This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #21
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuhman
best thing to do is to ask the people of our own realm not camp gates when we see that happening, just like save camping (even better is to tell them not to go there). Most of the time it works. Eventually there will be just one guy hanging around who will get killed quickly.

BUT, if camping the gate is lame, you can't blame a hunter or a small group for passing by just as you cross the gate. this is the war zone after all.
IMHO, running alone the gate is ok
killing the teleporter and hiding behind trees there is not

Quote:
Originally Posted by muunleit
I'm hunter and I can say in my groups (mostly of my clan) I avoid to lead to saves, gates and markets.
If we find someone away from this places we kill him ones, if we see him again later coming from a save or leveling at the same place, we go away and only attack again if he attack us. I think this is a clean way of hunting for both sides.
yes, thats how i keep it while hunting, too.
I kill them a 2nd or 3rd time if they start attacking though
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #22
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
This is laughable... Syrtis is king of camping gates. The only fair thing happening is it is now happening to Syrtis.
ah so this means that everyone in syrtis should just be punished instead of turning the back on those who do it?

I'm against that, play fair and others will follow your example if you look down upon them when not doing it. Maybe it's fun to kill people who just entered the war zone because of a bug that you can hide in a tree. But it's not fun not being able to go some place without getting killed
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:25 AM   #23
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwinged_Devil
ah so this means that everyone in syrtis should just be punished instead of turning the back on those who do it?

I'm against that, play fair and others will follow your example if you look down upon them when not doing it. Maybe it's fun to kill people who just entered the war zone because of a bug that you can hide in a tree. But it's not fun not being able to go some place without getting killed
I do not camp any gate nor do I go killing at the saves. That does not mean I can not find the humor in someone from syrtis complaining about gate camping. I can not count the number of times I have been jumped by my gate by syrtis.

Now if you do not camp the gate then I applaud you but I doubt that lead by example will have any impact on anyone’s play style.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #24
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

I can not count the number of times I have been jumped by my gate by syrtis

Me too.
Today as a matter of fact.
I was kneeling and recovering from a creature attack (not far from the gates).
Syrtis whammed me from behind.
All realms do it.
There's no point compaining about it tho - don't get angry, get even.
Like someone said: "The first casualty of war is innocence."
It seems that this applies to simulated, as well as real war.
Bill..

Last edited by makarios68; 07-19-2007 at 12:22 PM.
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #25
mann2411
Baron

mann2411 is on a distinguished road

ok guys i've calmed down now. peace. btw to all those who say Syrtis does this and they are so bad etc and to work out our own problems. If u read every post i have done this thread it always says "i know not everyone does this....." see unlike u i dont blame the whole realm. anyway sorry for the whining post
mann2411 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #26
sardid
Apprentice

sardid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
I do not camp any gate nor do I go killing at the saves. That does not mean I can not find the humor in someone from syrtis complaining about gate camping. I can not count the number of times I have been jumped by my gate by syrtis.

Now if you do not camp the gate then I applaud you but I doubt that lead by example will have any impact on anyone’s play style.
hmm, as many have said, this is war, and in war everything goes...but that doesn't mean this is right.
Tyr, from what I'm reading it seems that as a realm Syrtis is most hated(too strong word? well read the posts back and then complain), but individuals inside of a realm who just wish to level, do they deserve to be killed, or even trapped in the warzone? This is a moment where you must think about the player behind the character, as it's just not right.
humour? I for one do not find this funny, from anyone's point of view. damn I'd hate to know what you guys think happen behind our walls.
If most people that are campers are from Syrtis, how are we going to help that? alakazam, the dick has gone?
Syrtis can not apoligize because it is not Syrtis' fault and it seems that you don't understand that.
But hear this, if anyone spots a Guardian Of Power camping of the such out camping, then tell us in a PM or something, cause we just don't think it's right and will be dealt with.
sardid no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #27
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

well this aint really gate camping but almost the same think...today i logged in and got killed in 2 sec by alsius party i said ok...
so then they waited me to revive for 5mins runing away and hiding then commin back to check if im resurected ...that lasted for like 5-10mins and then i guess they got bored and went away...but my point is if they kill me and then go away that ok but if they waitin at altar for someone that bad as gate camping
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #28
Maelstrom
Apprentice

Maelstrom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardid
hmm, as many have said, this is war, and in war everything goes...but that doesn't mean this is right.
Tyr, from what I'm reading it seems that as a realm Syrtis is most hated(too strong word? well read the posts back and then complain), but individuals inside of a realm who just wish to level, do they deserve to be killed, or even trapped in the warzone? This is a moment where you must think about the player behind the character, as it's just not right.
humour? I for one do not find this funny, from anyone's point of view. damn I'd hate to know what you guys think happen behind our walls.
If most people that are campers are from Syrtis, how are we going to help that? alakazam, the dick has gone?
Syrtis can not apoligize because it is not Syrtis' fault and it seems that you don't understand that.
But hear this, if anyone spots a Guardian Of Power camping of the such out camping, then tell us in a PM or something, cause we just don't think it's right and will be dealt with.

You are not undestanding anything, no one here is asking an apoligize to Syrtis, we are saying that before blaming other realms, solve this in your own one.
If you(or any of your mates) are from Syrtis, then make a thread called "Syrtis stay away from the gates!!!"
Old 07-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #29
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardid
Tyr, from what I'm reading it seems that as a realm Syrtis is most hated

Then please reread it. I do not hate Syrtis nor do I blame the whole realm of gate camping. You are failing to understand that with comments like accusing one realm of gate camping is the point of view of the one posting it.

Look if you have been killed just outside your gate countless times during beta and post beta by player sitting there waiting for someone to come or go and 99% they were from Syrtis would you even care that is was just a handful of players or are you just going to use a general statement of Syrtis is a bunch of gate campers????

I would bet you would point the finger at the realm. It is just human nature. If you follow this just a bit more then you would see the humor in someone in that realm complaining about gate camping.

I never ask for an apology nor do I want one. I have not complained that gate camping is happening or went gate camping myself. I did was found the humor in it and still do. It is true that there is absolutely nothing that a play can do to prevent this so all that is left is to laugh about the situation. It is a game after all and should be fun.

I know first hand that the only rule to warfare is There is no rules. You do not win a war dieing for your realm. You win by making you enemy die for theirs.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #30
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but u dont help your realm too much if u discrase it and everybody hates it ofcourse there are no rules but u should think about honour
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread