This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #31
errei
Banned

errei is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
I see this update as introducion of tons of new bugs.
please, enhance me
errei no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #32
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Despite the ongoing 'disdainfest', Krungle does seem to make a valid enough point in his own way: the population does irregularly shift depending on realm, exact time-of-day, particular day-of-week & current ingame situational circumstances as well. There is therefore no possible reliably appropriate way at all to schedule or announce a 'relic-unavailability-time' ahead of time. Do we have to cap a fort, wait 30 min only to find out we're in a bad time slot atm?

This new add-on + the new gate-must-be-capped rule are just 2 more vault-hurdles-&-hoops invaders must somehow leap over or thru to pull off an invasion. Idk, it might actually work well on overcrowded flagship RA, but depending on exactly how each is implimented, either/both can potentially severely curtail or even kill war & invasions on Haven I predict.

Even before this update, we already only have successful invasions if one realm is zergy & the others are low-pop., so both these changes will make it just that much harder. Thus, invasions may become far less likely to ever occur & if they do occur, far less likely to actually succeed. 1st relics, now this. Does NGD want invasions to succeed only once every other blue moon on Haven, Nemon & Valhalla? If so, why?!...

Last edited by Lebeau; 10-26-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #33
Krungle
Master

Krungle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimNightfall View Post
All of Krungle posts include something along the lines of " Alsius is the best even when we are outnumbered" or "Syrtis and Ignis always need to form alliances" or " NGD hates Alsius. "
I don't think errei is being a drama queen, Krungle just needs to stop posting.
Grim, when I first joined CoR it was the when Syrtis was just ending the reign of being the dominant realm. Coincidence? Truthfully, most likely, but that aside, the next dominate realm on Haven will be Ignis. I see that eventually Alsius will be in the same spot it was before I joined but with Ignis instead of Syrtis, forcing an alliance with Syrtis vs. Ignis. Power fluctuates in this game, as intended, as do the alliances, as intended. What is bad for Alsius today is bad for Ignis tomorrow and bad for Syrtis in a figurative next week. Your problem, Grim, is you bite too hard on my Troll Pies all the while refusing to look into the future.

bois, that strat goes two ways, and even further but I refuse to discuss strats in the forum, for what should be obvious reasons, the same reasons Republicans didn't invite the Chinese to tour our Aegis Cruisers (history is so much fun). And, yes bois, I am glad I was not around in the newbie zone when a negative exp wish was active.

I think Raindance and several others mistook my 'which realm' comment. Go reread what I wrote. The problem with Haven is at nearly anytime one wants to look at the population numbers, at least one realm is low population and another realm is not. This is not always predictable, either (except for when a dragon is summoned and the noble dies). Haven has learned to work through these low population times with some awesome relic/gem chases in open field and bridge battles. This is really fun and should be in no way discouraged.

Basically my comments about the new locking mechanics boil down to the fact that what might be good for medium or high population servers could be disastrous for a low population server like Haven. Personally I enjoy the low population of the server for many reasons, but I do not want to see a dead server because game mechanics make the Fort Wars/Invasions next to impossible. This is something NGD has to think about and watch closely. For the sake of NGD's partnerships with Game Semba and Steam, Haven might need special treatment because of these changes or risk losing the revenue that GS and Steam bring in every month.

To Slarti and esptupak, we all knew this update was about opening the Dragon Caves. But yeah, now that is done, bug fixes and other long standing issues must be begun to be addressed. The warlock issues relating to scaling spells to int/staffs/level is really a topic for suggestions and are off topic here. All of which are worthy topics, just imho not a topic for this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlue4 View Post
it is already urgent to reduce the Portal Gem dragon wish to (about) once a week.
This is something that should have been addressed as NGD tweaked the wishes with this patch. The title of the wish is, after all, "There can be only one" not "There can be only a dozen."
Krungle no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #34
Sentrii
Pledge

Sentrii is on a distinguished road

I’ll try refrain from being a drama queen myself but being a “nightshift” player in an Aussie time zone has enough limitations due to low population as it is. Take TDM for example … I’ve seen 3 instances ever in my time zone and I assume killing dragons will be the same deal. If they lock down the relics for the same time period I can see even less of the normal time zone players wanting to stay up late or log in early as it will be seen as a pointless few hours of play. Not NGDS fault just a crappy time to be logged in I guess.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #35
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

So, in case you don´t know spanish... Ponter said "Relic holder will die in 15 minutes, but anyone around him will be able to take tha relic"... What else... Oh, "You will be able to get into the dungeon just once every 24 hrs, per character." Which mean that if you have 6 barbarians lvl 60 in a single account, you´ll be able to kill the Dragon 6 times... There was something else... Oh, he didn´t say it, I´m saying it ¬¬ Ngd already answered Spanish forum and here we are isolated from new info... (?)
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #36
Az.
Pledge

Az. is on a distinguished road

Yay!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #37
Raindance
Initiate

Raindance is on a distinguished road

We're isolated from info because idiots like Krungle post bullshit which leads to the thread being derailed, like always.
Raindance no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #38
Az.
Pledge

Az. is on a distinguished road

No more conspirarcy-mongering plz
Old 10-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #39
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

My deepest appologies if I sounded too negative with my postings yesterday, but now I'll try to explain why this update doesn't make me thrilling or happy at all. My reasons are biased to warlocks class since I play (majority of time) on it.

1. No class damage/armor rebalance done at all. We all know it's needed. Mages in general are too squishy, even with all best armors, WM armors, enhancements and all the bells and whistles. Barbs with insane damage, archers with insane damage for their range. Example: unnamed archer from unnamed realm hitting me the other day 1970 with lethal strike, from the other side of the map.

2. No spell rebalance done at all. There are tons of useless spells which had some purpose before lvl 60 cap. This means practically every warlock have similar setup.

3. No mages damage scaling with class attributes. Ok, staff damage scales, but who needs it? With insane legendary armors, damage done to knights is really funny.

4. Doubtful useness of class attributes. Intelligence? Spell focus? Concentration? No one ever officially explained this attributes and how it affects to the mage performance, there are only guessing and speculations.

5. Resist rates. If resist rates lowers with above attributes, why me, with 118 int, 80+ concentration and spell focus rings get resisted few times in a row from low players (like very easy)? Randomness? This needs to be removed!

6. Hundreds of reported and documented bugs in forum, none fixed. Two nasty bugs especially affects warlocks: inability to cast (reported here), and loss of mana after unsuccessful casting.

7. Absence of useful boss jewlery for mages in Alsius. Nothing much to explain here.

8. Absence of good mage gear. The other day I went to Amun and bought like 30 platinum boxes to check what's in there for warlocks, especially staves. Out of 30 boxes, I got like 2-3 legendary items, one more crappier than other. I don't what I expected, but tons of crap certanly not. Now, am I encouraged to buy premium boxes? Of course not.

9. Absence of useful items in WM shop. I have 300k+ warmaster coins and I don't know how to spend it. Buy WM horse? No, it's just fancy mount with no additional benefits. Buy WM staff? Good joke, one of must unusable items in the game, not even possible to fuse it with any other "normal" staff, just for appearance!

10. Warlock magnanite staff? Another good joke. Same as WM staff, absolutely unusable.

11. Doubtful warlock useness in new dragon instances.

And I can go on and on...

tl;dr... Nothing exciting in new update. No bugs fixed. No classes rebalanced. No new warlock items. This is very disappointning, and I guess most of warlocks would agree with me on all points above.

Best regards.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
Dupa_z_Zasady
Banned

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
[*]Modified: The Realm Gems can only be stolen from their pedestal/portal if the realm gates are captured by the enemy.
I consider this a workaround. IMO it should be manadatory to capture gates to ENTER foregin realm. Still I find it very positive change.
Dupa_z_Zasady no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread