This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #21
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by esptupac View Post
warlock changelog analysis:
...nerfed...big fucking nerf...huge blow to warlock class...god help us...raped...holy shit this is sad.
....and so continues the so-called-'offensive' warlock class's long decline into imbalanced near-uselessness & marginalized decrepitude in RvR (Hey, but locks can still be cannon-fodder targets tho, right? YAY!). FFS! If all this is part of that "new path" that NGD promised recently, then why does it all exactingly resemble so closely the old, bad-balance road we were already on since around 1.6.1, four years ago?!....(just saying).

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-08-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:45 AM   #22
esp_tupac
Initiate

esp_tupac is on a distinguished road

I went through all my spells on amun.

Here is a possible future warlock setup:

meteor 4 (7sec)
ivy 3 (4sec)
frozenstorm 2 (works like area distract shot 7sec)
beetle 3 (7sec)
iceBlast 5
lightning 5
CrystalBlast 5(tested conclusion: shit spell too low dmg, junk)
Sultar's Terror 5 (era of range 30 staff begins, it's going to be a tactical spell
to get close to enemy as opposed to just an area knock)

Soulkeeper 4
silence 3 (4 sec)
freeze 2 (5 sec)
willdomain 3 (4sec)
energyBorrow 4 (can't spare any more points)
sadisticServant 3
vamp 4
AmbitiousSacrifice 4

Mindpush 3 (-35% movement speed, old one was -55% at this lvl)
twister 1
slow 4 (-17% movement speed, old one was 25%)
windwall 2

arcaneDev 5
barrier 5
timemaster 4 (same range and style as MoD but last only 10 sec, tested conclusion: duration and area range is too low to be effective at all, junk)
dispell 4
Master of Doom 5
-------------------------------------------------------------
possible spell chains using the above warlock build:

Approach 1: meteor, ivy, ice, freeze, willdomain, beetle, lightning, crystalblast, frozenstorm, ambitiousSac, silence, meteor, energyBorrow, servant (at this point all ur ccs are in cd, no more continuous cc chain)

Approach 2: terror, ice, freeze, willdomain, beetle, lightning, crystalbast, frozenstorm, ambS, silence, ivy, (enemy can dizzy you here cuz silence too short )meteor etc etc

Approach 3: terror, ice, timemaster (this spell is now the core spell that's either gonna bury us or save us as all future chains will be evolved around timemaster), willdomain, beetle, lightning, crystalblast, freeze, ambs, silence etc etc.

Approach 4: use trees and obsticles in wz to disrupt enemy spell chains and buy you time to recharge ur own spells as well as avoiding enemy ccs and apply all 3 previous approaches as you see fit.

Good Luck warlocks!

Last edited by esptupac; 08-08-2014 at 05:17 AM.
esp_tupac no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #23
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

I have a new idea for warlocks

I call it the 'grind a marks' approach
Old 08-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #24
esp_tupac
Initiate

esp_tupac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
I have a new idea for warlocks

I call it the 'grind a marks' approach
more like "grind a knight" approach...look at how op they are in pairs....PA, heal, precise block. Next era belongs to knights ladies and gentlemen. I suggest u start grinding XD
Old 08-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #25
kama Sutra
Pledge

kama Sutra is on a distinguished road
Default What about low level??!!!

Hey, when you made this kind of change, juste take few second to think about new player or low level. Every changes has been made for high level of RvR or PvP. But did you even think what kind of setup a low level mage (as an example) could do to be effective, as much as he can be effective. And, the moment he will try WZ, he will probably die in 4 or 5 secondes no chance of defense.

And its the same situation for hunter, marks, warlock, conju.

Just take Pricking Ivy for an example; a mage could get a decent grind setup at lvl 3, now he has to put it lvl 5 to get the same result, so two more PP to spend for the same result and 2 PP less to put it somewhere else. Same for Will domain, has to put it at lvl 5 to get the same result he has atm. So, with 2 single spell, low level lost 4 PP. That is not nice at all...
kama Sutra no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #26
DogFish
Pledge

DogFish is on a distinguished road

Good that we're getting a balance update, some thoughts.

*Sultar's Terror: Duration 2-6, knock chance 100%. Seems like sultar chains will be possible again. Make it so that knocks don't stack.

*Mass Rezz: This spell seems too powerful with no drawbacks. If they get rezz immunity, then level 1 is enough for most purposes. Imagine there are many players down at a fort door. Conjurer pops out in sanctuary, casts mass rezz 1, all players rezz and are immune. I suggest putting a limit on the number of players resurrected. (Level 1=1 player rezzed, level 2=2 players, similar to old vital surrender).

*Mage/Barbarian Spacing: Mage Mental CC's have been heavily nerfed. Barbarian speed/damage remain the same. Barbarians gain some dizzies. I believe that this will make it very difficult for mages to effectively play/survive. This should be watched carefully.

*Archer Skill piggybacking: Dual Shot/Shield Piercing are castable at any point in attack cycle with 0.5 cast time (Similar to Ensnare). Now Archers can rotate through attack+skill for a nice increase in damage. Both skills multiply damage (120%+120 slash=dual shot5, 150%=shield pierce 5). However, this may allow archers with boss jewelry to do even more absurd damage.

*DI: DI should be looked at again, especially in the context of Barbarian with DI. Prickling Ivy has been nerfed, mages are especially vulnerable to a Barbarian with DI. With CCs being reduced in duration, DI, Confuse, and Darkness need to be looked at again.

*Golem Fist: Low Level damage was increased, but no one will use it because it's still cooldown 60. For comparison, Lightning and Ice Blast will do more damage and have cooldown 20.

*Silence: duration 2-6 and cooldown 60 for a single target, range 25, non damaging dizzy? The cooldown seems too long. For comparison, Burst of Wind has cooldown 40.

*Ribs Breaker: Changed to cd 40. Balestra still remains cd 25. Is this intentional?, considering that the spells are essentially the same except for damage type.

*Lightning Arrow: The effect and duration have been heavily nerfed. I would consider reducing the cooldown from 3 min.

*Armor System: Please look into this. Numerous threads on the topic. Penalizes low damage characters and barely affects hard hitting characters (barbs/boss jewelry archers).

In any case, this update needs to be thoroughly tested on Amun before being released. Would people be interested in organizing some large scale fights on Amun? Maybe on the weekend?
DogFish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Mass Resurrection! Yes! Wohoo!

As general:

Great job about reducing durations on CC spells.

My main view will be regarding Conjurer and Marksman.

Conjurer
  • Summon Tree got a few good points. I agree with all points there. How's the duration and cooldown though?
  • Life Tree: Mass Resurrection! Yes, my beloved spell. Good job on that.
  • Sorcery: Steel Skin. Hmm. Well we can't certainly be as effective with reduced CC and the complete overhaul of Timemaster.
  • Mental Tree: All CCs were nerfed. That's good. However you're inflicting more damage on Conjurer rather than Warlocks.
  • Timemaster? Cool concept but too much mana for its effects. The Freeze effect was good. It wasn't great because only 4+ really did work.
  • Enchantments: All good. Perhaps something about the debuffs.
  • Staff Mastery: They're the only thing that are decreasing the grinding cuve. So +1 anyhow.

Overall: More good points rather than bad. I feel Warjurer has taken a hit as in a Mental setup. The impact will be less seen in grinding as CCs - except for Pricking Ivy, as it deals damage - aren't much used.
In war, people need to get used to the 2s annoyance instead of 3s (3 seconds on 1 was perfect to the supporting Conjurer).
Timemaster - I'm still not sure about it. Good concept but it will be in a high level with high mana and probably with the same 2 minute cooldown.

Marksman:
  • Good job on Arrow Mastery. The least used spells got an upgrade, perhaps we'll see more variety now.
  • Aiming Mastery are interesting. Dead Eye was good with it's attack speed malus. Now it's even better.
  • Focus - Not sure anybody uses that. But! Now gives the possibility to use without being a dead man walking. Maybe it will prove useful against Son of the Wind. Apart from that, not sure there are any other use for it.
  • Well done on Archer trees imo. I like seeing Point Shot and Adaptability be of use. Bad news for Mages. Adaptability is going to be heaven with a Dirty Fighting + Rapid Shot + Cold Blood combination.

What I'd like to see be done:

Mounting of relics removed.

Regards.
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #28
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

I love most changes!
Didn't see em in game yet, but sounds good to me.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #29
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Deafening Roar:

The 1 second cast time on this spell needs to be reviewed, it's just too much. Reducing the duration was enough in my honest opinion. Did some tests and it is almost impossible to cast it in time on intended target (at 200+ ping my regular) and the target goes always out of range before you could finish the cast. It's only useful as a random spell now in zerg wars or at fort doors, where you take 1s to cast it hoping no one would knock you down before it goes out.

Please don't make the game static like this, with all other good things going.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #30
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Re barbs:

Def been nerfed quite significantly. Off actually improved through blunt/slash/pierce trees but at cost of mana and CD. Basically it makes it harder for barbs to actually reach the enemy, and once there we'll need to think more carefully about what to use. But we remain effective killing machines - if we actually get to target.

Fort wars though will definitely not be barb's business, but knights business - especially door fights.

Not yet sure how this affects gameplay. My tactics need complete re-writing . Looking forward to the changes coming alive on main server.

Need to grind a knight!
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote