This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Punti_X
Initiate

Punti_X is on a distinguished road
Default Conjurer issue - MORE INSTANT SPELLS!!!

So let's wrap this up:

Conjurer did not get better. It is not that we don't have good spells. It is not that we need to supply more mana to others, cos we don't. It is not that we lost freebie level one spells. It is not that we are not covered by mighty knight auras, in fact our job is made much easier now - thanks to knight improvement. It is not that Heal Ally is changed, I can live even without it.

All this is pointing that conjurer is better than before, and on paper, it looks so good.

But it is not.

IT is cast times that is killing conjurer fun. In my case, with Arcane Devotion on 5, and with cast speed items of +21 cast speed, I am soo slow and slugish.

Ieti stressed this issue right - adjusting cooldown times is the key, not long cast times.

What is the use of all this good healing spells, even when battles last much much longer, when you cannot provide health to endangered player, because of 1-2-3 seconds that are needed to deliver it, and he is down in 1-2?

Dying is fast these days, and if I anticipate attack on player, I cannot Life Savior him because IT JUST TAKES TOO LONG!

NGD, please, consider this. GIVE US MORE INSTANTS! Now, with all CS bonuses I can have, I feel like DRUNK TURTLE comparing to my knight with no cast speed bonuses nor items.

INSTANT! INSTANT! INSTANT!

Gracias!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Dannboy
Initiate

Location: With DB on the top of Mount Doom were Sauron lives.
Dannboy is on a distinguished road

I have never played a high level conjurer in Regnum, but I have in many other MMOs and FPS' with medic based classes, and I must say that I agree.
A medic should have the ability to heal on the spot without delay.
Position is for the medic and the target to decide, plan and deliver. Which is the skill part of it.
There is some skill behind timing spells, but you barely know the target of the enemies anymore. Even if you know the priority you cannot see forward in time.
Therefore with conjus having instant healing spells (And more of them for that matter) the gameplay would be more fluent.
Also, I would suggest to make regenerate ally stronger, with a much shorter duration and cooldown, but for it to be stackable on one(1) person up to 3.
Would bring more team gameplay into it.

I hope this made at least some sense, my mind seems to be somewhere else.
Dannboy no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
doppelapfel
Baron

doppelapfel is on a distinguished road

NGD said that they wont give ranged classes any instant spells on targets anymore (but ive forgotten why lol). Lower casttimes would be nice, 0,5 for heal, 1 for life savior/mass heals fe.
doppelapfel no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

the only spells for conjurers that i think should have a long cast time is resurrect or mass resurrect. other than that they should be relatively fast (.5 to 1 second cast time) 5 sec cast time on greater regenerate is STUPID. by the time you cast it, everyone you tried to heal is already gone.
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

I've got no problem with casting times. Just life saviour is way over the top.
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

I think I would prefer heal ally to have no cd, but have a 2-3 sec cs. This way you can essentially spam it all you want due to no cd, but you are limited to the cast time, and if you spam it too much youll run out of mana. Id give regen ally an instant cast, but with a 5-10 sec cd, as it doesnt stack, but maybe give it a higher mana cost. I think it would improve how conjus play, it wouldnt necessarily over power them, it would just promote smart gameplay knowing when to spam your mana and when to conserve it.

Last edited by Need_More_Invasions; 09-24-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
Llayne
Initiate

Llayne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_More_Invasions View Post
I think heal ally should have no cd, but have a 2-3 sec cs. This way you can essentially spam it all you want due to no cd, but you are limited to the cast time, and if you spam it too much youll run out of mana. Id give regen ally an instant cast, but with a 5-10 sec cd, as it doesnt stack, but maybe give it a higher mana cost.
Oh boohooo.
Here's a tissue. Learn to adapt and stop crying.
Llayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Oh boohooo.
Here's a tissue. Learn to adapt and stop crying.
Im fine with how things are, Id just prefer if I could have it this way.

And I believe I spelt the "boohooo" properly
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Boohoo
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Life Saviour and the area heals should have a shorter cast time and in exchange, a longer GCD. Heal Ally and Regenerate Ally ideally should be instants, but NGD did say they will no longer give ranged classes instant spells.

I still prefer to see Heal Ally to have double the effect (24%hp), double the CD (10s) and double the cost of the current version. This will make the spell more effective as a healing spell, and yet stress the importance of timing and target selection. 5s CD makes the spell too much of a spammable spell, and requires very little thought to use. It dumbs down the class IMO.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

I think things are fine the way they are.

Devotion makes things a lot faster and i personally think a Conj should have to rely on Devotion