This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 09-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #91
jimishol60
Pledge

jimishol60 is on a distinguished road

It has several months now that rolauncher doesnt work on my laptop with amd 64 testing gentoo and gnome3. I raised my wizard to level55 on my laptop so it worked a lot before it becomes broken. With 64 version i get segmentation fault. On my desktop with stable 64 gentoo and gnome2 works perfectly but copying files from there didn't helped. Copying 32version of rolauncher gives me start up window and fails after verifying 100% of sdb files, i think. Installing the 32version does the same and gives error that doesnt find libtinfo.so.5 I installed the ncurses with tinfo flag so i got this libtinfo file. It still doesnt find it. I linked it to both folders regnum and regnum/live and i get ./game: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
among lot of (rolauncher:8872): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
Dont know what else to do
jimishol60 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #92
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimishol View Post
It has several months now that rolauncher doesnt work on my laptop with amd 64 testing gentoo and gnome3. I raised my wizard to level55 on my laptop so it worked a lot before it becomes broken. With 64 version i get segmentation fault. On my desktop with stable 64 gentoo and gnome2 works perfectly but copying files from there didn't helped. Copying 32version of rolauncher gives me start up window and fails after verifying 100% of sdb files, i think. Installing the 32version does the same and gives error that doesnt find libtinfo.so.5 I installed the ncurses with tinfo flag so i got this libtinfo file. It still doesnt find it. I linked it to both folders regnum and regnum/live and i get ./game: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
among lot of (rolauncher:8872): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
Dont know what else to do
I'm glad you brought this up, I've been meaning to also.

I have the same issue as you on 64-bit Arch Linux.

The launcher opens up fine, but it segfaults if I try to login with an account that has not yet been verified for use with this laptop. So, in effect, I cannot access those accounts any longer. While I receive the email verification, the launcher segfaults instead of allowing me to input the verification code.

It also segfaults when I mouse over any checkbox in the options.

I attempted to run the launcher with gdb, but this yielded little information.

Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff43030a0 in ?? ()
Here's hoping someone still cares for us linux users.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #93
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this can or will help at all, but have u tried installing & running linux version of CoR thru STEAM gaming service? It's the only way at present I can run this game, as the GSS & gtk library incompatibilities have forced me to do so (hmmm, did ?ubuntu community & steam corp. actually plan for & intend this very thing all along so we'd all have to join steam? idk, opinions?).
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #94
jimishol60
Pledge

No, i didnt installed Steam. I m running on gentoo so i dont use deb that is needed as i saw for installing Steam. If installing steam is a must then it should be advertised properly. Generally i dont like to be inforced to install anything, otherwise i would stay in windows , where i was decades ago , or in ubuntu where i was years ago. I will just wait for next updates in the hope that rolauncher will work again. Till then i miss the fun of playing with my kids with defferent machines since only one can play CoR. If debuging was more meaningfull than Segmentation fault things could be solvable.
Seeing http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam seems too complicated and since i am with gnome3 and systemd there will be much trouble with dubious results if i try to install Steam. I'll wait
Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #95
Berel
Initiate

Berel is on a distinguished road

the segfault on Arch is caused by gdk-pixbuff2. 2.28.1-1 is the last version that works with the launcher.

you can extract usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.2800.1 from gdk-pixbuf2-2.28.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz in regnum´s directory, rename it to libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so then run

Code:
LD_PRELOAD=./libgdk_pixbuff-2.0.so ./rolaucher
thats works for me.

gdk-pixbuff2: x86_64 i686

PS:English is not my language, sorry...

Old 10-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #96
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berel View Post
the segfault on Arch is caused by gdk-pixbuff2. 2.28.1-1 is the last version that works with the launcher.

you can extract usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.2800.1 from gdk-pixbuf2-2.28.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz in regnum´s directory, rename it to libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so then run

Code:
LD_PRELOAD=./libgdk_pixbuff-2.0.so ./rolaucher
thats works for me.

gdk-pixbuff2: x86_64 i686

PS:English is not my language, sorry...

Thanks a lot! That does solve the launcher issue for me on Arch.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #97
jimishol60
Pledge

Since i use gentoo i downgraded x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf from 2.28.2 to 2.28.1 (didnt make more downgrade cause of dependencies) with excact same behavior. I say exact because this time i checked dmesg that gave, in both cases,
rolauncher[29654]: segfault at 40 ip 00007fa31c177d98 sp 00007fff9a9350c0 error 4 in libc-2.17.so[7fa31c074000+1a2000]
So maybe it's a C version promblem. May it works on my stable gentoo cause there should be sys-libs/glibc-2.15-r3 and i use here with gentoo testing the sys-libs/glibc-2.17

nevertheless i tried to debug harder and got these fatals on my debug.log
./rolauncher: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_device_is_shadowed (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libpixmap.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libadwaita.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libadwaita.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_device_is_shadowed (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: gtk_module_display_init (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgsettingsgconfbackend.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgsettingsgconfbackend.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gconv/ISO8859-7.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: gconv_end (fatal)
/usr/lib64/pango/1.8.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/pango/1.8.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)
/usr/lib64/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_check_init (fatal)
4058: /usr/lib64/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: g_module_unload (fatal)

I tried copy some of them from gentoo-stable desktop where rolauncher works but did not seem any progress. And i cant believe all these are indeed fatals

Last edited by jimishol60; 10-12-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #98
Berel
Initiate

Berel is on a distinguished road

In Arch the problem started with the libpng update, from 1.5.15 to 1.6.2.

The package gdk-pixbuf2-2.28.1-1 was compiled against libpng 1.5.x. with the libpng update, gdk-pixbuf2 was updated to 2.28.1-2, the same version but compiled against libpng 1.6.x

Perhaps this is related to libpng and not gdk-pixbuf2

PS: You need to decompress rolauncher with upx to do a backtrace...

Last edited by Berel; 10-16-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Berel no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #99
jimishol60
Pledge

Default As workarround I run RO through other linux distribution through chroot

An old player, Jackie Chan, of RO, gave me the idea of chroot
So, i had on an external usb disk, that was named as "ext3_label", the linux-mint 13 (not a bleeding edge distribution as getnoo) So i installen RO there (through an old ROInstall_64 i had. I dont see it anymore in official site - when i click download 64bit it downloads ROInstall_32!!!) where RO was working. So, rebooted in gentoo, i made an executable script that named ro-start

sudo mount -t proc none /run/media/username_of_gentoo/ext3_label/proc
sudo mount --bind /dev /run/media/username_of_gentoo/ext3_label/dev
sudo chroot /run/media/username_of_gentoo/ext3_label su - username_of_mint -c "./ro-launch"

(***--rbind option of mount /dev works better in new chroot terminal enviroment but gentoo and gnome terminal have problems upon umount***)
chroot format was taken from http://www.catonmat.net/blog/chroot-su-sh-trick/
I made another one named ro-umount

sudo umount /run/media/username_of_gentoo/ext3_label/dev
sudo umount -l /run/media/username_of_gentoo/ext3_label/proc

And made another executable script this time in usb's home account folder named "ro-launch"

cd /home/username_of_mint/regnum
./rolauncher

I plug in usb disk that appears in /run/media/username_of_gentoo/ext3_label and run ./ro-start
Ignore some "Permission denied" messages.
Unfortunately windowed mode doesn't work most of the times. But the more important full screen plays well always.
When i finish playing, (performance, of course with full graphics, and sound seems perfect despite the fact that Alt-i in game gave only 9fps that definetely must be wrong), i give ./ro-umount and all is as before ...I hope I can umount and pull off usb if i want

Berel must be right about libpng but this library affects many packages and some of them large enough.So, i didnt downgrade to check.Hope in future this problem will be fixed. For now i can play if i plug an external usb

Last edited by jimishol60; 11-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #100
Cuchulainn
Master

Cuchulainn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimishol60 View Post
I installed Calculate 14 (CLDX variant with XFCE as DE) on my computer yesterday and tried Regnum on it. This linux is based on Gentoo.

At first I got segfaults when executing rolauncher, but the issue was solved after I changed the appearence from the default look to Crux. Somehow the game launcher doesn't work if I use Calculate as appearence theme. But with the change it works now.