This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #21
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTwix
And conj rarely heal knights. When i played my knight i sometimes thought they have a personal problem with me and refuse to heal, but my marksman gets healed all the time. I dont really know why knights dont get healed. Maybe they are seen as useless? Well they are...

actually there are only few situations where knights are usefull, thats rushing down the enemy or stop rushing enemies. In the meantime they cant do anything but wait, take hits and watch the others have fun and get their rp.
And even in those rare situations where knights come close to an enemy they get lousy rp cause they are overbuffed.

I can see 2 reasons why a knight may not get healed:

1. You are too far away from your allied conjurers.
2. Your conjurers suck.

I think I can safely say that in our realm we pay close attention to our knights. As a conjurer I love knights (I am actually leveling one as well) because I see them as an important part of the team and is one of my favorite classes. I don't know which of the 2 reasons I gave you here why your conjurers don't look after you, only you can answer that.

Area spells have their uses and are not useless. Greater healing can keep you alive long enough for a conjurer's heal ally to cooldown. Mana communion can help at recharging the conjurer's and your mana. A conjurer can then either use his mana to heal you or cast synergy bond on you.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #22
undefined
Apprentice

undefined is on a distinguished road

Personally, I like Knights too. I'm also lvling one. As a Conjurer, I don't really have any class preference on who I heal. I just heal the people on the front who are taking damage. I just don't like to heal the people who just always go up front and just constantly take way more damage than a Conjurer (or Conjurers) can deal with. Conjurer's are limited by cooldowns... we have to pick the right targets to heal so our heals won't get wasted. If we waste multiple heals on you and you STILL die... and this happens many times... I'll probably lower that person's priority on my healing list.

Some Knights are good though. They can take an insane amount of damage and can help with pushes. The nice thing is you don't have to constantly watch them either, unlike Barbs and Archers. I dunno, I just save my heals for people who are playing effectively, which can include knowing how to shift enemy focus on them and deal with it enough so that the damage taken is within the limits of the Conjurers' cooldowns.
undefined no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #23
Ironfoot
Initiate

Ironfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i have a 50 barb, and i started a knight thats about 30 lvl.. I can safely say that knights are a good and useful class on the battlefield.. They dont have to rely so much on healing like barbs do.. As a survivor type of player, i enjoy knight..

But ofcourse barbs are much better at hunting parties - very fast on short distances high amounts of dmg in a short time, enemy down, and u retreat - thats very fun too!!
And they can runaway from enemies, unlike knights.
Ironfoot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #24
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

This can't be used for anything in order to balance
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #25
bureksir
Pledge

bureksir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by n01getsout
According to the Champion Rankings, in the top 30 there are:

7 Barbarians - 23%
2 Knights - 7%
1 Hunter - 3%
3 Marksmen - 10%
8 Conjurers - 27%
9 Warlocks - 30%

Does this mean that Warlocks are overpowered? How should they be nerfed if so?

Do Conjurers get too much XP for healing and buffing? As a Conjurer myself, I can say I don't think so.

In my experience, I am most often killed outside of fort battles by Hunters, so why is there only 1 in the top 30? Surely their kill to death ratio is much better than most of the other classes, but this isn't calculated in the rankings and I think it should be.

Why do Knights seem to be absent from this list? Is it because they suck or is the number of each class in the top 30 just random?

Am I looking for conclusions in a bunch of random data or is there really some meaning behind these numbers?
You can't really get any useful data out of this chart until you know how many players are playing as which class and similar stuff. For example, what if 70% of chars in the game are warlocks, or conjus? So, as it is, this is completely useless.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #26
Bully
Banned

Bully is on a distinguished road

Ummm...isn't that what i said earlier?
Bully no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #27
Smiley2k7
Master

Smiley2k7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully
Who knows really?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #28
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully
maybe it is, but I think that bureksir and I had the same feeling, didn't want to read the whole thread and just saying rp's are not a good thing to measure balance with.
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote