This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

View Poll Results: Which war system do you prefer?
Current 20 71.43%
Old (before the current one) 4 14.29%
Not sure 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 PM   #11
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

The WMC for defending works. Though it can be abused by greater realms having more defenders than attackers, if I should say how. But 500 WMC is not a big deal anyhow, so I'll let the cat out of the bag if you didn't know this.

To obtain WMC, you need to let the attackers break your gate but prevent them from capturing the flag. If the game reads your gate missing upon closing times of invasion it will consider it a successful defense and will grant you WMC once the gate goes safe. But there is always a risk of losing control and if the flag is lost, it's game over, no WMC.

Atleast this is how it was on Amun when we tested. Not sure if anything changed.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #12
oim
Apprentice

oim is on a distinguished road

Make the door unable to capture.

Place more guards.

Make the inner door respawning. Place guards inside.

500 coins for defending the noble.

Zerg will always rule. You can't balance zerging. Only zerg can invade, because stun stun stun stun stun stun. Yes, it sucks.

Last edited by oim; 01-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.
oim no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #13
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

The new system is better, no doubt.

Though i think it is still based on population difference, attacking realm need enough to hold forts, and sometimes defenders can't do much.

Among improvements i'd like to see:
  • flag at gate or in forts shouldn't appear until guards near it are killed
  • the most populated (active war population) realm shouldn't be able to upgrade to level 4, if difference with attacked realm is too big.
  • after the end of the invasion, instant recapture should be prevented somehow (if defenders have hardly enough to defend gate/gems, they have hard time to prevent such recaptures, mostly done using only 1 enemy in each fort, who upgrade to level 4 immediatly).
  • defending noble should be rewarded
  • a reason to fight when only one fort is captured, most of the times people don't care until 2nd fort is captured. I have no idea yet, but war should be encouraged (in the game, not in the real world, of course).
Old 01-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #14
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas_ View Post
[*]a reason to fight when only one fort is captured, most of the times people don't care until 2nd fort is captured. I have no idea yet, but war should be encouraged (in the game, not in the real world, of course).
I disagree about that point.. it is nice to have battles going without the urgent thread of an invasion. Fighting at a fort for 2 hours wasn't possible with the old invasion system.

...at least this works on Valhalla
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #15
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

I think Zas means that once only one fort is being captured by the attackers the defenders will not move there to try to retake it / fight with the attackers, whatever, because there's no "danger" yet that threatens their gems / realm gate. I have to agree with this, since most of the time that is the case.

If maybe both, the attackers for holding one fort for a certain period of time and the defenders for being present near the fort / fighting the attackers / trying to retake the captured fort would get some kind of reward, then maybe there was more action and war.
Tho I couldn't think of anything so far since minor (1-2 hr) xp and gold boosts wouldn't encourage such actions any further but only kill them .
Old 01-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #16
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

the new is better in many ways as people have already stated.i agree with zas about people not moving until a 2nd fort is taken,its dulled the action somewhat.

but overall I believe its a good change for the game and im glad about it.its given the smaller realm the chance to defend and that's a huge improvement on past versions.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #17
Ludwig Von Mises
Banned

Ludwig Von Mises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The new system is better, no doubt.

Though i think it is still based on population difference, attacking realm need enough to hold forts, and sometimes defenders can't do much.

Among improvements i'd like to see:
[*]a reason to fight when only one fort is captured, most of the times people don't care until 2nd fort is captured. I have no idea yet, but war should be encouraged (in the game, not in the real world, of course).[/LIST]
Don't see an issue with some people not coming to fight when only one fort is being captured.

Sometimes people have other things to do like grind to a higher level without being constantly interrupted by other realms trying to invade.

Some people want to enjoy arena time without the constant threat of being invaded.

Some want to have time to go mag hunting and enjoy sights in inner realm and you can't do that when your constantly being interrupted with the threat of invasion right? Right. :]

Some don't want to go fight at a fort that is captured by the realm that is most populated (at the time) when your realm is underpopulated. Sense they know that when one realm that has the most players on is probably just capturing one fort in order to farm the other underpopulated realm sense they know that if they split to the second fort the underpopulated realm has a better chance of capturing one or even both forts back.

Some don't care much if its just one fort, they want to go fight anyways which is your own choice and its fine. :] Sometimes i make that choice for fun.
Ludwig Von Mises no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #18
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post
Don't see an issue with some people not coming to fight when only one fort is being captured.
Well, you may find this situation fine, but some players prefer to war, and this is the core of the game, i just noticed this is the current situation, you can cap one fort, and wait there with no one coming to take it back, or if you are on the attacked side, you can't gather enough to have a chance to take it back (so you'll get farmed, or just leave, which leads to the situation i describe). People are free to not participate to war, if they prefer hunt mags or grind (...), the problem concerns those who want to war.
Btw, a reason to fight in this situation doesn't necessarily mean change the fact two forts are needed to start relic counters. A kind of reward would suffice (wmc ?).
Old 01-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #19
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Von Mises View Post

Some don't want to go fight at a fort that is captured by the realm that is most populated (at the time) when your realm is underpopulated.

I agree with you. The only thing I miss is a battle for the castle. Rewards for fighting at fortifications (wmc?) would be great.

Quote:
but some players prefer to war, and this is the core of the game,
Really? So why leveling is so slow and boring?