This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-16-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
Malik2
Initiate

Malik2 is on a distinguished road
Default July 15 Syrtis Gate

OK July 15 I logged on at about 9:30 or so, perhaps a little before, on an alt. I noticed the gate was in danger and heard a crunch sound. So I immediately logged off and jumped on Prometheus.

As I ran from CS up the rise into the west wall forest, that takes about 5 or 6 seconds, in that time 5 or 6 of our clan left clan chat. Unusual.

At the gate we were waiting around for a bit. Ding had the idea of hitting the reds before they charged us. I ran in. I tried targeting individuals but position bug never got me close enough to hit any of them, even though I saw myself as running right on top of them. So I ran into the middle of them and hit typhoon. The spell went off, I have no idea if I hit anyone. A second later I was dead and the iggys started running for the gate. I hit revive at alter. I was saved at Rearia so perhaps I could catch someone.

It never happened. I crashed so hard my computer's clock was reset. I rebooted my system. I tried again to log onto regnum. No luck, froze at the verify screen. After about 45 minutes of restarts I still never got past the verifying screen. Right now I am re-installing regnum.

Anyone else have similar problems that night or was it just me?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
JennyfromtheBlock
Apprentice

JennyfromtheBlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default connection Problems

I know on our side we had a few times where a good # of ppl crashed and we had really bad connection problems. It seemed really slow for ppl logging back in. I got a failed autopatch server message.

Even still you guys put up a good fight...
JennyfromtheBlock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
von1958
Initiate

von1958 is on a distinguished road

it is very normal to have a crash when the reds attack the gate. if you don't crash you will freeze up totally for 10 to 20 seconds. it has been happening since the last fix to stop another bug that caused folks to crash
von1958 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Nerlon
Banned

Nerlon has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik2 View Post
No luck, froze at the verify screen. After about 45 minutes of restarts I still never got past the verifying screen. Right now I am re-installing regnum.

Anyone else have similar problems that night or was it just me?

Happened to me like..............37.4 times...
re-installed regnum about.........29 times....
found the problem...........deleting 'test server' folder fixed this
........at least on my computer.........
Nerlon no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
haloboydeath
Apprentice

haloboydeath is on a distinguished road

This is called the zerg amigo. the zerg is a huge group of Ignis that roam the plains of the baren forests of elf. I was in Alsius to defend off the zerg on my lvl 28 Conjurer with the clan I was in. And their were so many it caused my entire computer to crash. And i once heard a tail of a huge zerg being formed and when the last member arrived they all crashed and lost the gate.