This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 04-29-2019, 10:51 PM   #1
Safia_Aurelya
Apprentice

Safia_Aurelya is on a distinguished road
Default Launcher don't start

Hey,
I have the problem that the launcher doesnt start.
i start it in the console and got this:

Quote:
./rolauncher: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can start the game under steam but iam not sure which version is it 32 bit or 64 bit ?

but if i start the game i have video errors showin in the video:

https://mega.nz/#!EDRyAIAS!k31SspeRo...5RrC_EGjMDVdQg

I use Linux Mint 64 bit and use the driver from Nvidia Homepage, i had install it because it run with the proprity driver with the same video errors.

sry for my bad english but in the german section i got no answers....

best regards
Safia_Aurelya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
_Lutz_
Pledge

_Lutz_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertpanther View Post
Hey,
I have the problem that the launcher doesnt start.
i start it in the console and got this:

I can start the game under steam but iam not sure which version is it 32 bit or 64 bit ?

but if i start the game i have video errors showin in the video:

https://mega.nz/#!EDRyAIAS!k31SspeRo...5RrC_EGjMDVdQg

I use Linux Mint 64 bit and use the driver from Nvidia Homepage, i had install it because it run with the proprity driver with the same video errors.

sry for my bad english but in the german section i got no answers....

best regards
install the libs libpng and libjpeg

linux mint is debian / ubuntu based right? you can follow this instructions

https://askubuntu.com/questions/9908...-17-10/1076477
_Lutz_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:11 AM   #3
Safia_Aurelya
Apprentice

Thank you it works, i have the same video error like on the steam version, but i know how to disable it, i have to deactivated in the ingame video options the "FXAA" option.

best regards
Old 05-06-2019, 06:58 AM   #4
Safia_Aurelya
Apprentice

Default Another Problem with the performance of the Client

Ok after some playing under Linux i have found some Problem i dont know how to handle it...
After log in allright. cpu 100% and ~ 70 fps
if i tab out the game and start some like a terminal window, just this terminal for example, and i switch back to fullscreen the cpu goes on ~ 70 % and the fps drops down on 30...
what i dont understand is that if i switch back to fullscreen window mode (alt + enter)
the cpu goes on 100% and fps go up on ~ 70fps.

I have try to change the priority of the game process on "very high" without any result.
The game runs after switch to window mode just in the window mode in goood performance.

Hope somebody can help me
Old 05-14-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
ZericOfGa
Pledge

ZericOfGa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertpanther View Post
Ok after some playing under Linux i have found some Problem i dont know how to handle it...
After log in allright. cpu 100% and ~ 70 fps
if i tab out the game and start some like a terminal window, just this terminal for example, and i switch back to fullscreen the cpu goes on ~ 70 % and the fps drops down on 30...
what i dont understand is that if i switch back to fullscreen window mode (alt + enter)
the cpu goes on 100% and fps go up on ~ 70fps.

I have try to change the priority of the game process on "very high" without any result.
The game runs after switch to window mode just in the window mode in goood performance.

Hope somebody can help me
Yeah this is normal...

First off, it isn't your "whole" CPU - more than likely, RO is single-threaded and utilizes only 1 or 2 of your processor cores (as do most games - if you program for a 3rd core when most pcs still have two you'll crash in an epic way...). This means that while it is using 100% of the cores RO can "see", the other cores are open for usage by other parts of the OS. If it truly used all 100%, you'd never be able to open a terminal window..

In regards to switching and using another app and losing FPS in RO, does your FPS come back when you click back into RO?

What window manager or desktop environment are you using? Does it use a compositor? If so, either run RO in windowed mode and disable the compositor or run it in fullscreen and don't worry about disabling the compositing engine.

The second you switch back to something which needs a 'handle' on the GLX driver, it will lag as you're now allocating GPU resources to both RO, AND the compositing engine + windows using it.

Hope that helps.
ZericOfGa no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote