This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 07-06-2017, 01:41 AM   #11
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Some old players are creating an unbreathable atmosphere instead of adapting
I agree 100%.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #12
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

i cant breathe!,,stahp it!
Old 07-08-2017, 09:01 AM   #13
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nostalgia is nice when it doesn't mess with the present.
Bravo. You don't hear this nearly enough.

For nostalgia might I hop on once in a wistful while, but only with change might I remain.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #14
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

In the 'old times' on the game, gear was more balanced, but realms were imbalanced (as always).

I miss my friends who have quit the game, but I am trying to play with new people often to make it fresh. There is however a massive defeatist attitude to whomever is on the 'losing side' when it is going on - but the fun of the game for me is to try and overcome the odds and win in some way (even if by accident ). RO can be a challenging game and I really like that.

The premium gear 'divide' is a big thing for me. If decent gear were available to buy for ximerin directly (like a champion gear item but for ximerin), it could fix that side of things and allow people to feel as though it's not 'the gear' holding them back from winning the fight (especially now that WM jewellery exists).
Old 07-30-2017, 12:29 AM   #15
SanguineLamai
Apprentice

SanguineLamai is on a distinguished road

I dont think anyone that I used to play with , plays anymore (even if Awrath still logs).

I lurk the fora in hope that things will pick up, and Id log back in if they do.

But I dont think that will happen.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:07 PM   #16
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

Adrian you should write a book, i will be the first to buy and read it.
your thinking and logic is so much powerfull.
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:05 PM   #17
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunnaki View Post
Adrian you should write a book, i will be the first to buy and read it.
your thinking and logic is so much powerfull.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:18 PM   #18
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He's definitely serious
Old 08-02-2017, 06:31 AM   #19
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
In the 'old times' on the game, gear was more balanced, but realms were imbalanced (as always).
Yup ... & yet there's no acceptable (read "popular") way to balance this imbalance, alas. Wish there was....(maybe it's time to try some unacceptable way?)....

Quote:
I miss my friends who have quit the game, but I am trying to play with new people often to make it fresh. There is however a massive defeatist attitude to whomever is on the 'losing side' when it is going on - but the fun of the game for me is to try and overcome the odds and win in some way (even if by accident ). RO can be a challenging game and I really like that.
I really do too, almost all of the old-school-blue-crew is gone now, also alas.

Who reasonable can blame those with "defeatist" attitudes tho. Overcoming difficult odds is a fun challenge yes, but "a man's got to know his limitations". To wit, impossible odds = exactly that: impossible odds. It's a zerg-rules game, so ofc the zerg rules (mechanically, now moreso than in distant past when skill-at-class meant much more than at present).

Not much ticks me off at my realmies more than them doing the lemming-suicide-run to a heavily-camped aggy for hours-on-end: run or ride from cs, die like dawgs for upteenth time, rez, & do it again, over & over, rinse & repeat farm-'fun' (NOT!). If I or another suggest a diversion, like "a few go boats to efe, let's split them up, then we'll recap aggs", we get ignored, or worse, some will say we're pussies or whiners or quitters, or "oh, it's too far!", or "oh, it's no fun attacking empty forts!", etc, ad naseum, blah, Blah, BLAH (yet Einstein once quipped that "the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing, over & over, yet expecting different results").

FYI: trying is not winning ... only winning is winning ... & losing is losing (& incidentally, that's also why so many on Haven multi- to play in the current zerg realm whichever it happens to be atm). Not sure if it's just impatiently spoiling for a fight so much that even a fight they are guaranteed to lose is still appealing, or if it's a kind of manly masochism, or maybe just sheer stubborn stupidity. I try to have a lil' fun anyhoo', & if not, I just log dafuq out.

Regardless, Regnum (despite all the bugs, glitches, crashes, exploiters/cheaters & other BS) is still one of, if not THE best, f2p rvr mmorpg out there. Period.

Quote:
The premium gear 'divide' is a big thing for me. If decent gear were available to buy for ximerin directly (like a champion gear item but for ximerin), it could fix that side of things and allow people to feel as though it's not 'the gear' holding them back from winning the fight (especially now that WM jewellery exists).
On 1st glance, this might appear as a good idea, yet thought thru, it simply creates yet another divide: those with ximerin (& thus xim-toys), & those without either. NGD promised more than once, Regnum will never be a pay-to-win game. But all that said, the crux of your "decent gear" idea is definitely still fully worthy of consideration. Maybe instead of xim-bought-toys, we have far more & better craft-system weapon options (& armors too)?

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-04-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
Yearling
Pledge

Yearling is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Regnum is still that very same game. What you're experiencing is that the initial users we had were completely different than the ones that we have now. Those initial users now are only a few that come back from time to time.
When you return to the home you lived in as a child, the building may appear the same, but other people live there.
The garden has been changed, so too the decor, walls knocked around, rooms added, double glazing put in and even the front door has been swapped for one more sensible.

They may even charge you to have a look round

The atmosphere has gone and the standards of the new family are quite different.
It may still have the same quaint name on the gate, but other than a shell of what had been, the house is nothing like it was and we all know it never will be again.

What would be ideal is if despite the changes, they had been for the better, you would feel a smile come on.

Regnum has changed.
Revenue was the cause and the clock can't be turned back, despite the efforts to introduce new ideas.
There just aren't enough people who now want to play it and it's they who tell you whether it's a success or not.

Long live the few die hards who play this game for the core reasons.
Lord help the devs who hang onto the belief that it's the fault of those that don't play it.
Yearling no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote