This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They wouldn't. The only way for a realm to get their own relics back to their forts is by basically resisting the invasion attempt.
Keep in mind that only 1 relic would make the Wall vulnerable, although it'd be for a very short period of time, which means that in order to have a serious invasion attempt it'd be wise to cap various relics at the same time and earn a much bigger opportunity.
I'm not sure if I am understanding this right, so please correct me if I'm wrong...

So relic carriers and allies near the relic would be stronger, and a realm would only need one relic to make a gate vulnerable to attack? That means everyone would be constantly walking on egg shells because of the possibility of invasion all the time. In my personal opinion, that doesn't benefit anyone.

I honestly think the invasion system is fine, maybe could use a few minor tweaks, but I'm happy with the way it is. I think relics SHOULD be able to be taken back from enemy castles and such, so that it keeps the momentum swinging in different directions. The only real complaint that I have about invasions that I actually would love to see something done about, is realms being invaded by like 25-30+ players, when they only have like 8 or less defending. But then again, every realm has it's up and down time, so they all benefit from it at times, and other times not so much. I guess it really can't be helped, unless there was a way to figure out what time periods each realm is often the most vulnerable, and make those realms more attractive for people in time zones that can play the most during those hours. But that's probably not going to happen.

In conclusion, the game is fine the way it is. I would rather see it stay the same, instead of fixing things that aren't broken.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #12
Valkasar
Count

Valkasar is on a distinguished road

The changes sound so far so good. I add my voice to the claim of making the doors have an explicit health bar, and to add a map-visible timer for relics.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

Sounds good.

Give random loots for killing enemy players too, and war would be constant in my opinion.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #14
Celthar
Pledge

Celthar is on a distinguished road
Smile

Really glad you start working at this problems !
Celthar no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
Sounds good.

Give random loots for killing enemy players too, and war would be constant in my opinion.
Ganking would also be constant! Maybe only near forts? But yeah, some reward (gold/loot) would be nice .

OT: I like the proposals Adrian, glad to see you're making an effort. The invasion system has always been a game of numbers. I have doubts whether the proposed system will change that, but we'll have to see how the variables work I guess!

Especially like the idea of making invasions more dangerous rather than mount a pony and ride to home castle.

Also +1 for health bars for doors/gates.

While we're on the topic of forts, level 1-2 doors need more health and guards need to able to attack archers ranging doors. It's not acceptable that a single barb or a couple of archers can take down the door of a fortification/castle.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #16
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post

In conclusion, the game is fine the way it is. I would rather see it stay the same, instead of fixing things that aren't broken.

great to see you working on this at long last.i agree with arwath,im not sure this new invasion system will fix anything regarding it being a numbers game.i really like how you are going to count online numbers to help determine what course of action you will take.that said,if your able to track online numbers and player level why not just block a realm if it has less than a certain percentage of the attacking realm?

maybe place GC's by gems and gate flags for low population realms is another option.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #17
Wi3ld
Master

Wi3ld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumberest View Post
maybe place GC's by gems and gate flags for low population realms is another option.
I imagine it would be difficult for them to accurately calculate the population of realms. For example, you don't want to count low level users as they most likely won't partake in war, and even some level 45s would happily grind instead of helping their realms (which is fine). I can't see basing logic on population would ever be a simple, or good solution.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #18
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi3ld View Post
I can't see basing logic on population would ever be a simple, or good solution.
Looking at your signature now and ummm let's say two weeks ago, I don't think it either.

OT: ADRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LUVE YA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
A critical issue regarding any kind of Invasions system possible. It’s no fun when you’re less, and sometimes too when you’re more. I’ll be straightforward with this: we will measure the population average both in a long term (a week) and in a short term (a whole day) to inflict in some variables: timers, guards, health of doors and if possible, some buffs too. This will be measured among players of a level suitable for war and of those that frequent the war zone.

- If re-logging from an account of one realm to another, a timer that will forbid the usage of Invasions mechanics (including fort capturing, etc) will start with proper feedback to the user.
That's the best new I've heard so far!!

Don't know if the "capture more forts at once thing" will work again, remember you placed save altars near to all forts and one near to the gate as well back then... I'd like to see invasions where NOT the numbers are that matter but the tactics, I know it may be a dream only but if so, I will keep dreaming

Anyway, looking forward to the changes as always, let them come, the more frequently the better!!

PS: .I. [ -.- ] .I. <---- Multis
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #19
Monthser
Secondary account

Monthser is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Sounds good! Specially the part about multirealmers! I hope this measure contributes to realm balance.
Congratulations NGD, you are on the right track.
Monthser no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #20
Ankh-Legacy
Pledge

Ankh-Legacy is on a distinguished road

I am confused on a lot of that but I am intrigued.
Ankh-Legacy no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread

Tags
development, invasions