This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Account-bound gear for transferred characters, Haven to Ra. How do you feel about it?
I'm okay with an account-bound restriction on transfer. 35 47.95%
I'm okay with an account-bound restriction, except I'd like to sell gear to merchants. 4 5.48%
I'd be okay with it if we make the restriction only for epic-level gear and above. 2 2.74%
I'd be okay with it if we make the restriction only for boss gear. 13 17.81%
I've already got toons on Ra, so I don't care about restrictions on gear after transfer. 10 13.70%
Hell, no! If NGD does this, I'm never playing this game again. 9 12.33%
No. I will not transfer my character under those conditions. 19 26.03%
I don't care what NGD does. I left this game a long time ago and I'm never coming back. 3 4.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road
Default Poll: opinions on the transfer idea.

Adrian indicated in a prior post that NGD is considering allowing character transfers from Haven to RA. However, if this happens, gear may become account-bound.

Opinions have been posted, and some people are very angry about the whole thing.

So, I'm making a poll to ask the question.

No doubt some people will get their knickers in a knot just for posting the question. Unlax and be civil.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Eizaix
Apprentice

Eizaix is on a distinguished road

Why is this even considered necessary?
When Nemon was merged to Haven it was not even mentioned.

Pretty sure this idea was created only to get back at some players that someone is holding grudge against lol
Eizaix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

If we put aside the concern that items could be sold for money, are there any reasons to bind any items?

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
pelozo
Baron

pelozo is on a distinguished road

I'd like if we can sell those items to merchants or put them in auction house.

But if not possible, merge anyway and bound all my shit.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
blood_omen
Pledge

blood_omen is on a distinguished road

Epic rings/dragon amulets should be the only things account bounded if the transfer is ever done.
blood_omen no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #6
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_omen View Post
Epic rings/dragon amulets should be the only things account bounded if the transfer is ever done.
...butButBUT, if so, ALL such items on ALL servers should henceforth be account-bound. Fair's fair. What affects one rightfully should affect all. As is, the vote tally so far clearly indicates that these unrealistic restrictions are unacceptable to most. In my opinion, rightly so. There's no real need; if ppl $ell or trade or gift their gears, what of it? It's THEIR stuff, isn't it?

As Eizaix rightly points out, this has never once been a (mentioned) consideration before now: not for Tyr/Horus, not for Niflheim/Muspell, not for Piranha/Ra, not for Raven/Horus, not for Haven/Nemon, not mentioned even once in almost a 1/2 dozen mergers over almost a dozen years, so why THIS time? What's so entirely different, special, or unique here? Anything?

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #7
-Aniara-
Initiate

-Aniara- is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Lebeau;1897273]...butButBUT, if so, ALL such items on ALL servers should...

The sheer amount of accounts and items is most likely the main problem. Haven is the churchyard of almost all those old servers and the number of accounts and items must be in the magnitude of thousands and millions...
Maybe it's easy to merge the databases and maybe it's not.

Also if you happen to sit on an old clan bank from some of the grand clans you could be selling gears for years and the same goes for those who been milking the bosses at haven. (Less honest people may be tempted to sell accounts with gear as well) This may hurt RA revenue.

And finally, there are accounts with toons in different realms present in the mess that is Haven.

It's understandable that NGD has second thoughts about this, especially since most active Haven player already has new toons in Ra.

The transfer may be a lot of work for very little benefit from one point of view.
On the other hand, it's pretty unfair that players that supported the game for years now are stuck in a dead server.

Even if it hurts to let all gear be locked I would pay that price to be able to play my old toons in something that is not "single player mode".

I am pretty sure that transfers if they happen, will be at your request, no one will likely be forced to move and get their stuff locked.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
Eizaix
Apprentice

Eizaix is on a distinguished road

I understand that some might be willing to give up everything they have (clearly the ones who are financially capable to just BOX an entirely new sets of gear if needed), but cmon

This theory of millions of accounts and items sitting in Haven is quite exaggerated.
Would make sense if only the ''active'' accounts would be transferred if it ever even happens. Its still just a suggestion.
Adrian pointed out that Haven never even reached close the numbers that Ra has even at the moment after many have ave quite etc from it too. So even with all the long dead and not used accounts from other merges that have took place, we could not effect Ra in any way. You might think some of us ''have hoarded a lot of gear'' that will make Ra bankrupt or something but you clearly have not comprehension of the size of Ra commerce then.
It cant effect Ra. Please stop making unnecessary theories. Its not helping. Thanks
Eizaix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #9
pelozo
Baron

pelozo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eizaix View Post
It cant effect Ra. Please stop making unnecessary theories. Its not helping. Thanks
Why, then, is Adrian saying they may need to bound items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eizaix View Post
I understand that some might be willing to give up everything they have (clearly the ones who are financially capable to just BOX an entirely new sets of gear if needed)
>Please stop making unnecessary theories. Its not helping. Thanks
Old 10-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #10
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
...butButBUT, if so, ALL such items on ALL servers should henceforth be account-bound. Fair's fair. ...
It's THEIR stuff, isn't it?
Exactly, it isn't THEIR stuff. Did you ever bother reading license agreement?
You can't argument with that, Mr. 143IQ.
Quote:

11.1 Ownership of the CHAMPIONS OF REGNUM material
As general rule the ownership of all the material existing in CHAMPIONS OF REGNUM and in the website corresponds to NGD STUDIOS. All titles, intellectual property rights in and for CHAMPIONS OF REGNUM and the website and the contents they incorporate (including, without limitation, any title, computer code, themes, objects, characters, names, titles, trademarks, designations, stories, dialogues, phrases, places, concepts, artwork, inventories of the characters, structural or landscaping designs, animations, graphics, scenographies, sounds, musical compositions and audio recordings, visual effects, arguments, aspect of the characters, operation methods, the particular presentation form of these elements, and all related documentation) are property or license of NGD STUDIOS.
That being said, nothing you obtained in game is your posession, what NGD provides you is rather a service. And they can change it, anytime.
Of course if NGD decides to lock Haven player inventories, the service provided to Haven players wouldn't be the same as to RA players.

But oh, Haven players get shit service on Haven already, so transferring to RA even with some restrictions would be actually a huge improvement.

Last edited by halvdan; 10-13-2018 at 08:59 AM.
halvdan no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread