a real answer. NGD has never given an answer when it comes to how their armour/damage calculation work. We can all make assuptions, and if you really want a "somehow" accurate answer, I recomend you to chat with Mashiro, she is an Ignis player from Ra... I dont know her inner game characters, I only know her nickname here in the forum "Mashiro". She has done quite a number of math/theories/assumptions regarding the game. She speaks Spanish tho :d

Silla.
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elva Hunter View Post
No idea, but i think the 100% attack damage, as the name says, must be 100% of watever you have, due this i can't understand so well the difference from normal hit to sp 100% attack damage, which only show up when the enemy have bufs actived.

You could try schachteanas theory. Just ask someone to wear armor with full normal resists (dragon/champ armor for example) and then warmaster armor since it has same resists on all parts. Best would be conju for this maybe, i think they have vg pierce resist on wm armor?
Old 05-27-2017, 02:15 AM   #6
Mashiro
Count

Mashiro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
You could try schachteanas theory. Just ask someone to wear armor with full normal resists (dragon/champ armor for example) and then warmaster armor since it has same resists on all parts. Best would be conju for this maybe, i think they have vg pierce resist on wm armor?
It will be wrong for one very very very importante thing ... "NORMAL" es different in each material! and it is different in each part!

You can say "I have found that a piercing dmg over a iron helmet is dmg-x%*armor" but in the chest the "x%" will be higher and with the legs it will be lower.

Later if use the SAME armor with the SAME resists ... but with another material (for example you can found +0 +0 +2 with three differens materials at the market ... the 1st and 2nd has the same armor but the behavour against damage is differente because of the material).

The correct work will be tabulate all the materials (i was close to finish it but later the coliseum wasnt free anymore T.T damnit tickets!!!)

At the moment I can said this:

damage(real) = (dmg-sum(K_i*Armor_i))*(1+AB%)*(1+R1%)*(1+R2%)

R1 = sum(phisics or magic resistences) (if you have 2 phisics and 3 pircieng you have +5% piercing)
R2 = sum(melee or rank resistences) (1 melee IS NOT 1 physics, you CANT sum them up!)
K_i = a factor that change with the pieces (helmet,chest, etc) and the material (iron, wood, steel, etc)
Armor_i = the amount of armor points of the pieces i
AB = Armor bonus (protecction)

This model have fitted a lot in a very different situations. I can share some tables if you wish to continue it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadhir View Post
Don´t waste time asking for a real answer. NGD has never given an answer when it comes to how their armour/damage calculation work. We can all make assuptions, and if you really want a "somehow" accurate answer, I recomend you to chat with Mashiro, she is an Ignis player from Ra... I dont know her inner game characters, I only know her nickname here in the forum "Mashiro". She has done quite a number of math/theories/assumptions regarding the game. She speaks Spanish tho :d

Silla.
Oh thanks =) you are so sweet. Dont you know my chars? my main is Shirona, my conjurer. You can find anyone of my chars with a different colour at guild "kuuhaku", with rank Exceed 1 =)

I speak english too n.n
Old 05-27-2017, 06:38 AM   #7
Hayir
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiro View Post
It will be wrong for one very very very importante thing ... "NORMAL" es different in each material! and it is different in each part!...
It might not give you a 100% accurate result. But it is enough to find out if shield piercing is effected by the damage type at all? Which was the question.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #8
Mashiro
Count

Mashiro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
It might not give you a 100% accurate result. But it is enough to find out if shield piercing is effected by the damage type at all? Which was the question.
The type is important, if my resists are G VB G B VG B, the type is important. For example 100piercing will produce a higher damage than a 100fire damage.

Is that the question?

The problem is that you have to tabulate a lot of information first (for example how works each material in each resistence). I did it but not complete at all.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #9
Hayir
Master

Quote:
The type is important, if my resists are G VB G B VG B, the type is important. For example 100piercing will produce a higher damage than a 100fire damage.

Is that the question?

The problem is that you have to tabulate a lot of information first (for example how works each material in each resistence). I did it but not complete at all.
What I suggested is for finding out if there is any effect AT ALL. What you are talking about is min-maxing.

When using full champ conj armor for example all parts are normal, then switching to full wm conj armor with b,vg,n,n,g,vb. This will show you if resists have any effect at all.

Because while it might be true that the material matters, which I don't know. There is no way that if for example one shield piercing consistently hits 150 and the other only 100 that the material has such a huge impact compared to the full normal resists vs mixed with vg pierce. The AP is similiar as well. It would indeed answer the question if resists matter for shield piercing.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #10
Fetido
Baron

Fetido is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Is that the question?

Sorry, but you are wrong, material doesnt matter in the calculation.
Material only give you a best (+x)

Here you can see a good explanation of the armor system: https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...ad.php?t=94209