This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Old 02-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
sn0wCaz
Pledge

sn0wCaz is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

I'm new in the game on the server HAVEN and realm Alsius.

Fews years ago I was on Lineage2, but I don't want windows anymore then it is the occasion to discover game that actually care about Linux users.

I will appreciate if someone who know the game well could help me to discover all part of game. For the moment I didn't found complete written game guide(if they have rerool around lvl 20 for example)

With pleasure to meet you IG.
sn0wCaz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Smile

Welcome to the nuts & bolts house, sn0wCaz. It pleases everybuddy in the game to see new faces in inner realm, & on forums too, regardless of realm. CoR's best feature by leaps & bounds (& yes, jumping exists in CoR) is the endgame Realm v Realm warzone action. It'll be awhile before you can participate in truly meaningful ways, but stick with it....

Ok, here's the Lebeau primer ('short' version):

1) Settings:
: Press o, then Controls, then UNclick the boxes there, all of them.
: Press m, then check the boxes at map's top, all of them.
: Press o, use the slider at the bottom to center your point of view.
: Under o(ptions), tinker with them & find what works best for you.
: At some point, press h, & read, this brings up the how-to-manual.

2) Leveling:
: Do your quests (green/yellow "!" over npc's heads). They'll get you to 36th lvl... & do not take the magnanite quests offered in Montsognir, as they take months, even years, to complete. You only have room for 5 quests at once, so don't waste 2 slots.
: After doing the questline (36th lvl), either grind mobs, & take a realm task for a particular one (available at Montsognir/Birka city gates), then once it is finished, take other realm tasks for the loot types that mob type dropped (which meanwhile can be stored in your character/account stashes that are accessed at merchants).
: Or don't grind, just do letter realm tasks available at your realm's warzone castle [bind at altar in city closest to warzone gate, go thru wall gate or trapdoor, use the glowy stone donut, this will teleport you to near your castle, go to castle & get a letter quest that is of high xp value, suicide (jumping from castle walls will do), resurrect back to the inner realm altar, deliver the letter, suicide again to get closer to wall, then go to wall & use tele again, etc, rinse & repeat....].

3) Advice:
: Buy a mount when the quest one wears out. You want to ride, not walk.
: Everthing you acquire will be placed at 1st in your 1st inventory slot. Do not sell or trade your realm jewelry (obtained thru questing), or your magnanites (until you learn their trade value), & store anything you wish to keep in your 2nd-5th slots, to avoid accidental sale of such.
: Don't be shy, ask your realm mates for friendly advice & help when & as needed (most all will gladly provide, but please don't beg for gold ... heehee).
: If you choose to grind, use the best weapon you drop or acquire (you want faster speed, & higher damage bonuses, & best range if an archer). Also, use 2 deadly sight rings once you can get/use them. As well, keep your armors within 4-8 lvls of your own, & use ones that have the best physical (slash, pierce, blunt) resists (almost all mobs do physical, not elemental, damages), so you will be able to rest less, grind more, & level faster.

: https://regnum.wikia.com is your friend (tho dated).
: http://classintro.wordpress.com/ has subclass descriptions (tho dated) (IGNORE those mag prices!).
: http://www.regnumsentinel.com/ is very, VERY useful, especially the class trainer (Thanks again, Slarti!).
: https://boxedfox.org/hosted/users/kitsuni/armor/ shows how CoR armor/soak works (tho slightly dated).

: GL, TC, & HF, Goatling!....

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

If you want to play Haven we will be happy to have you here, because the server really lack numbers for good wars.

My humble suggestion is to start in RA - it is more active and the only drawback is that most of the players are spanish speakers. This is not so big issue, because in every realm there is english speaking clans that will help you to feel at home.

I really do not want to tell this to a new player, but the truth is Haven is an empty server and if you want to experience the game RA is the right choice.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:16 AM   #4
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point

Play Ra & keep your interest going in the game.

Hi ieti. Miss you old friend
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #5
sn0wCaz
Pledge

sn0wCaz is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your advice, I forget about coming to forum, now I'm 58 on my first toon (moonwolf) stilla lot to learn about gameplay, but like to be here. I'm ok with Haven. I think it's easier to learn and grind when you'r not hunting all the time.
sn0wCaz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven is a good choice, it needs players. Join weakest realm.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote