This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 09-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
Avaricia
Pledge

Avaricia is on a distinguished road
Default NGD Must Be Breaking The Law

Hey, I just saw the game on Steam the other day and got to level 12, decided I liked it and bought the New recruit Pack DLC from Steam, then the random crashes started, so I did some searching and discovered that its probably the weapon trail bug that has been unfixed since 2010, yet they don't mention this on the Steam Store page for the Linux version, nor anywhere else, this is beyond selling buggy software, this is selling products that they know are faulty yet refuse to fix, which is illegal in almost every country.

Does anyone know what I can do to get a refund back from Steam and who I should contact about NDG selling faulty products?

I tried to send a support ticket before I made this forum thread, I logged into the official website, clicked "My Account", then clicked the link for support, I tried logging into it with my email and account username both failed with "Invalid username or password"

Does nothing here work at all?
Avaricia no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
this is selling products that they know are faulty yet refuse to fix, which is illegal in almost every country.
I would like to see a quote from any law, from any country which confirms that. Oh yes, there is no such quote.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
I would like to see a quote from any law, from any country which confirms that. Oh yes, there is no such quote.
I don't think that is the right approach to a newcomer.

@Avaricia, I believe this is the pack you are talking about http://store.steampowered.com/app/222531/

The product(game) in itself is free, as in free to download and free to play, you don't have to pay the company anything. What you bought is a content package which allows you to upgrade your character instantly and saves you hours of traditional grind time. Now with any "free" products comes no liability of the product, as you would be using it at your own risk. And the game has traditionally slow pace of development and fixing with them being a private small scale indie company and such and I do agree it is frustrating as a player and you might not even know about the other bugs that haven't been fixed for years. But still the things have improved in the past year or so and things do appear to progress, so the bug you mention should be in their (long) list of to-be-fixed hopefully. So, you didn't buy any faulty product, you bought a content upgrade to a "free" product that has it's share of bugs and annoyances if I may say so.

As for ticketing and refund, I doubt only the developers and managers could answer that, though you could ask the GM's(moderators) or the GC's (helpers) in game about it or wait for some representative to reply here.

Cheers.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
-Zed-
Banned

-Zed- is on a distinguished road

NGD is trying their best atm and i am sure you"ll be helped very soon by them.

Regards
-Zed- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
Humulus
Community Helper

Humulus is on a distinguished road

Hello!

As mentioned above, you didn't actually buy faulty goods. If something is wrong with the aquired ximerin or the premium items themselves, I recommend sending a ticket and we gladly help you out. Bugs can also be reported to the GCs and GMs in-game.

Regarding sending a ticket. Your support account is different from your game account. The username is your email and it has a seperate password. You can request a password reminder in the same 'My account' section. If logging in with this password doesn't work you can always send a ticket without logging in to the support website. Just go to www.championsofregnum.com/support and click on 'Submit a ticket'. You can leave your e-mail adress there so that they can send you a reply by mail.

I hope this provides you with sufficient information. If you have any questions about the matter feel free to ask. Although I understand your frustration, talking is always better than asking for refunds immediatly...

Humulus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
TurboLover
Apprentice

TurboLover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irsh View Post
The product(game) in itself is free, as in free to download and free to play, you don't have to pay the company anything. What you bought is a content package which allows you to upgrade your character instantly and saves you hours of traditional grind time. Now with any "free" products comes no liability of the product, as you would be using it at your own risk. And the game has traditionally slow pace of development and fixing with them being a private small scale indie company and such and I do agree it is frustrating as a player and you might not even know about the other bugs that haven't been fixed for years. But still the things have improved in the past year or so and things do appear to progress, so the bug you mention should be in their (long) list of to-be-fixed hopefully.
Cheers.
Yes, moreover you won't find bugless software on this planet regardless of its price and license.
{
Though it (fixing a bug) would be a bit simpler in the case of truly free (libre) software. I wonder if this bug can be fixed with a binary patch.
}
Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLover View Post
Yes, moreover you won't find bugless software on this planet regardless of its price and license.
{
Though it (fixing a bug) would be a bit simpler in the case of truly free (libre) software. I wonder if this bug can be fixed with a binary patch.
}
Hey, Hello Worlds are bug-free. Just kidding ofc, but yeah, there are no bugless software on this planet.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Evangeline
Master

Evangeline is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Hey, I just saw the game on Steam the other day and got to level 12, decided I liked it and bought the New recruit Pack DLC from Steam, then the random crashes started, so I did some searching and discovered that its probably the weapon trail bug that has been unfixed since 2010, yet they don't mention this on the Steam Store page for the Linux version, nor anywhere else, this is beyond selling buggy software, this is selling products that they know are faulty yet refuse to fix, which is illegal in almost every country.

Does anyone know what I can do to get a refund back from Steam and who I should contact about NDG selling faulty products?

I tried to send a support ticket before I made this forum thread, I logged into the official website, clicked "My Account", then clicked the link for support, I tried logging into it with my email and account username both failed with "Invalid username or password"

Does nothing here work at all?
i think this is a steam issue, if you got complains about their bundle you shud look for their support page/ticket service, or Gabe's cellphone number

if you want the issue fixed asap, you wont get help from ngd, they won't solve a bug that has been with steam since the game went up on steam just because you ask them nicely, they got other concerns atm

as i was saying if you want it fixed asap, just download the game from here http://championsofregnum.com , and play it from outside steam, you will still have the things you got from the bundle and the game wont crash (if it does crash the problem is you/your computer)
Old 09-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #9
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

in my country,if you advertise something online and it does not meet the description then there are laws to protect you.i believe there are similar laws in other countries too.i know nothing about the steam client just adding my 2 cents worth to this thread.but if you purchased something for money then you have the right to get what you paid for or a full refund.online business's are not immune to fair trading rules and regulations.

EA sports once gave me a full refund for the mass effect trilogy because the audio on ME1 didnt work for the first part of the game.they didnt just refund for one game they gave me a complete refund for all 3.instead of me leaving and vowing never to purchase off them again i left thinking how great they were and how i would never hesitate to buy off them again because of the awesome customer service they provided.so instead of me me being lost as a customer for a small amount of money i stayed happy and they gained further purchases off me to make up for the money they refunded me.we both were winners.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

I would try troubleshooting first. Steam is notoriously awful when it comes to giving refunds.
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote