This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
leafdale
Apprentice

leafdale is on a distinguished road
Default Is it just me or is the present patch the most enormous download so far?

Ok so my game is patching this morning.
Looks like NGD is implementing the latest patch which puts guards by the flags, preventing solo hunters from capping the flag (i dont approve of this).

But what gets me... this patch is taking forever to download, even though the download speed is quite large. I'm going on 6+ hours of download patching (i have my client set to download everything before starting), which seems to be far longer than previous patches. Most patches I leave overnight.

Also weirdly -- the game patched, and started to the character appearing at the central shrine point, then it auto-exited and started patching again? is this working as intended?
leafdale no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
RichardCromwell
Pledge

RichardCromwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafdale
[...]
I am ingame on Haven. My game has not patched anything, and I hear there have not yet been any changes to the game.

Is your problem fixed, yet?
If not, there is an issue I often get that has me download things without any patches having happened. Those are ingame-downloads, shown on the top left, but also in the course of the loading screens.
I doubt there were actually any new files downloading at those times, but think it is rather the game assuming there were such, because the game is downloading a lot of playing-data.

This might be a stupid guess, but you may well be suffering the same issue. If you are, do not worry about it too much. It does not usually disturb me for too long.

Should your problem not yet be fixed, give us more information on what is happening now, when you start the game, as well as your system specs.

Oh, and next time you have technical problems, you might want to consult people *here*.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
leafdale
Apprentice

leafdale is on a distinguished road

hm ya i think ur right... it looks like there has been no changes in the game so there was no patch....

what triggered it looks like my ticking of the box in the options in the launcher to load all game resources before starting. imaybe it thought it needed to do an entire re-download and fresh install =.= sheesh. It took about 10 hours. ( i normally have it ticked, i dont know how it was turned off ).

yea-- i would have posted it in tech problems but i thought we were going to dicuss the new patch here as well.
leafdale no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote