This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
WhateverUSMC
Initiate

WhateverUSMC is on a distinguished road
Default Recent Review; A Cold Shot of (Needed) Water

I am somewhat in shock with the fact that the thread (with the link to the review) was closed. In reality, what was said in it was fairly accurate, and didn't contain anything that the players here haven't said before.

We now have a review that matches most, if not all, of the players complaints, and it just gets swept under a rug. Am I really the only one who has a problem with this?

The players get ignored. The reviewer gets silenced (5).

Old 04-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

What's the phrase..?

"Inb4lock"

?
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Bladnoch
Initiate

Bladnoch is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is a shock...
I thought it was a pretty refreshing and honest review too - there was no ranting, no intended insults and no one completely and utterly disagreed with it, except NGD themselves, a reaction that speaks some volumes. :/

P.S. NGD, if you're going to close a thread which gives a less than average review of your game, do not stick it in the Complaint Book. There is a line between insults and harsh critique. A thin line, but please recognise it and tranfer the thread back to General Discussion...where it belongs.
Bladnoch no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

As soon as something goes against NGD, they just get rid of it. Whenever someone gives some criticism it is responded to often harshly, sometimes banning, sometimes dismissing the post as idiotic and brash. I think NGD needs to shape up, their customer team is quite poor, their balance team is drifting way out of line, hunters, warlocks, and warjurers have become amazing, and everything has been F****** up (thats for another thread though :P).

But ya NGD needs to shape up.
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Brihtwulf
Pledge

Brihtwulf is on a distinguished road

I have to say that this treatment from the staff at NGD is insulting. It's insulting to the writers, insulting to the players of this game, and I take it as a direct insult that they would be so quick to close a topic about their review but so slow to respond to any public relations inquiries.
Brihtwulf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

I don't consider that review to be a proper review.

You don't learn a game in 45 minutes with a lvl 3 character running around the warzone on a Horse

The only pro's related to RO was of the Models.. and Animations.. are you serious? lol

the combat system might not be what it use to be. But it's still the main reason i stick around in RO.
It's Basic but it's Good

instead of every WoW clone out there with jumping and dramatic attack motions

Rare RvR/PvP

im sure lvl 3 RvR/PvP battles are quite rare.. theres always something going on any server people just need to seek it out.

i don't also consider Mmo Sanctuary to be much of a Gaming Site..

There Game Reviews are all of Mainstream Games.. WoW LotR's Age of Conan Call of Duty -

NGD does need to wake up and start listening to some of the demands and needs
Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
Brihtwulf
Pledge

The only experience we spent in the game was NOT with that particular level 3 character. We had two separate writers testing the mechanics of the game. That one experience was only a single instance of what we encountered. Information was also used that was gained from speaking to a number of players in the game. This wasn't just a haphazard review by any means.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
Gideon_Slack
Master

Gideon_Slack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brihtwulf View Post
I have to say that this treatment from the staff at NGD is insulting. It's insulting to the writers, insulting to the players of this game, and I take it as a direct insult that they would be so quick to close a topic about their review but so slow to respond to any public relations inquiries.
Honestly man, they prioritized your mickey-mouse website.

NGD: 2 guys (sorry "writers") and a cheap hosting account? Yeah, we'll be right on that (*snicker*, goes back to running a real company).
Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
Brihtwulf
Pledge

We have a staff of 7 people, thank you very much. Did I mention we get roughly 1,000 visits a week currently, and that's on the rise? Our site is dedicated to the free speech and ideas of online gamers, and an action like this is insulting. Our staff is mostly composed of veteran writers, some former game industry employees, and other journalists. Please don't make judgements on things you don't know anything about for the sole means of trying to dispairage our work.

Just because something is fairly new doesn't mean it's unimportant. If we're worth the time of larger companies like Sony Online Entertainment and Cryptic Studios with our publishings, then NGD Studios has no reason to treat our site disrespectfully.

Thank you.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
Nysander
Apprentice

Nysander is on a distinguished road

In my humble opinion, the best thing about Regnum Online that differentiates it from other mmorpg is the "Realm versus realm" and the "realm invasions". And unless you have heavily trained your character, you will not understand what's up in war zone. And if you don't understand what's going on there, then writing an uninformed review is pointless.

About quests: You always get them from a NPC, you always have to click the accept button, and they never magically gets added to your journal. As you end each of the quest subtasks, you get a clear message in the center of the screen (and in the log). Check your facts. Please.

And all that bitter and biching asking for attention from staff was kind of funny. I hope you get a full time developer from Blizzard, Frogster, Turbine or NC Soft to help you make your 11th review next time. Good luck with that.

It is not terribly difficult to join a gaming community avoiding to be harsh and rude. Mr. Fox article and post looks like a childish personal revenge. This game has lots of things to be criticized for and lots of things to be appraised for. There is a lot of things that could be improved. The article failed to identify any of them

Last edited by Nysander; 04-25-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Nysander no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote