This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #21
Barreln
Pledge

Barreln is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Ignore list seems does not work well, most time the users are unblocked again what you put on the list after a new login.

Seems the Archivements do not work anymore too, i did not see one since a long time.

Party list would maybe better when it would be moveable to another spot instead over the chat windows or a smaller list like shorter from the fields that it doent get so long. Its hard to switch between chat and party fields all time.

Resist rate is to high, imho. I got white mobs sometimes also players what resist twice in row. This is not really logical when ie. the mobs are allready unchallenging or not even that.
Barreln no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #22
Indoril
Pledge

Indoril is on a distinguished road

>>- Invasions: Relic and Gem system.
Removal of blockings. Invasions have to happen often, but their final objectives must not be abused. Create conditions for the aperture of the portal per day with gameplay variables and add new objectives that give the chance to the different player groups that perform the invasion to enjoy them more.<<

Gameplay should be rewarding, regardless of whether one is on the defending or attacking side; don't you agree? The noble quest reward (the quest itself is good) is part of a positive feedback loop that disproportionally rewards strong realms in most aspects of the game.
It's not just that weaker realms get to do it less often, it also creates strategical problems for them - since players (in these realms) rarely get to finish this quest they're likely to rush to noble as soon as the gate goes down. Stragglers will either camp the noble until it respawns or get fended off at the by now recapped gate. Gem acquisition is not likely under these conditions.

>>- Balance: Turn it again into a continuous task.
Perform changes to spells and combat more often when they are considered urgent because of giving a notorious advantage and become an annoying problem. General changes will be done in an update altogether.<<

Balance dynamics change with population. Maybe using two builds, one for Ra, one for smaller servers would be the best way to address this issue.
Hopefully this won't end in another round of mage nerfs. You do not seem to like classes with higher skill caps, for some reason. Maybe it's a general trend in MMOs.
I'd also really like to see improvements to largely unused spells. There are like two builds per class - mostly just slight variations of the same build. Adding 'new' spells to counter overpowered current ones instead of changing them directly would be more difficult but also more interesting.

>>- Progression: Revision of the leveling process in all its aspects.
Make it easier to reach a useful level for RvR, checking all the quests and gameplay related to leveling up. Check the progression in all levels in order to detect monotony and change the objectives if necessary. Perform modifications in the creatures of all the world for them to be useful and convenient in their locations and experience reward.<<

... they suck badly and can't be fixed. Not in a realistic timeframe, especially not without sacrificing other parts of the roadmap, not with your current capabilities.
Quest content in RO is tedious, unrewarding, laughably outdated crap. Getting this mess to a remotely competitive level would be akin to making a new game; the alternative is a half-assed fix, like increasing EXP gains during these levels (by an ineffective amount I bet, since you're afraid of losing scroll sales) and hoping players will somehow not quit before making it to RvR.
Letting players start the game at lvl 45, while also raising the baseline lvl of all mobs to 45, would be a good solution. If you think this too drastic, read some reviews on steam or watch "let's play regnum" on youtube. New players laugh their asses off about early game content, then they leave, deinstall and never look back.
Indoril no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #23
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indoril View Post
I like honest feedback. And I can say that most of the points you make, we thought about them too, and also the possible scenarios. Of course there are some things that can't be turn into their ideal form, but they can be made less annoying and give them another twist, if possible.

With the upcoming changes to Invasions, we hope to solve the immediate problems that this feature has in order to focus on the start of the game and progression until war, and then go back to Invasions again. This iteration can lead to interesting results. Let's continue and see them.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #24
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indoril View Post
I'd also really like to see improvements to largely unused spells. There are like two builds per class - mostly just slight variations of the same build. Adding 'new' spells to counter overpowered current ones instead of changing them directly would be more difficult but also more interesting.
I strongly agree - it also seems NGD forgot to adjust the available discipline and strength points when raising the lvlcap to 60.
While every player had - at least - to choose between 1-2 skill trees in order to get their customized setup, today, everybody can just skill whatever they want, barely without having to spare anything out.
Although this seems pretty cool at first, it creates unneeded imbalance.
Imo, using the skills of the warmaster tree should mean the abandonment of other spells.

If there were less points for everybody and, more importantly, more useful spells for every class, the game could vary much more.

I'd like to suggest a complete, fast revamp of all not-so-frequently-used spells (there are some good lists available in this forum) for a testing version on Amun. The community will probably tell you what's good and what isn't.

PS. mind squasher is stupid
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #25
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

Good luck with this.
Maybe you can combine quests and achievements and add even clan quests / achievements section.
Looking forward to random number generator upgrade and I believe after that goes gathering stats and making a list of the least used spells. There has to be a reason if none of high level players use Finger crush. Check it, improve it or replace it with something better to fit in balance picture. Each class has a lot of spells that are skipped by default when making builds. Some low level players might try them until they realize how useless they are and then they simply reset.

I didn't notice any time span mentioned but I would really like to know some kind of rough ETA for the first update that will bring a chunk of what’s posted (end of year, first eclipse of Sun....).

I also see no fan sites program or invite a friend features mentioned, but they are certainly not a priority. Later if and when game goes back on right track, it should be considered.

Looking forward and hopefully words will turn into code with good implementation.

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #26
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Big thumbs up, good luck with it
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #27
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
- Progression: Revision of the leveling process in all its aspects.
Make it easier to reach a useful level for RvR, checking all the quests and gameplay related to leveling up. Check the progression in all levels in order to detect monotony and change the objectives if necessary. Perform modifications in the creatures of all the world for them to be useful and convenient in their locations and experience reward.
What you guys really needs to do here is make levelling through war a viable option. Up the experience for killing enemies, put a nice experience reward for capturing forts, walls, killing nobles etc. much like the gold rewards for capturing forts. Make it scale with fort levels. Allow the "kill x enemies from x realm" quests to be repeatable for a decent reward. And for god sake increase the 5 quest limit to at least 20, if not remove it completely. There aren't that much quests in the game anyway.

The primary attraction of this game is the war. People quit when they see what a pain it is to get to a level to be able to take part so the sooner players can get into war the better. Consider doing a squid island type of thing for levels 10-39 too.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #28
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwish View Post
... ....

Squid island could be exciting. More exp for warring would also be great!

+1! Starting to follow Swish's posts with interest

Also some means of getting more gold would be great. ATM a GC costs 400k gold. Forts are capped numerous times in a play session, but getting 400k gold is very difficult through grinding and sale of drops to mercs. I've gone from 7 million gold to 3.9 million in just one month, and that 7 million gold took about a year to build up with regular loot boosters...
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #29
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Is there anything planned to put more use to warmaster coins other than buying WM gear? It becomes stagnant once you become warmaster and old players like me and many others who have churned and squeezed every last bit of it are left in-excess of incredibly large amount of WM coins with nothing to do with them, nor can it be traded with self or others.

One idea maybe is like exchange them for gold at some NPC, because we often run out of gold and quite honestly it is not possible to grind just for that. You can't realistically expect warring people to come online, grind for gold so they could repair their gear to war (other than xim repairs ofc).
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #30
Wi3ld
Master

Wi3ld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irsh View Post
ea maybe is like exchange them for gold at some NPC, because we often run out of gold and quite honestly it is not possible to grind just for that. You can't realistically expect warring people to come online, grind for gold so they could repair their gear to war (other than xim repairs ofc).
I'd be great if the wmc could be used to purchase a limited number of premium things from a merchant near the wmc quest givers, such as repair hammers and maybe elixirs. Just stuff they can actually use in war.

Tags
roadmap