This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 01-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

I know this one Alsius conju who REAALY sucks, called Nightchick :P
(love ya Nc :P)
Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
Nightchill
Banned

Nightchill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210paul
I know this one Alsius conju who REAALY sucks, called Nightchick :P
(love ya Nc :P)
nightchick doesn't have permission to stay in wz after 9

(yaya i know :P)
Nightchill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
Pendalf
Initiate

Pendalf is an unknown quantity at this point

My conjurer char in Horus is just 32lvl, this is my first conj char. It has no greater healing, only heal ally and regenerate ally. I took a part in last war battles, so I wish to take advise from more skillful collegues about next tactic questions.
1) Position. What position should take conj in the battle? Mostly battle can be divided by two parts: first, two opposite groops with a distance a bit more than ranged attaсk; and second, pretty meshed. Till first part everyone is ok, conj have no job. But second part needs many healing job. That requres conj to stay on one of sides of meshed group. There he becomes a good target for archers. =(
2) Switching players. When two melee fighters are smashing each other, opposite player selects very well (to attack), but it is difficult to select a comrade to heal. =( It takes time, very very valuable time.
3) Spell using tactic. How it's better to build cast sequence? heal ally - regenerate ally - Synergy Bond - mana borrow - energy shield, if still alive?

That's just main. I got my imho about those questions, but i'm too nooby to decide. My chars are only Syrtis, so if you wont share your skills...
Pendalf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco2950
My conjurer char in Horus is just 32lvl, this is my first conj char. It has no greater healing, only heal ally and regenerate ally. I took a part in last war battles, so I wish to take advise from more skillful collegues about next tactic questions.
Hi! I'll try to answer your questions but take note what I'll say here aren't rules etched in stone. These are just things that have worked for me.

Quote:
1) Position. What position should take conj in the battle? Mostly battle can be divided by two parts: first, two opposite groops with a distance a bit more than ranged attaсk; and second, pretty meshed. Till first part everyone is ok, conj have no job. But second part needs many healing job. That requres conj to stay on one of sides of meshed group. There he becomes a good target for archers. =(
The answer here is at range. Your healing spells have range, so learn to use them at the maximum range away from enemy groups. Also keep moving. Don't stay on one spot. Be aware how your allies and enemies are moving in relation to each other and anticipate where safe areas would be. Staying off the center of groups will also make you less prone to getting hit with areas such as Sultar's Terror.

Quote:
2) Switching players. When two melee fighters are smashing each other, opposite player selects very well (to attack), but it is difficult to select a comrade to heal. =( It takes time, very very valuable time.
There is an invert selection option at the game options menu. If that doesn't work for you, try SHIFT+Click.

Quote:
3) Spell using tactic. How it's better to build cast sequence? heal ally - regenerate ally - Synergy Bond - mana borrow - energy shield, if still alive?
There is no magic sequence. You will need to assess the situation and cast the appropriate spell based on your experience. This is something you will learn in time and practice. Be wary of your spell cooldowns and use them only when necessary. It won't give you much RP, but you and your team will end up alive more times.

Anyway I hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in and help.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
w_larsen
Initiate

w_larsen is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not such great player i wish i was, but i'll share my experience

Quote:
My conjurer char in Horus is just 32lvl, this is my first conj char. It has no greater healing, only heal ally and regenerate ally.
don't forget, you have DI and resurrect too

Quote:
usually first part has a great deal of work too. as mentioned in first post, archers try to pick some targets out, usually relying on conjurers to heal them. as they stay in front of group, mana com usually doesn't reach them, if conjurers are at back of group, and this is good idea to supply them with mana.
this is right moment to cast DI too. ask, who needs DI, so one person doesn't get enchanted by many conjus.

when they die or retreat, usually enemy charges. (archers, at this point conjus have many things to do, so don't rely on being resurrected as enemy army runs past you ) your position then depends on your groups role - if defending fort/castle, good idea is to get inside first and heal/give mana/DI to those, who need it (they will come inside).
if attacking, just stay out of range a bit, but not too far (as archers will pick you out if they notice you alone)

if enemy is about to breach door, it might be good idea to DI and buff up guard captain, if there is one. also try to keep him healthy, if you can.

supporting hunting group also helps to see, what works for you and what not, as support conjurers can't train and experiment in arena.

and above of all... stay alive as long as you can. if you are being hit, run out of range, heal yourself and rest if needed. don't expect anyone to see, who is attacking you and take them down. sanctuary might help and might ruin your escape, it depends on situation.

i hope some of this helps
w_larsen no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

It's also not the conjurer's job to keep someone's mana full at all times. They can help with that, but players need to control their mana consumption rates, get advantage of mana communion whenever possible, and warn ahead of time if they are about to unload all their mana for some reason if that's what is needed to do.

It's tough enough learning how to play your own class, a conjurer is no different. They don't have to learn which spells another player used and when so that they guess how much mana you have left.

In other words, expect nothing from conjurers, hope for everything, and prepare to be surprised
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30ernest
The answer here is at range. Your healing spells have range, so learn to use them at the maximum range away from enemy groups. Also keep moving. Don't stay on one spot. Be aware how your allies and enemies are moving in relation to each other and anticipate where safe areas would be. Staying off the center of groups will also make you less prone to getting hit with areas such as Sultar's Terror.
At his conjurer Heglin is doing pretty well with rushing together with the warriors to support them with his auras, heals and cast evedim's fury.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
w_larsen
Initiate

w_larsen is an unknown quantity at this point

as lvl32 conjurers doesn't have evendim or great mana/hp pool... save charging in group for later levels imho
your point is valid at higher levels tho, especially if there is another mage with mana com in group, but it depends on playing style.
w_larsen no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Well from my little experience conjuror is a hard work and is even harder when you don't play others classes. I mean to support people you gotta understand what they need and what they do.

I think e30ernest told you the basis. I'll try to get more specific on how I play try to play my conjuror. I put my points in thoses trees:
- Staff mastery to 15 for mana comm
- Sorcery for at least Sanctuary lvl 4
- Life and mana control
- try to have beetle in mental if you can to save you some time.

Whenever sanctuary is ready it's the good time to cast it and get your ass in the front line to support warriors and others in need at the front. After get back behind your group and continue providing support. You always have to watch your mana bar, and your allies moves to supply them the best support. Try to have a kind of priority list to help you sort out conflicts (you will have to choose who to heal first etc.)

Announce when you need to get dispell magic on yourself (Death sentence or Confuse) others conjurors might have missed it, especially confuse.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #20
Pendalf
Initiate

Pendalf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much friends!
Your information is unexpectedly concrete and helpful! I will try all your advices.

Also I wanted to ask about resurrection. Range is too close and castin time is too long to stay alive trying to resurrect any strong knight, i.e. May be, the key is to boost up to 45+ and be just a bit more strong, so don't care about this now?
Pendalf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote