This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 09-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road
Default Lock Training - How to lock

I have been getting daily questions to teach how to lock, especially you Carbona, so I leave the details here so you can know.

Understand the lock:
Open the door and inspect each doorknob. Look at the edge of the door that fits into the door-frame: you should see a retractable metal bolt between the two knobs. Look at the door-frame: you should see a hole that fits the bolt.

- Turn the knob and watch as the bolt retracts. When you close the door, this bolt will fit neatly into the door-frame. When you turn the knob to open the door, the bolt retracts into the door, allowing it to open. If the door is unlocked, this is easy.
- When you lock the door, you are really locking the doorknob so that it cannot turn. If you cannot turn the doorknob, you cannot retract the bolt into the door--and if you cannot retract the bolt from the door-frame, then the door cannot open.

Locate the keyhole on the doorknob:
If your doorknob is outfitted with a lock, you should see a jagged slit on the outward-facing knob of the door and a round locking button on the inside knob.

- The jagged slit is the keyhole. If you have a key for this door, it should fit perfectly into the keyhole.
- The inside lock button will usually appear in two forms: a twist-lock or a push-lock. Both buttons are typically made from the same metallic material as the doorknob. The twist-lock button is often circular, with a pointed ridge down the center. The push-lock button will appear as a small cylinder
- If the doorknob does not have a keyhole or a lock button, then you will either need to replace the doorknob with a lockable counterpart or find another way to keep your space secure.

Make sure that your key fits:
Slide the key into the keyhole of the outer doorknob. If the key will not fit, flip it 180 degrees and try again.

-The key may have one jagged edge and one smooth edge, or it may have two jagged edges. These jagged ridges along the length of the key are what match it to this particular lock; the more jagged the key, the more complex the security.

Lock the door from the outside:
Close the door while you are standing outside. Slide the key into the keyhole and turn it clockwise as far as it will go.

- If you turn the key far enough, the door should lock. To remove the key, turn it counter-clockwise back to the position at which you slid it in--but no further! Pull the key out of the keyhole.
- Try to turn the doorknob and push the door open. If the knob turns and the door opens, then you didn't lock the door. If the knob rattles, but does not turn, then you have locked the door.
- To unlock the door from the outside, simply slide the key into the keyhole and turn it counter-clockwise as far as it will go. You should feel the doorknob release; it should turn, now. Turn the key back to the position at which you slid it in, and pull the key out of the keyhole.

More details and techniques from the source.

Here is a nice video demonstration of a procedure.
https://youtu.be/GDgHfxKtsbk?t=34

I tried my best, hope this helps. Good luck with locking.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

make this guide sticky please
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

This is complete bull. It only focuses on a 1vs1 scenario. This is a rvr game.

Plus Elva can do it better.

Noob.
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Multiez can lock from both sides... this is utterly unfair and breaks the realm balance!
Old 09-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

hahahahahaha too funny
Old 09-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pirate View Post
This is complete bull. It only focuses on a 1vs1 scenario. This is a rvr game.

Plus Elva can do it better.

Noob.
puf...., i was not even going to post in this bs thread but my new "fan" decided to include me in the talk. -_-"