This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #21
Pimousse
Initiate

Pimousse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
Redefinition of Damage related bonuses:

We have a new damage bonus type called DAMAGE BONUS. This modifier affects ALL of your damage.
The old damage bonus (that only affects the damage produced by the weapon) is now called WEAPON DAMAGE BONUS

[*]New Fulminating: Damage Bonus 20% in level 1 – 100% in level 5. Duration 6 seconds. [*]Mana: 160 – 240. (Values are preliminary damage may go down if it is too explosive with other spell combinations, please try)
Don't know if i understand well
Old damage bonus, was related to weapon damage only.
New damage bonus : related to weapon damage + damage from item (like ring) + stats ?

Quote:
[*]Onslaught swapped with Spring: Final positions on the disciplines and mana costs have not been adjusted.

About swaping Onslaught with Spring:
We have decided to give Onslaught to all warriors (so its benefits can be more common).
Spring will be only available for Barbarians (barbarians will be able to reach their opponents faster)
We will also add a new short ranged SLOW spell for knights so: barbarians will reach their opponents by being faster and knights will reach their opponents by making them run slower.
As a barbarian, seems ok. I guess for knight, this change will be ok in regard of their new spells.

Thank you NGD for sharing with us the building of a massive update like that (Yes i know we have to test )
Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

4.5k South Cross with the new Fulminating and DS...

One hit kills are back!!
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #23
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdoesrock View Post
4.5k South Cross with the new Fulminating and DS...

One hit kills are back!!
Imagine if they hadnt nerfed barb damage O.O
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #24
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Fulimuating needs to be reduced to about 25% on 5 - I don't wanna see the Era of 4k sc's - Now there instant though
Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #25
Nekoko
Master

Nekoko is on a distinguished road

Quote:

CLARIFICATIONS

About swaping Onslaught with Spring:
We have decided to give Onslaught to all warriors (so its benefits can be more common).
Spring will be only available for Barbarians (barbarians will be able to reach their opponents faster)
We will also add a new short ranged SLOW spell for knights so: barbarians will reach their opponents by being faster and knights will reach their opponents by making them run slower.
I do have a concern that the Knight will be forced to chase the person they speed maliced instead of with Spring where you can change target but it might be fine idk, pretty interesting change. With this new speed malice skill and Disable Limb, Knight can make people slooooowwwww.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #26
AntibioTsu
Initiate

AntibioTsu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoko View Post
I do have a concern that the Knight will be forced to chase the person they speed maliced instead of with Spring where you can change target but it might be fine idk, pretty interesting change. With this new speed malice skill and Disable Limb, Knight can make people slooooowwwww.
That's the advantage of buffs over debuffs, plus the fact that they cant be resisted...

This was kind of a nerf... but it depends on how the skill will be: prolly over 30% at lvl 5.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #27
backe
Initiate

backe is on a distinguished road

Fulminating is way over the top, as it's been mentioned. I'm getting close to 3k Beast Attacks.

Edit:
I'm also getting close to 2k areas.

In addition, I like the changes to Ao1. I haven't tested it yet, but the duration increase was needed as was the mana cost decrease.

I worry about the Onslaught/Spring switch though. Has NGD "unstacked" the damage bonus yet, because otherwise you can expect twice as many stacked Onslaught damage bonuses as before, which is going to be absurdly nasty with a warrior heavy group.
backe no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #28
Pimousse
Initiate

Pimousse is on a distinguished road

Damages are awesom, you'll reduce the damage i guess. Its one more buff for barbarian, don't know if i like that or not (anyway, old fulminating was never used).

What about make short buffs (6 sec) castable when runnig ?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #29
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuku View Post
That's the advantage of buffs over debuffs, plus the fact that they cant be resisted...

This was kind of a nerf... but it depends on how the skill will be: prolly over 30% at lvl 5.
High % make it even more frustrating, for both sides. Cooldown 5 seconds, duration 15 seconds could be cool. (And 30% slow at most)
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #30
BigManOnCampus
Initiate

BigManOnCampus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Spells:
  • Army of One: Duration adjusted to 15 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds. Mana Cost 220 to 300.

CLARIFICATIONS

About Army of One:
The skill as it is on live servers is just too powerful, it makes no sense to have a character that can run for the duration of an entire fight with 80% damage reduction with no penalty....
This doesn't make any sense to me. Unless you guys are planning on reducing the duration of most CC's, then Army of One is NOT overpowered because *ANY* level 1 CC protects you from an AO1'd knight. Again, on live servers the direct counter to any knight with AO1 on is any level 1 crowd control, ANY OF THEM, and AO1 is a level 19 ability. How is a level 19 ability that is directly countered by any crowd control at any tree level and any level of power points an overpowered ability? Unstoppable Madness, for instance, is a level 19 buff for Barbs that only has 1 direct counter that works after it is cast, Mindsquash, and there's only a 40-45% chance any single mindsquash can take it off.

Furthermore, in most fort battles I've been in, my AO1 either doesn't last the entire fight (I get mindsquashed), or it makes no difference because the enemy just ignores me until they have truly superior numbers and then I get gang-ganked. It seems perfectly acceptable to me that a knight in RO can run around with a damage protection this high up because the damage they do is so pathetic that they just get ignored in favor of taking down the truly important (and more vulnerable) classes (barb, lock, conju) in the fight.

If you guys want to change things around and still provide the same level of tanking for knights, thats fine by me. But your logic here is completely backwards, in my humble opinion. AO1 generally makes no difference in the outcome of a fight on the live servers, it never has in my experience. The only thing it is capable of doing is letting knights live towards the end of the fight, and *maybe* make a small difference as to who on the opposing side dies before they do. It has been this way because knight auras were mostly useless, and because of the low damage and slow speed of knights the enemy could safely ignore attacking the knights. Now you've made knight auras mean something in combat, but you take away potentially valuable tanking ability. This really seems backwards.

And of course, all of this is assuming you even managed to get AO1 off in combat. In my experience if I am caught without some major kinds of buffs up in a fight as a knight, I can generally be taken down very quickly by 1-2 barbs and some support classes. There are so many crowd control spells/abilities that prevent a knight from even buffing this one (darkness, confuse), that there's no guarantee you can even use AO1 in many fights.

Chilko, I'm just really baffled why you think this is an OP spell. Perhaps there's a language barrier preventing you from explaining yourself in great detail, but what you've said just does not hold water in my experience on the live servers.

Last edited by BigManOnCampus; 08-20-2010 at 12:01 AM.
BigManOnCampus no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread