This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #31
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuhman
don't forget what has already been said: hunting the noobs there for hours (suppose you can stay there for hours without getting killed) will get you as many RP as 20min in the War Zone. So why would someone do that ? noobs will be targeted if and only if they attack first.
That is an easy one to answer and it is the same reason the saves and gates get camped. Do not underestimate some players’ love of the cheap kill.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #32
Signatus
Master

Location: Damn, I'm lost again!... but now I have a map, wiii!
Signatus will become famous soon enough

The idea of a new high-level city in the WZ is very cool, but it may be very hard to implement in the game as it is. I think that enabling bonuses for holding forts it's a shorter way to improve gameplay (working like a passive skill, for ex. the realm that holds samal wins 5% of bludgeoning protection or something better... I don't address balance issues but a nuke to hunters at lvl 50).

The invasion of the inner realms could make sense if it worked like a timed quest, say "kill all towncriers of the realm in 30 min", that could be multiple (add "kill all Flyingspears in 30 min" for ex. or similar as long as it worked with the lore story) so that there was some motivation for some time (then it could be renewed), after the quest time limit the invaders would perish in some strange and disturbing way (in Ignis they would suffer from instant combustion, in Alsius they would freeze, and in Syrtis they would win some fairy wings while the latest Barbie hit plays and eventually they would disappear in boredom) respawning at some of their realm beacons. This way we can assure noobs protection (no RP for below lvl 30 kills) as we add an objective to invasion (and Znurre can do some sightseeing for some time).

Also it could be added some kind of monument for each invasion in a very requested place, like arround Samal, so that we can brag about Ignis being the best realm in Regnum.

I have some more ideas but i should keep them so that I can use them in the next job interview...
The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
-- Chapter 1.1 of The Tale of Heike, Helen Craig McCullough's translation
Signatus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #33
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuhman
don't forget what has already been said: hunting the noobs there for hours (suppose you can stay there for hours without getting killed) will get you as many RP as 20min in the War Zone. So why would someone do that ? noobs will be targeted if and only if they attack first.
the opposit is true.
thats why hunting low lvls is so common. Its just worth it.
I dont know how many rp you get for a lvl15 or 20 but even if its just 5 or 10 it'll be worth it. remember, a lvl50 is just 18rp

maybe that invasion thing works if all enemies will be beamed outside as soon as one fort is captured
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote