This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 02-09-2009, 03:26 AM   #11
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp003
Not necessarily. I remember being in group with a warrior (i was a warlock), and after about an hour we disbanded that group and continued grinding alone, because we both got better xp that way. And this isn't the only case when that happened.
I beg to differ. I have a warlock and leveling in a group is a lot faster than leveling alone. In a week of playing on and off (my warlock is not my main character) I'm almost level 30. I have been leveling mostly with a friend's barb. Each mob died in 1 hit/spell, challenging mobs died in 1 spell from each of us and 1 normal. Think of how fast we got through mobs this way.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
S_N_I_P_E_R
Initiate

S_N_I_P_E_R is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a tip as you are a lock, you dont need mana control to level in groups, there fore you can use the points elsewhere. If you struggle to do enough dmg then why not use those points in staff mastery to increase your base staff hits.

(Is still laughing at the marks who said a sm mage was overpowered)
S_N_I_P_E_R no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #13
tmp003
Pledge

tmp003 is on a distinguished road

In 5+ parties it may be different, also the group xp is probably higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanieA
Here's a tip as you are a lock, you dont need mana control to level in groups, there fore you can use the points elsewhere. If you struggle to do enough dmg then why not use those points in staff mastery to increase your base staff hits.
Thanks for the tips.
I assume by not needing mana control you mean using only staff, right? Otherwise i would still use significant amount of mana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30ernest
I have been leveling mostly with a friend's barb. Each mob died in 1 hit/spell, challenging mobs died in 1 spell from each of us and 1 normal. Think of how fast we got through mobs this way.
How did you manage mana? This seems to be the biggest problem, and being in a group will not help with this (unlike for nonmage classes, where low HP is the main cause of downtime).

Last edited by gamemod; 02-09-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: double posting
tmp003 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:28 AM   #14
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

I just cycle with energy borrow and ambitious sacrifice. Besides, most mobs die in 1 spell/hit each. It's actually easier to manage mana in a group since you consume less per kill.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
Pendalf
Initiate

Pendalf is an unknown quantity at this point

May be the key feauture is a staff mastery discipline, where mage can increase staff damage and also use MC, which is the power every mage must have (imho). This is not my only opinion, many syrtis warlocks think the same.

Sorry guys, it seems like offtopic started. To keep the line, i want to say that current progress curve seems normal for personally me and i do not suggest any changes there. I.e., in Alsius it is possible to level your char from 1 to 20 lvl questing only, during just two days. Since that moment player have to get working-in-party skills neccessary in wz, so he|she can continue leveling with grinding in party. After 30th level it is possible to walk in wz and win your first scalps. I found this scheme pretty balanced.
Pendalf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
tmp003
Pledge

That is how it should be in a PvP/RvR focused game.

But my experiences were very different when i played this game a year back. It took me about 2 weeks to gain level 20 in Ignis doing quests, but that wasn't that bad. The game was still new enough to be interesting.

The problems started after that, the xp needed to level was too high, and quests were too few and the experience for completing them was very low - ususally only very slightly above what i would get by spendig that time grinding alone.
And i said enough about grinding in the first post. In all that time i remember only once to be in a group of more than 5 players.

Myabe its better now, but i still can't imagine gaining level 20 in 2 days. Did something significant change from then?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #17
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i left this game about a year back after about month of playing, because i was simply too frustrated and bored to continue. I mean seriousy, do you expect me to spend moths grinding
Oh please .................

Quote:
Really, having to kill 200-300 monsters (after completing all quests for this level) to just gain one level
200 - 300 mobs? this aint mario brothers (i made lvl 49-50 in 1 day on the system you moan about NOT in a party

i cant be bothered to pick apart all your whines, you may now go play with your blocks

EDIT:

Quote:
Myabe its better now, but i still can't imagine gaining level 20 in 2 days. Did something significant change from then?

Yea! people learnt how to play
Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #18
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That is how it should be in a PvP/RvR focused game.

But my experiences were very different when i played this game a year back. It took me about 2 weeks to gain level 20 in Ignis doing quests, but that wasn't that bad. The game was still new enough to be interesting.

The problems started after that, the xp needed to level was too high, and quests were too few and the experience for completing them was very low - ususally only very slightly above what i would get by spendig that time grinding alone.
And i said enough about grinding in the first post. In all that time i remember only once to be in a group of more than 5 players.

You should be able to get level 20 in 2 days. If you aren't then I can't do anything for you.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
tmp003
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkster
Oh please .................

200 - 300 mobs? this aint mario brothers (i made lvl 49-50 in 1 day on the system you moan about NOT in a party
I am not exactly sure how you meant this. I am NOT interested how long it takes to go from lvl 49 - 50. If you meant that gaining one level around level 30 already takes less that 200 mobs, you are wrong. I checked it, and to get from level 29 to lvl 30 you need approximately 60000 XP. Normal difficulty mob gives you ~140XP. That means that to level up with just grinding you need to kill 428 normal mobs. Off course, doing quests will decrease this amount, but i doubt it will be below 200 (at least a year back it certainly wasn't).

So, what was your point?

Also, take into account that i am not talking about veterans starting new char, which have a lot of friends on the server and can get a conjurer to powerlevel them, and already know the best combinations of skills to use.
I am talking about new players.

One interesting question would be, how long did it take you to level your first char from 20 to 40? How many hours on average did you play, and what class/in which realm was it?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #20
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

49 - 50 is around 600k xp my point is you have no patience to grind, also i am talking about my first ever char. Side nite if you were the Mr A. Nonny mouse red karma dealer...Pfffft!