This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road
Knights class is done

Heads up for everyone who wants to become knight. Or recently became one.
Yea even for those who have a highlvl knight.
Better start a new char now!
I did, and im sad that i wasted time and money with my knight char.

The last updates gimped knights more and more. And the next one will be the deathblow.
Whats upcoming (see the development posting):

1) - Knock down resistance related to constitution is now halved (Before: By / 2 Now: By / 4)
translates to: chars with high const get knocked down more often compared to others. guess which class got most const!

2) - Damage strength bonus for Knights reduced by 25%. Other factors such as current weapon or spells are not affected by this.
translates to: we hit way less.
I did some testing. fast blade on aquaints elite (normal to me). I killed 3 of them on each server with identical setup and no buffs or spells. not counting missed or criticals
on the liveserver i killed them with 28 hits and avg dmg of 185
on the exp server i killed them with 33 hits and avg dmg of 156
This gap is more than it might look like on first sight. Its HUGE!
I stongly demand a 0% reduction!
see my argument in this thread especially my posts #9 and #22.
but the whole thread is worth to read as everyone from other classes agree with me.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH KNIGHTS STR. SO DONT TOUCH IT!

3) new spells. Every class seems to get new awsome spells.
so what do we get? an nice new spell called "Protector", in the extensively (beware: sarcasm) used discipline shields:
Quote:
The knight focuses its mind only to blocking enemy attacks and powers.
(Can be deactivated)

lvl1-5: 30,35,40,45,50%

Type:activatable
duration: 60 secs
cost: 450 mana
cooldown: 60 secs
casting time: 0.5 secs

cannot cast -1
cannot attack -1
yea

on lvl5 you have a 50% chance of blocking an attack but as tradeoff you cannot attack or cast anything

and its an activatable spell that has 60 dur and 60 cooldown means you cant deactivate it. cause you only can deactive after cooldown is over, but then the spell is over anyway.

ok, another useless and broken knightspell. thats no surprise. The sad thing is that this spell replaces "Magic Rebound". THAT would have been an awsome spell which returns magic damage, but never got implemented and never will.

Conclusion:
Until now it was a running gag among warriors:
"hey, a new update." "oh, in which way did NGD gimp us this time?"
I dont remember everything they took from us, but this time its just too much.
But it was least playable and somewhat fair. And the times when knights were overpowered are LONG gone.
We already have to struggle very hard to get some rp in fort fights.
After this update knights will just be a tincans on two legs

At this point i thought about flaming how overpowered warlocks are or how bugged the archers are, but that wouldnt help.
In the end i play to have fun. But if you play a class that gets kicked in the nuts after each update then there is only frustration left.
Having a magic rebound, THAT would be fun. Seeing a warlock getting killed by his own lighning. YEA
Instead we get a crippled skill for the gimp class in return for being crippled and gimped even more.

NGD should rather fix some of those pathetic bugs instead of messing around with stuff thats totally fine.
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
-Shadow-
Pledge

-Shadow- is on a distinguished road

crap. i had a level 20 knight that i was working on from time to time...
-Shadow- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
ChadMC
Initiate

ChadMC is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, I agree with you that the Knight class is getting jipped. I think the strength should be left untouched.

The knockdown update imho is a good thing. The way it is now, you only have about a 25% chance of knocking down anybody in the game. But saying that the people with more constitution are going to be knocked down more than someone with less constitution is wrong. Here's some math the way that I see it..

I'll just use 80 and 60 as a comparision. Let's say you have 80 constitution and I have 60.

Resistance to knockdown = constitution / 2 (old way)
Resistance to knockdown = constitution / 4 (new way)

80 / 2 = 40% resistance to knockdown
60 / 2 = 30% resistance to knockdown

then the new way...

80 / 4 = 20% resistance to knockdown
60 / 4 = 15% resistance to knockdown

So you still have more of a resistance to knockdown than me. I just made those numbers up, I don't remember how much constitution I have. And the math probably doesn't work exactly that way, but probably similar.

ANYWAYS.......
back on topic. The knights strength percentage definitely shouldn't be lowered in my opinion. I think they are fine the way they are. If they don't have Army of One activated, then they really aren't that hard to kill. Lowering their damage is just going to make everyone not want to choose a knight.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
bigjim
Baron

bigjim will become famous soon enough

I do agree, because today I killed a knight and did not even run. I just let him hit me because I knew that he could not kill me. If they loose 25% strength/damage bonus will be too much.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
G40st
Master

G40st is on a distinguished road

I agree, i tried my sisters knight a couple a days ago and man, knights suck right now.

They can't kill anything and they can't defend themselfs like in beta now that army of one is removable. Whats happening NGD, are knights all of a sudden getting changed into paladins because they are going to be like conjurers?

My MMORPG Is put on a hold for a unknown period of time
G40st no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

Yea -25% is way to much. I have never seen a knight who's overpowered.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
Vroek
Banned

Vroek is on a distinguished road

1) this will benefit knights more than others 3+ knock down spells and more constitution and passive knockdown resist
There used to be at time when knights used shield disipline now it might be worth to pick up again

2)I dont think this is called for at all, but anyway my suggestion would be to reduce knights strenght only when AoO is activated.

3) seem like real life saver when you have to retreat, nothing wrong with that spell.
Vroek no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
ChadMC
Initiate

ChadMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroek
2)I dont think this is called for at all, but anyway my suggestion would be to reduce knights strenght only when AoO is activated.
That sounds like a good alternative, rather than what they have planned now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroek
3) seem like real life saver when you have to retreat, nothing wrong with that spell.
That definitely does sound like a very sure way to escape.

And about the cooldown/activateable spells..
I wish they would change it so, if an activateable spell is cooling down, you can deactivate it. I think it is supposed to be like that, but it's not.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road
NGD PLEASE!!!!!

DO NOT MAKE KNIGHT CLASS WEAKER!!!

They are perfect now... I personally think knights need 500 more life power!!!

And I am a Warlock

Knights have to run in close to kill.... they need armor + life + damage!

Please NGD I am begging you "DO NOT WEAKEN THE KNIGHTS"
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
niclam
Legend

niclam will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone,

Here are a couple of thoughts.

- First, we understand your frustration, im not explaining all over again while sometimes we make some decisions but we always do take into account the overall picture, not just one class. Im not saying that this justifies the current changes.

- Second, the way this frustration is being communicated is not the right one. Words like "I demand", "Fix pathetic bugs instead" or "Dont ruin my character" leaves us no choice but to focus on more constructive criticism. I can't stretch this argument enough.

Now, some hope:
- The 25% is NOT as bad as you may think. I really cannot defend why this has been done as Im not onto the balance area but we do trust the one responsible for that, and we do strive to bring overall balance. Please don't discuss this with me but do so in the Balance area with as much as detail as possible, trying to be objective. This means, real data compared to other classes (The tests made by you Night Twix, on the live and exp servers are a move in the right direction, I hope others can follow your example).
- We are in the process of implementing the remaning shields (with graphics) for levels 41-50. This means, increased protection.
- Our intention is that "Protector" spell, whatever the current numbers, will be a must for Knights.

But above all:
If (a BIG IF) the knight would end up being gimped as you exposed, then we will reassess the situation and make the needed changes.

I hope this has cleared out our position on the matter.

My sincere Regards