Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
erzsi
Pledge
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 16
erzsi is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple accounts?

I saw, in the Knowledge Base, a question about having more than one account.

Here: https://www.championsofregnum.com/su...-email-address

The answer to that question says the Terms of Use say only one account per user.

I read the terms of use, at https://www.championsofregnum.com/index.php?l=1&sec=8 (click on terms of use, it will pop up), and I do not see anywhere in there where it says only one account is allowed per user. Mind you, I'm not a lawyer, and the legalese may have skipped over my head...

I'm not considering multiple accounts, but I am wondering where that particular term of service is.

I hope this is the right forum in which to ask this question...

Erzsi
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:07 AM   #2
Lebeau
Master
 
Lebeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Posts: 589
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Default

As I understand it (Ms Leily, correct me if I'm wrong here), once upon a time, NGD did frown on having multiple accounts per user, & on multi-realming in general. Then, after multiple servers were merged, & many folk had multiple accounts without intending to do so, this 'restriction' was lifted. That said, it is still a bannable offense to be online on more than one realm at a time (aka multi-logging), but I don't really know if this policy is heavily enforced (as I never do it).
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Aver
Pledge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Aver is on a distinguished road
Default

As far as I know, you can have as many accounts as you wish as long as they have different e-mails, and also as long as they are all in the same realm. There are cases, however, in which one e-mail in shared due to one account created back in Game Samba, and another one in RO webpage, so when they merged, both accounts happened to have the same e-mail.
Let's wait for an official answer.
Aver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
rinky
Initiate
 
rinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 110
rinky is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
As far as I know, you can have as many accounts as you wish as long as they have different e-mails, and also as long as they are all in the same realm. There are cases, however, in which one e-mail in shared due to one account created back in Game Samba, and another one in RO webpage, so when they merged, both accounts happened to have the same e-mail.
Let's wait for an official answer.
Heh. The answer at Knowledge Base post was given by a "Community Manager" on May 31, 2018. I don't suppose that's Leily?

Like the OP, I'd like to know the answer. Where is that term of service in the terms of service? I know it used to be there.
__________________
Syrtis, RA: Marila, Mariala, Marily, Mariliju, Marilise
rinky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #5
Mashu
Master
 
Mashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 537
Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

People abuse this for multi-logging for dragon wishes really frequently, which just means that unfortunately NGD can't check this or do anything about this.
And I don't think NGD wants to discriminate players playing from the same IP.
The only way to detect this would be some anomaly detection system, real-time monitoring actions from the same IP. Certain patterns could indicate multi-logging, like coming with multiple accounts to wish only and rarely playing them simultaneously, also sending movement strokes either to one of characters while other remains idle, there can be plenty of good features that can be useful to detect this. One could model this using multivariate Gaussian distribution. But I guess they have more urgent matters to solve at the moment.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #6
Lebeau
Master
 
Lebeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Posts: 589
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
People abuse this for multi-logging for dragon wishes really frequently, which just means that unfortunately NGD can't check this or do anything about this.
And I don't think NGD wants to discriminate players playing from the same IP.
The only way to detect this would be some anomaly detection system, real-time monitoring actions from the same IP. Certain patterns could indicate multi-logging, like coming with multiple accounts to wish only and rarely playing them simultaneously, also sending movement strokes either to one of characters while other remains idle, there can be plenty of good features that can be useful to detect this. One could model this using multivariate Gaussian distribution. But I guess they have more urgent matters to solve at the moment.
NGD has some detection capability & did put in place a 2-day no-game-rewards for realm-hoppers. That said, one can easily change their IP, & as long as players only use & verify one pc per realm, & own multiple pc's, then NGD cannot really know, & such players are free to multi-realm, multi-log, all without penalty. It is what it is, & there's nothing for it afaik...

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
Mashu
Master
 
Mashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 537
Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
NGD has some detection capability & did put in place a 2-day no-game-rewards for realm-hoppers. That said, one can easily change their IP, & as long as players only use & verify one pc per realm, & own multiple pc's, then NGD cannot really know, & such players are free to multi-realm, multi-log, all without penalty. It is what it is, & there's nothing for it afaik...
I don't think issue is that people change their IP, but issue arises when people multi-log from the same IP, to alter the wish voting outcome, or to get more wish rewards, or to get more chances on boss. Changing IP disconnects from game anyway.
So unless you pay for multiple IPs from your ISP, than it's easier to narrow down detection criteria.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
Lebeau
Master
 
Lebeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Posts: 589
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
I don't think issue is that people change their IP, but issue arises when people multi-log from the same IP, to alter the wish voting outcome, or to get more wish rewards, or to get more chances on boss. Changing IP disconnects from game anyway.
So unless you pay for multiple IPs from your ISP, than it's easier to narrow down detection criteria.
Way too many peeps will do whatever it takes to secretly multi-realm & multi-log, all in order to 'win'. I honestly do not know wtf NGD can ever really do about it, but going forward, I am glad they are at least trying to keep the very worst of this from occurring on Ra....

Last edited by Lebeau; 10-24-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NGD Studios 2002-2016 © All rights reserved