This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Good or bad?
Good 26 45.61%
Bad 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road
Default Warmaster teleports, good or bad?

Please give details, I'll post another poll to try and cover them.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

For me they are more bad than good.

With WM teleports people become more lazy and waiting someone to tele them. We lost the awesome bridge and open fights. Getting fort became a nightmare if attackers are even or less then defenders, because of constant teleports.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
HuntShot
Banned

HuntShot has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well they're a nice idea, but they have to be adjusted...
Things like no teleporting IN the fort.

Though I always walk, I mean they have removed open field battles totally which was one of my favorite fights or bridge fights like ieti said too bad we won't see as much of them anymore as we used to do.
HuntShot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Another tl;dr post but I have to extend to get the point across. Sorry.

Teleports by themselves are not the problem. The whole Warmaster tree implementation is.
The issue is that they are so damn common. Every warmaster has the teleports . Why? Why shorten the expansion this way?

Why deliver 5 super spells so easily and quickly and in one shot?
Very poor implementation.

NGD should have considered doing it in one of these ways:

1: Buy warmaster spell scrolls with coins. You can only buy these once you have attained level 60. Forget the armour requirement. Obviously this could be easily balanced by changing the WM coin prices or modulating the prices according to the state of population of any particular realm.

2: Deal out each WM spell one at a time. You become level 60 and attain the armour, you then get to pick one spell. After this you must continue to perform feats over time to accumulate enough points to get another. This has a curve similar to the XP one. The more warmaster spells you attain the more expensive the next one. This stretches the expansion out a couple years. Balance is easier to maintain. Players have to choose their spells very carefully if they want their team to win.

3. Each class has access to only 3 warmaster spells.
In this way the glut of spells is not there unless you have a glut of 1 class. All classes are needed if war is to be successful.

Example: All classes have defensive port as their 3rd spell

Conjurer : Horn, Anti CC beacon
Lock : Horn, Anti CC beacon
Marks : HP beacon, Offensive port
Hunter : HP beacon , Offensive port
Knight : Anti CC beacon,Horn
Barb : HP beacon , Offensive port.

Each class can utilise their own Spells/Beacon.

The offensive ports should have gone somewhere else other than just the forts. I suggested bridges and a post about making them capturable. I won't bore you with those details again.

Finally, the game was balanced before this update and NGD mad a big hoopla about fixed conceptual errors, cutting freebie power points and bla, bla ,bla. Yet they break their own balance by flooding the game with 20 more power points . WHY?
Why not use them to power the same warmaster spells or to activate the tree? At least you will have to use your previous lvl 50 build plus warmaster skills. This would bring some balance back regarding the rest of skills. Optionally you can get the 20 points but not be warmaster.
I still cannot fathom that decision they made there.

As usual I did not vote.

Regards
Artec.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
Conjurer : Horn, Anti CC beacon
Lock : Horn, Anti CC beacon
Marks : HP beacon, Offensive port
Hunter : HP beacon , Offensive port
Knight : Anti CC beacon,Horn
Barb : HP beacon , Offensive port.
Delete any kind of resist at CC from your suggestion....Scias made a better sugestion.....
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

It was just a crude example to get my point across that 5 available spells on one tree is bad. Scias did make a valuable presentation. I agree with that. Additionally, I was only using what NGD already had and probably will not part with.

Last edited by bois; 05-30-2011 at 01:00 PM.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Teleports are good in theory, just the implementation sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
The issue is that they are so damn common. Every warmaster has the teleports . Why? Why shorten the expansion this way?
That's it. However your suggestion leads to the same problems, just a bit later. It's very hard to balance spells that are incredibly rare now and common then. Something like warmaster spells needs to be temporary.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

I do not like ideas to nerf the amount of spells available, and I'm going to get a little ranty about it.

It takes a huge, consistent effort to even get to level 60 (11 million XP), let alone to get 120k WM coins for the armor (60 days straight of heavy play, if you weren't Ignis in the last four months), and then you would only get one or two spells? You have to be joking. After all of that work, spending months on end just trying to reach a single goal, you want to stretch it out even further... that's rediculous. Some of us barely made it that far to begin with.

Please consider other suggestions in the future, just because there are alot of warmasters it is foolish to believe that everyone can get it, and if you make it too unworthwhile no one will even bother to get it, just like all the other nerfed things in the game. I fully believe that WM skills are OP and need heavy work, however these kinds of solutions will not work. It will just further separate the casual players from the hardcore ones. I did some statistically counting, and found that only one out of four players even attempts to get to level 60, while one out of five manages it. Out of these, one out of ten manages to become a Warmaster, at least in Alsius. That's a success ratio of only 10%, leaving 90% of the population struggling not only just to reach level 60, but also to have WM powers, and to try and find ways to compete with them before they do.

The knife cuts both ways.. that's why more robust solutions need to be found, that aren't created just to deal with one problem out of many.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Warmaster teleports are good!

I know some of you miss old fashion bridge fights, but warmasters allows us to have continual fort battles. Warmaster teleports allow us to travel as a group to a specific spot without worrying about someone falling behind and getting killed.

If you want a bridge fight you can still have one. When your gems get taken from your realm, the best thing to do is to gather on a bridge to block the enemy.

The teleports should be allowed to be used in forts (just like any other skill).
That's the beauty of being a warmaster! You can use your new skills to make war for your realm more unique.

We do not need and should not have any "NERFs" to teleports.
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #10
Yogi
Apprentice

Yogi is an unknown quantity at this point

WM tp is good but should be limited to less people per players who casted it. 10 is already a bit too much. 5 is already awsome.

Or rework WM and put only one available per player then it will be necessary that all players to do more organization.

I really find it's too OP to have multik WM skill by only one player and it turns very often the fights ridiculous.

Example : Barb hidden in structures rush under wm speed + spring. If he fails after the classical brainless inc Kick/Feint/Etc, the cooldown is almost up to use wm speed again to run away.

There can be the same situation with any class anyway. Barb was just an example.

Only one wm skill per player will bring more strategy, more organization and much more challenge. If they are able to do everything alone (speed, tp, banner), it brings random imba fights at all.

Tags
teleport, warmaster