This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 AM   #11
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

There should be substantial rewards for plundering cities too. It would be great if you can get some nice items not normally purchasable at your local towns.

One question though, once you regain at least one of your own forts then your gates will close again right? So what happens to leftover enemies? Particularly enemies who logged off in your realm. I can imagine how hard it will be to find a level 50 hunter in the inner realm.
e30G no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #12
magnet
Count

magnet is on a distinguished road

Make it that you can't bind to altars in foreign countries, then the hunter will be hunted !!! And sent back where he belongs

I for one would love that taking all forts would unleash the wrath of all realms . And it wouldn't ruin the game (for those afraid of griefers who kill newbies) since the gate would be closed soon (as a fort should be taken back soon, unless a realm becomes really stronger than the others).

Great idea.
magnet no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #13
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road

no it would work like this:

- all forts get taken. that only happens when no other strong forces are around (wierd hours)
- the gates open.
- as many enemies as possible will storm the inner wall and keep slaying noobaz (what a challengenge)
- finally another realm manages to take back a fort
- the door closes, enemies still inside probably spawncamping each city. can a lvl 20 even hurt a lvl 50? hell no! so slaying continues.
- the realms that got invaded have to create hunting parties inside the walls and clean up. highlvlers are needed. in the meantime the forts might be retaken.
- 'experienced' highlvlers that invaded the noobzone will log out at this point and switch chars. so they can login later and continue to create havoc. (logging out is comon in fort fights)

so, where exactly is the fun part in this scenario?
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #14
Signatus
Master

Location: Damn, I'm lost again!... but now I have a map, wiii!
Signatus will become famous soon enough

Me being a high lvl and slaying noobs inside walls?

Ok, you are right Twix. It would kill the game (sooner or later only high lvls would play and they would get bored).
The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
-- Chapter 1.1 of The Tale of Heike, Helen Craig McCullough's translation

Last edited by Signatus; 07-17-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Signatus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 AM   #15
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Either that or make only town NPC's killable for a load of RP and good item rewards. Just throwing a random idea there. But Twix is right, it might not be good for the game. I would like to see some meaning to taking forts other than pawning the other realm though.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #16
amade
Baron

amade is on a distinguished road

I guess Nightwix is right, though I still would love to get a chance to seeing the insides of the enemy's realm

And I second Earnest, there should be some meaning to taking all the forts other than to humiliate them.

FoV Clan Inventory Listing
amade no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #17
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Hey, you all forget one thing.
It won't be easy to survive inside the enemies walls.

Haven't you seen exactly HOW many guards there are near the citys ?
If you even go near alone, you will be dead in 2 seconds.

You will need a big big party to even get inside, and then to survive.
It won't be any meaning to be in there all alone cause you'll be killed soon enough.

I would think plundering other realms would be really funny.
And also, don't forget that the gates should be really hard to break, leading to massive fights, lots bigger than fort fights, where all realm players, even lvl 20's comes to defend their realm.

It would get damn funny.
And I think, that you need to be really lucky if you manage to get inside the other realm with even 10 men!

You will get hunted.

This will be fun, to try and survive, inside an uknown world where you have never been before

i don't think would ruin the game at all, rather the opposite !

Last edited by Znurre; 07-17-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Znurre no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #18
Signatus
Master

Location: Damn, I'm lost again!... but now I have a map, wiii!
Signatus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znurre
You will get hunted.

This will be fun, to try and survive, inside an uknown world where you have never been before

i don't think would ruin the game at all, rather the opposite !
It won't work that way, i could show you. U start in noob zone, and i start at ignis gate, and i'll get close to you without passing in any city or wall and hardly by mobs in about 7 min (maybe less).

I could log of in places inside Ignis that only a couple of people could ever find (when i'm bored i go to impossible places with my mage).

Imagine that I want to play in other realm, say alsius with a different account and the game is like u describe... it's havoc after getting inside, you would have to have high lvls patrolling every single place inside the walls, not letting them having pleasure battling in the WZ. And if they don't patrol the game is impossible to play for newcomers (which is a death sentence on any game).

If I can say that about Ignis, many others can say the same about they own realms. And one might say that it can be that way in the beginning but things eventually lvl themselves, and it might be true, but the time it would take would cause a bad impression on newcomers and word would spread.

Hell, if I had been slaughtered in lvl 20 without standing a chance I would never play the game again. In WZ I might be slaughtered from time to time, but it's my fault because I wasn't smart enough, or lvled enough, anyway it was my option.

This war is just RP competition... at least for now.

Want to try other realms, go to the experimental.
The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
-- Chapter 1.1 of The Tale of Heike, Helen Craig McCullough's translation
Signatus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #19
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

It's not about trying other realms, and BTW you cannot hide forever.

1. You will get hit by mobs so that you loose HP.
2. Then you get spotted by maybe one newbie, maybe a group.
3. They will either manage to kill you or run away/die.
4. More pople will come, they will bring a hunter, you will be dead.

Conclusion: You will have to be very discrete to survive inside the enemies wall, and if you want RP the best way is to visit cities and that would get very risky.

I mean, you get more RP in WZ than inside another enemies realm hunting noobs. It won't be too atractive. What's atractive is to bring a HUGE group of people and invade, lets say the main city, kill all NPC's, kill all noobs, and then go to next village and have masacre

And this will be very hard! Cause you won't just sneak trought the WZ gates.

And, these "hunts" will also be some variation, wouldn't they ?
It would be something like events.
Suddenly people storming the mai n city and you need to defend it.

If you were archer, maybe you could manage to get up on a roof and shoot at the intruders, and you could bring your dragon there to slaughter the invaders.

Would be really fun, and I would have enjoyed it if I were in the newbies position.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #20
amade
Baron

amade is on a distinguished road

Alright then, it seems that the main concern is whether or not this will harm the low level noobs.

So how about this to discourage noob killing: Killing enemies in their realm do not give RPs. Sure, some noobs may get killed anyway, but hopefully because they chose to fight with the invaders rather than run away. The invaders won't be prowling around away from the cities and towns looking for fights as it's just not as attractive as hunting in the WZ anymore so they'll be concentrated around the city killing NPCs for LOTS of xp and plunder (rare items, perhaps those not available in your own realm) gained by killing said NPCs (as an incentive instead of going around killing noob players). So, like Znurre said, you need a bloody large party to be able to make it all worthwhile and with such a large party there's no point going around in the wilderness killing noobs and going out alone is practically suicide (not to mention there aren't any RPs to be gained). And since killing enemies in the realm don't give RPs (to be fair this is applicable to both the invaders and the defenders), the invaders will want to avoid as much contact as possible with the defenders and concentrate on killing the town NPCs.

With that, there'll be massive fights in the cities with just as much fun for both sides. Noobs can still go around and do some lvling with relative safety if they decide not to join the fight. Trade and quests won't be too disrupted, maybe there will be a setback for an hour or two (as the whole invading party can't survive very long and will have to respawn back to their altars). And to echo the no logging out in forts idea, invaders can't log out in enemy realm and will instead be respawned back to their altar if they log back in.

Hopefully I've covered everything. If I have any more ideas, I'll post more or just edit this post. I apologise for using (parentheses) a lot, it's a bit of a habit of mine when posting in forums.

/edit: One more thing concerning the gates. Obviously, the gate has to be fought for whether or not it can be captured like forts. As the invaders prepare to enter the realm, they have to assemble on either side of the gate (unless NGD makes it that the gate actually opens, and only closes once the forts have been recaptured). Teleporters won't be practical as they are killable so entering or leaving the realm should imitate the way fort/castle gates work.

FoV Clan Inventory Listing

Last edited by amade; 07-17-2007 at 02:00 PM.
amade no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote