This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #41
Niremix
Pledge

Niremix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by errei View Post
looool,
who the hell is krungle? i want to know this guy IRL!!!
I'm just throwing this out there, really just a theory, but I haven't seen Krungle and Fotomay at the same time.. Anyone else?
Niremix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #42
GrimNightfall
Initiate

GrimNightfall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niremix View Post
I'm just throwing this out there, really just a theory, but I haven't seen Krungle and Fotomay at the same time.. Anyone else?
Nah, Fotomay posts suggestions based on every other game in an attempt to make this another WoW clone (at least on the GS forum) while Krungle just goes full retard.

Edit: Maybe they are related.

This game is too easy

Last edited by GrimNightfall; 06-27-2013 at 01:07 AM.
GrimNightfall no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #43
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niremix View Post
Noticed it a while back. I became suspicious by post #3 for Fotomay. I found the writing styles, tone and characteristics to be remarkably similar. However I had no proof.

So, I decided to sit back and see how that played out. Rather than one individual on this forum, I rather deal with concrete evidence and solid hypotheses than try to decipher patterns from bellybutton lint while sitting in a distortion field outside of reality.

Yes Krungle, I mean you.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #44
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimNightfall View Post
Nah, Fotomay posts suggestions based on every other game in an attempt to make this another WoW clone (at least on the GS forum) while Krungle just goes full retard.

Edit: Maybe they are related.
full retaaarrdd ! lol
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #45
Linuxmage
Initiate

Linuxmage is on a distinguished road
Default There are NO realm bonuses.

Ok, after a little bit of experimentation last night, I can safely tell you that neither Ignis or Syrtis have a realm bonus, and havent done for at least 3 weeks now. You cant remove something that isnt there.

Krungle -- they already did as you have asked, and did it a number of weeks ago, though it was a server restart bug that did it.

There is a VERY old bug that appears to have existed since Beta, that removes the RLM bonus each time the server is restarted. As Haven is being restarted on a weekly basis it is pointless to apply one now as it will dissapear on the monday.
Linuxmage no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #46
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krungle View Post
Well, since you only answered a part of my post, I take it you agree with me on the rest.
First of all, statistics and scientific methodology aren't the same thing. Anyway, visual estimation (which you were talking about before) is not used in statistics anyway. Therefore you are talking about different matter, not following the previous arguments.
I agree on the fact, that statistics can be misinterpreting real data in some cases, but in general it does work well. We don't have enough information about how exactly the population in RO is calculated, but since it is safe to assume that the same method is used for all three realms, the result is fair (no unfair bias towards any realm)
IE. people from all realms log several alts- it's not the case that only Ignis players use several characters, and Syrtis single one, for example.

Levels are considered in the calculation, as someone previously mentioned. That shouldn't play a huge role - again, same calculation is used for the three realms.

The advantage of Alsius is numerical (account based), that is especially noticeable during European morning times. In the evenings (server peak time) all three realms have imo similar populations. In overall, statistics say that Alsius prevails.
There are also several other valid reasons and arguments, which are written in previous posts in this thread, and I won't repeat them.

NGD are reviewing and adjusting the bonuses over time. They simply don't use man power for this (since there is no need for doing so), but instead let the system to preform adjustments automaticaly.

You want a fair and balanced game? Then I'm afraid, that MMORPGs aren't for you. There will always be bias in some aspect of the game, not only population, but class (spell) differences, equipment etc.
Perfect balance would be achieved only if we had one class, no level differences, same setups, no choice of gear and same amount of people in two realms (third one could create a bias). I don't think anyone would enjoy such game, but if you're really, bomberman does have such features, and is a great game.

You say that the game is on a "tipping point"? Well, I don't know when you joined regnum, but Haven was in way worse states than now. Since NGD does not want to control the influx of people into different realms, I'm afraid that the server will continue to demonstrate those fluctuations, until the base population of all three realms will be large enough to minimize the impact of difference in numbers.

As Linuxmage stated, the realm bonuses do not work. I tested that and can confirm. Ignis doesn't get any xp nor gold bonus. I tried on low lvl and high lvl characters. Therefore, this whole thread is next to pointless.
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #47
Krungle
Master

Krungle is on a distinguished road

Since I do not multirealm it would not be surprising that my information was dated. It is good to see that NGD is on top of the situation, I just wonder why no one said they had no bonuses earlier rather than resorting to personal attacks.

Kharbon, you are correct that the larger the overall server population the less the impact will be from population fluctuations. The population, server wide, has grown a lot since Steam joined in the fun. Hopefully it will continue to grow and NGD will keep an eye on these bonuses in the future along with active realm account numbers.

If a GM could confirm that no realm has a population bonus, then please do so then (after posted said confirmation) close the thread.
Krungle no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #48
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Actually, NGD may not be on top of the situation. If they were, the equation and its ancient bug of deactivating the bonuses would not be going on for weeks as stated above.
Please note that this bug tends to deactivate the bonuses you get by voting at the golden dragon as well.

Now, the equation used to be much more aggressive. In other words, it would poll the server data and modify bonuses faster. However, due to the log off trick used to gain guards at the main gates just before an invasion, it seems the aggressiveness of the polling was dialled back.
With the modification of invasions, this aggressiveness could be probably be brought back if it has not been done so already.

As far as I remember, the bonuses go up in increments and if the server is generally balanced, the weakest of the three gets a very minor bonus. That could be 5% or 10% , I really can't remember.

As far as I am concerned, the equation works and has worked for the better part of 5 years. It reflects general populations and by my observations ( which encompass ~5 years and playing in every time zone of the 24 hr period) it is correct.
Also, it has never "tipped" population balance. History ( yes Krungle, I know you discount precedent and historical evidence) has showed us that many, many other factors influence population demographics . In fact, XP bonus at the start is one of the lesser factors. Simply because players may choose it to start up and very quickly decide the underdog realm is not for them. They switch. This happens more regularly than you might think.

Precisely for this reason, Ignis and Alsius (prior to you gracing us with your presence) could NEVER have a decent population versus Syrtis EVEN though Alsius and Ignis had large bonuses and Syrtis basically had none, save invasions bonus. Yet, the influx to Syrtis at that time outstripped the other two.
You see, archival evidence is important. I understand why you discount it. You don't have any of this evidence to call on but need to impress your feeling without any substance to back it up, save whatever you gathered from gaming elsewhere. But, that is there, and this is here. So you either fudge, twist evidence or simply make shit up as you go along to fill the gap. To me, you come off like a little kid who feels he know everything yet has seen very little.
And, you are arrogant with it.
Learn the game, gather information, verify, then come to the forums with suppositions. Sure you may know stuff from elsewhere but, until you understand the past, you simply have nothing to work with going forward.

We are just saying , be more respectful, listen and be circumspect. You have a serious problem listening. Probably because you feel you know everything.

As far as I am concerned, the bonuses should stay, until the server gets close to capacity. Even then, because of population attrition, it should stay to keep the new players interested.

Now , based on your previous posts (starting from #1), I fully expect you to start whining when Alsius "tips" to probably becoming not the most populated and "can't win even with skill" . But be advised, these fluctuations have gone on many, many times long before you ever showed up. However, you may choose to blame it on your myopic observations.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #49
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

so many capable answers from capable sounding people :-)

if only we could all have a crack at fixing these inconsistencies.
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote