This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
trulyem
Master

trulyem is on a distinguished road

Well I guess being a Forum Moderator for 8 hours a week is just as tough work LOL!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
... Besides, add to this that I'm scaling up and I'm progressively taking more tasks for the company ^^

Regards! and thanks again! \o/
Cool. And I sorta see the process of how this works. Everywhere when a new guy joins a company, he's label'd the FNG (F***ing New Guy). Usually they get stuck doing the least glamorous things like cleaning toilets and taking out the trash.

But as they slowly work hard, they prove themselves and work their way up to more responsibilities.

Fast Forward. One day Frosk will probably be a Dev and some new guy/girl will be here as Community Manager, putting up with all of us .

But yes, my father always told me there is a difference between a Hand Up and a Hand Out. If we get this sense of entitlement we'll no longer have any sense of pride for accomplishing something ourselves.

For example: I'm a veteran, and could easily get free food from a nearby Veteran's Pantry (food depot), but I don't, because I don't need it. To be taking something for free simply because I can, and not when I really need it, would dilute the effectiveness of this charity for those who do need it...because one day I might be in their shoes and I wouldn't want some free-loader doing the same.

Be grateful for any gestures of good will from anyone, but unless it's made as some official announcement within a schedule to be expected...don't expect it. Seems logical.
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
Tania_The_Witch
Pledge

Tania_The_Witch is an unknown quantity at this point

YOU are rockstar frosky!!,no matter how much others(myself included) diss you for this and that,we ALL have respect for you and the work you do here.

Your job isnt easy and you raise a good point about it being "expected"...yes we did expect it.but that is your fault partly for being so regular and routine frosky.

Im not here to kiss your butt Frosky(heck i dun even know if you wipe it properly..jk)but i will say this,the game is alot better place with you in it doing what you do.

and i for one am glad we have you here!

now on an unrelated topic,sure to raise eyebrows and flame this thread.

a raven player,an ex senior player very high up in rp rankings comes to horus and says after a few minutes chatting.wanna hear something funny so i say sure.He says an NGD GC(what ever that is or maybe a typo) told one of game samba's staff,your only motive for this game,is to hook new players just long enough for them to pay money then leave.that you dont care about the cheating or abusive behaviour that happens.and he states the game samba staff told him this.

i find this hard to believe,i dont want to believe it either grrrrrr

id like an official statement NGD so i can direct others to it when they ask me.they surely will too

feel free to close this thread as im sure many low lifers will flame it soon.but please make a reply before you close it,so that i can make a link on clan website to prove to others this is false statement.
Tania_The_Witch no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
Tania_The_Witch
Pledge

btw,since when is 30 considered to be a veteran

have you been telling porkies kyro,or was that an oversight lolz

geesh if you a veteran at 30,ive got 9 years left until i retire!! yayz!!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania_The_Witch View Post
YOU are rockstar frosky!!,no matter how much others(myself included) diss you for this and that,we ALL have respect for you and the work you do here.

Quote:
Your job isnt easy and you raise a good point about it being "expected"...yes we did expect it.but that is your fault partly for being so regular and routine frosky.

Im not here to kiss your butt Frosky(heck i dun even know if you wipe it properly..jk)but i will say this,the game is alot better place with you in it doing what you do.

and i for one am glad we have you here!
That's cute and stuff. Thumbs up for staying on topic.

Quote:
now on an unrelated topic
Oh shit.

Quote:
,sure to raise eyebrows and flame this thread.
Exactly, we're all just trolls here, no opinions nor feedback on these forums.

Quote:
a raven player,an ex senior player very high up in rp rankings comes to horus and says after a few minutes chatting.wanna hear something funny so i say sure.He says an NGD GC(what ever that is or maybe a typo) told one of game samba's staff,your only motive for this game,is to hook new players just long enough for them to pay money then leave.that you dont care about the cheating or abusive behaviour that happens.and he states the game samba staff told him this.

i find this hard to believe,i dont want to believe it either grrrrrr

id like an official statement NGD so i can direct others to it when they ask me.they surely will too
I'll quote The Frosk himself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
It's kinda strange the way that people actually believes "some rumour" from "some guy" without any official source at all.

Please don't believe anything that DOES NOT come from an official announcement by a member of NGD Studios (Surak, Ponter, Chilko, me, etc) to avoid a massive confusion in the whole community.

Regards.
You're welcome.

Quote:
feel free to close this thread as im sure many low lifers will flame it soon.
Thank you very much, you surely would have nothing to do with that, miss high life.

Quote:
but please make a reply before you close it,so that i can make a link on clan website to prove to others this is false statement.
Anything for Tania.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
Tania_The_Witch
Pledge

DaaR you are funny lolz
Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
Tania_The_Witch
Pledge

btw daar,its actually a big deal to me.its why i posted it.

TAG get a few new members who ask us,should we buy xim or ask us many questions regarding this game.in a clear conscience i want to be able to respond to them.in TAG's 15 months history,we have had over 500 new members come and go.some have stayed,most have left the game totally.

i do not want to have it on my conscience that i advised them to spend thier limited income here,if rumours should prove to be true.i might come from a wealthy back ground,but i know the value of money and how to respect it.i also know not everyone else has money to waste.NGD know this too,thats why they limit the amount of times we can buy xim per month.its called being responsible.im trying to be as well,that rumour really rocked me as it was from such a respected player of old(who shall remain nameless).
Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

People missinterpret jokes and sarcastic remarks all the time. No smart employees would tell community volunteers about their filthy strategy to get money. Besides, they really push XP bonuses a lot on Raven while boosters are supposedly the most bought premium items in the game. They're not following their scheme, if we look at this way.

And even if it's true what you heard, doesn't it look kind of obvious? Premium-only horses, XP boosts, etc. It's a person's decision if they want to buy them but there's obviously an incentive to do so. If somebody asks if they should buy Xim or not just let them decide by themselves if it's worth having a permanent horse all times, leveling much faster, getting the best gear, etc.

P.S. There's a PM system to clarify these kind of things.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Just another one yet to learn fact from fiction.

I seem to have misplaced my lighter..
Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Off topic: You spend money to have an enhanced experience. That may mean getting levels quicker to get or the end game faster, move about more quickly or have enhanced equipment.

NGD makes money by selling these value added items. If you came here, spent money and were entertained, consider it money well spent.

Besides, if a person has no money to waste, do you really think they should be spending money on any online games at all? Just a little perspective for you. The idea that someone blows on games suggest that they have spare money . If they can't pay their rent and choose to pay for games then they are just idiots. In the end, whether you advise them or not, it is their choice. It's on them. Present the facts and leave it at that.

On Topic: Good job Frosk. Keep it up. This community isn't always the easiest to deal with.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote