This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #41
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53453467734534 View Post
Well, PT accused all people that cast powers under PB as bug abuser.
He said "You Should NOT hide on purpose Precise Block's animation," and bolded the "on purpose" part. Twice even. (and he's absolutely right)

Quote:
Denouncing people, that play the game in an intended way is nice?
Quote:
Do you now even imply, that playing the game in an intended way is hacking?
Bugging the animation of precise block on purpose (yes, in bold) is playing the game in an intended way? I apologize for my mistake earlier, you are clearly not trolling.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #42
Initiate

53453467734534 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He said "You Should NOT hide on purpose Precise Block's animation," and bolded the "on purpose" part. Twice even. (and he's absolutely right)
He said:Casting spells under Precise Block is surelly not intended either, which also hides Precise Block's animation. Again, bug abuse.

...and he´s absolutely wrong:P

Quote:
Bugging the animation of precise block on purpose (yes, in bold) is playing the game in an intended way? I apologize for my mistake earlier, you are clearly not trolling.
I get it now

Casting spells under precise block is allowed as long as you don´t do it on purpose of bugging the animation. If you do it in purpose of switching stances it is allowed. Now we have to install a mind reading device in all users PCs, and we have saved the world.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:48 AM   #43
VandaMan
Baron

Quote:
Casting spells under precise block is allowed as long as you don´t do it on purpose of bugging the animation. If you do it in purpose of switching stances it is allowed. Now we have to install a mind reading device in all users PCs, and we have saved the world.
I guess you're right, and it's impossible to tell who is doing it on purpose and who isn't. Therefore, it's not cheating to do it on purpose since nobody will know anyway... herpaderp.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 AM   #44
Initiate

Quote:
guess you're right, and it's impossible to tell who is doing it on purpose and who isn't. Therefore, it's not cheating to do it on purpose since nobody will know anyway... herpaderp.
It isn´t possible to tell if i am trolling here or not either. Really, i am not completely sure about this myself

Is it bug abuse, if you cast a buff, before your enemy is in proximity, to hide
the animation (another problem) Maybe, but you can´t tell, and it is that minor, that we have to (can and should) live with this. Or do you want to live in North Korea?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #45
VandaMan
Baron

Quote:
Is it bug abuse, if you cast a buff, before your enemy is in proximity, to hide
the animation (another problem) Maybe, but you can´t tell, and it is that minor, that we have to (can and should) live with this. Or do you want to live in North Korea?
Yes, it is abuse to intentionally bug your buff's animation to gain an advantage. Why do you even need to ask? However it's rather impractical to do so in the way you describe. It is much more obvious that something fishy is going on when a knight casts precise block and then decides he needs to spin in circles for the next 6 seconds, but in effect it's the same thing. If you're trying to turn this thread into a political debate, you'll have to lure someone else in, because I won't say more than that I would have no issue with living in North Korea.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #46
Initiate

Quote:
Yes, it is abuse to intentionally bug your buff's animation to gain an advantage. Why do you even need to ask? However it's rather impractical to do so in the way you describe.
I haven´t said, that it isn´t an abuse. But you can´t tell. And there is no law,
that tells me when i have to buff, too. Creating a law would restrict freedom , and we wouldn´t gain a better game to a noticeable degree.

Quote:
It is much more obvious that something fishy is going on when a knight casts precise block and then decides he needs to spin in circles for the next 6 seconds, but in effect it's the same thing.
This is even that obvious that you can tell he uses PB.
By the way the PB animation returns if you stop rotating. So this may be even intended. Maybe NGD simply thinks it looks too stupid if you rotate with PB animation?! After all Chilko "appreciates" stacking because of animation smoothness (or something like that , Stacking is more "elegant", whatever)

Quote:
If you're trying to turn this thread into a political debate, you'll have to lure someone else in,
It really is in some way.

Quote:
because I won't say more than that I would have no issue with living in North Korea.
I have realized it already...

Last edited by 53453467734534; 01-24-2011 at 03:33 AM.
53453467734534 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #47
VandaMan
Baron

Quote:
I haven´t said, that it isn´t an abuse. But you can´t tell. And there is no law,
that tells me when i have to buff, too. Creating a law would restrict freedom , and we wouldn´t gain a better game to a noticeable degree.
Not abusing bugs wouldn't make the game noticeably better? I disagree. And freedom? This is a video game, we don't need a freakin' bill of rights.

Quote:
This is even that obvious that you can tell he uses PB.
By the way the PB animation returns if you stop rotating. So this may be even intended.
If the animation only returns when you stop rotating, how is it obvious that he's using precise block? You see him using it and then the animation goes away... not exactly what I'd call obvious.

Quote:
I have realized it already...
If you had already realized it, then why would you ask in the first place?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #48
Initiate

Quote:
Not abusing bugs wouldn't make the game noticeably better? I disagree. And freedom? This is a video game, we don't need a freakin' bill of rights.
If you have to think twice when to buff (my example), because someone could interpret this as bug abusing, and have to fear that you are getting banned, if you do something accidentally, it will ruin the fun.
Another thing: You are innocent until proven guilty.
If you can´t tell for certain, that someone has used a bug on purpose, you can´t sanction it. You would simply hit innocent people sometimes.

Is logging off, so that an enemy can´t gain RP an abuse. Maybe, but should we dictate, when people are allowed to log off. "You have to stay in the game, if someone intends to kill you in the near future." Nice rule LoL

Quote:
If the animation only returns when you stop rotating, how is it obvious that he's using precise block? You see him using it and then the animation goes away... not exactly what I'd call obvious.
If he does it that obvious, that you can tell for a certainty he is doing it on purpose, you will also realize he is using it If he doesn´t do it that obvious,
it is also possible that he simply tries to face an enemy. Maybe he has a rotation bug too?!
Moreover, i repeat myself:"By the way the PB animation returns if you stop rotating. So this may be even intended. Maybe NGD simply thinks it looks too stupid if you rotate with PB animation?! After all Chilko "appreciates" stacking because of animation smoothness (or something like that , Stacking is more "elegant", whatever)"

Quote:
If you had already realized it, then why would you ask in the first place?
You know, i want to know for sure.
Imagine, i would call you a North Korean sympathiser without real prove

P.S: Horse escape is another very good example or going in and out and in and out in fort battles may be an abuse too.
Standing on a dead enemy to prevent resurrection, running erratically to prevent, that someone clicks you ...

Do we want a surveillance "state"?

Ok this is really getting too politically.
Thread closed

Last edited by 53453467734534; 01-24-2011 at 04:34 AM.
53453467734534 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 AM   #49
VandaMan
Baron

Quote:
If you have to think twice when to buff (my example), because someone could interpret this as bug abusing, and have to fear that you are getting banned, if you do something accidentally, it will ruin the fun.
Another thing: You are innocent until proven guilty.
Why would you have to think twice when to buff? If you're buffing because you actually want those buffs, regardless of what it does to animations you're fine. If you have to think twice it's probably because you really are trying to bug it. As for innocent until proven guilty, this has never been and likely will never be NGD's policy. Who was it that said something about self-proclaimed game marshals... oh right.

Quote:
If you can´t tell for certain, that someone has used a bug on purpose, you can´t sanction it. You would simply hit innocent people sometimes.
I'm not sure how long you've been around, but this is not NGD's policy either. Not even close. You're seen doing something that even remotely looks like abuse, and a screenshot gets sent, you're banned. Tigerious had his hunter banned for hiding behind a rock from an archer guard.

Quote:
Is logging off, so that an enemy can´t gain RP an abuse. Maybe, but should we dictate, when people are allowed to log off. "You have to stay in the game, if someone intends to kill you in the near future." Nice rule LoL
This is already the case. We have a 20 second log off timer for this very reason, and yes it is because people would log off to avoid death, which is abuse. Go figure.

Quote:
If he does it that obvious, that you can tell for a certainty he is doing it on purpose, you will also realize he is using it If he doesn´t do it that obvious
Yes, it will be obvious once you've wasted your mana and cooldowns, and been blocked, but that's the point... you don't discover it until after the enemy has gained an advantage from it.

Quote:
Imagine, i would call you a North Korean sympathiser without real prove
Why? Is there something wrong with North Korea?

Quote:
P.S: Horse escape is another very good example or going in and out and in and out in fort battles may be an abuse too.
Standing on a dead enemy to prevent resurrection, running erratically to prevent, that someone clicks you ...
Horses are clearly intended to behave in this way. They didn't use to, but were changed when they became premium only, to help sell more due to the increased advantage they give premium users. No idea what's abusive about where you stand... shift click will invert your selection priority, so it's not an issue. Going in and out of fort doors doesn't give you any sort of advantage that I can think of.

Quote:
Do we want a surveillance "state"?

Ok this is really getting too politically.
Thread closed
If you're out of ridiculous nonsensical arguments just say so, there's no need to try and get the thread locked.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #50
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Bump as I've wasted ~5 minutes on a scroll thanks to someone who thought it would be hilarious XD to hide its entire animation.

There's a reason why the animation is there, people.