This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough
Default Fair Play?

If I am in enemy territory and my computer freezes - rendering my character a 'sitting duck' - is it generally considered fair play for enemy warriors to blast my character to smitherines?
If my character is stood statue-still I would of thought it obvious to the enemy that I was having probs.
If this is deemed fair play, then i will return the favour one day.
Bill..
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Froste
Baron

Froste is on a distinguished road

If it happens in a big war, I personally would kill the person, if I met a person one on one and it happened I would not; But there are also people who would rather try to log out than fight or run (I'm looking at you znurre ), and those I wouldn't mind killing, but it's kind of difficult to tell whether someone has crashed or logged out on purpose sometimes, so, I would suggest you go by your own convictions and feelings - all the other players will behave according to their own sentiment, and there's really no right or wrong, it's war after all.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 AM   #3
Cristovao
Pledge

Cristovao is on a distinguished road

It depends...
I for example could attack that person before knowing the condition,but if the person is frozen in enemy territory you have two options leave her and dont attack her by your honor or moral stand or attack her thinking in the "when she comes out from the problem she will kil more of my kingdom".
But like froste said in this situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by froste
all the other players will behave according to their own sentiment, and there's really no right or wrong, it's war after all.
And for this i agree.
Cristovao no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
-Edge-
Banned

-Edge- will become famous soon enough

Im a rather peaceful fellow, so I only attack when someone else attacks me. I never attack first.
-Edge- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

lol im ashamed but dont think i wont kill u i was kiled few times when i was lagged so now i show no mercy
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 AM   #6
kylor
Initiate

kylor is on a distinguished road

Perhaps in a small encounter, if you were to suddenly stop doing anything, it would be more honorable to just step down the attack.

However, in any large scale fighting, you probably won't even notice that they aren't there. That, or it's too laggy to tell. In that case you should expect to die if your client crashes.

In general, don't get too mad at other people for killing your crashed character.
kylor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froste
(I'm looking at you znurre )
Hey, Frosty man, I don't get that.
Have I ever logged out in a fight ?

I'm just gonna tell you that I use to crash like 5 times in a hour, and it happens mostly at wars, mostly when people heal me.
I've died som damn many times just because of my crashings, I do not enjoy them.

Amade, for example, can confirm this as I always use to whine about the f*cking crashes when I fight.
It's not about logging out, it's not about being coward, it's about that I crash whole the time.

I've always enjoyed a fair fight, and I would never log out during a fight.
That's it.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
amade
Baron

amade is on a distinguished road

Cool it guys, the last time me and Znurre had a fight over at Algaros with several of our kinsmen half if not the whole invading party crashed, at the same time! :P
I dunno if the Syrtis players crashed too, 'cos we hoped like hell that we weren't the only ones agonizing as the fight was getting pretty good (i.e. we were winning ). But, there you go: Crash happens. If you get killed, it's the game's fault. If you log out, we'll never know for sure but shame on you. Anyhow it'd be stupid to try and log out right in the middle of the fight as there's a 20 second countdown, enough time to get killed unless you're inna fort. Besides, there are other more efficient ways to not get killed by enemy players which is by mob suicide or drowning (which I look down to as well). Sometimes, it's just an accident.

Personally, I never log out of fights either. You can ask them Ignis folks what I did when I was the only one left in Samal fort as they were trying to take it back. On two occasions I tried to escape from their party as the door breaks down when I could have cheated by logging out safely instead. I wasn't able to make it very far though, but at least it was fair to all.

Anyhow, point is let's just stop accusing each other of these sort of things as it only leads to misunderstandings and all other sorts of unpleasantness. We shouldn't take it too hard whenever something unfair happens to us. Sometimes, we even end up being unfair to others without realizing it.

Take care...

FoV Clan Inventory Listing
amade no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
Myxir
Count

Myxir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amade
Cool it guys, the last time me and Znurre had a fight over at Algaros with several of our kinsmen half if not the whole invading party crashed, at the same time! :P
I dunno if the Syrtis players crashed too, 'cos we hoped like hell that we weren't the only ones agonizing as the fight was getting pretty good
Yes, we crashed too. And: capturing Algaros now, is not very hard.... There are nearly only low-level players there. This is very enerving.

To topic:
I don't kill people that seem to be crashed in the middle of the fight. But I should rethink this.... I went a few times to Alsius now just to do a little "wild-pvp". I saw a conjurer while he was leveling.. He was not even unchallenging for me. This happened at the border to the ice land. I waved and I wanted to go on... In my log I saw that his Summon attacked me. So i thought "okay" let's teach him a lesson... With my pet the fight was over very fast... When I came back from the icy land the same happened again with the same enemy.
So the question is: Why should anyone "play fair" if no one accepts it?
(this happended to me with ignis players as well and i am sure there are Syrtis players too)
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah thats my point...i lagged once in syrtis and some newbee archer killed so why should i be fair???if u fair u die very fast so im gonna kill lagged or no lagged persons...that my oppinion and i know it a shit but im gonna be like that till someone shows mercy to me when i cant defend...
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote