This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #11
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telwe View Post
This really isnt what I was hoping here to hear, because what I'm understanding is that to get more rp I need to do stuff either for nothing or inefficiently.

Shouldn't ngd fix this?
its only annoying when you go for killquests without areas
(i usually just went for a precaution mass regen to get me credit)
the rest is just good conju-ing

if you're trying to get noticed you should give up right away
people only notice conjus when something goes wrong

it is fun to try and reach the rankings ofc, but dont ever let that mess up your playstyle ^^

as to NGD fixing it, there has been lots of talk about it already,
I still feel like spells shouldnt cancel out all of the built up credit
but thats mostly because we play on a small server and getting killcounts wasnt always easy

seeing how boringly easy it was to just farm rps and killcounts during the event
(I just played with my normal setup during event.. tho abusing mass dispel )
i noticed that its not nescesary to change it for killcounts, and that was the only 'important' part
you just need a big group to support, and enemies who will come back
(seriously, rps mean even less on a supporting charachter ^^)
Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #12
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

I don't play conju but think that not getting kill credit is a problem for the following reasons:

1) Kill quests in RT boards help the slow lvling to 60. If getting kills is more difficult for conjus despite the work they do (emphasis on despite, i.e. if they are playing well etc then they should be rewarded for it), then that's not really fair.
2) WC quests - again, these are kill related. Difficult kills, difficult to get to WM.
3) Events.

If the kills are relevant to all buffing/areas/healing done then fair's fair. If not though, it would be good to have a more representative kill recognition.
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #13
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

A conjurer (level 60) and me (level 47 barb) fought four level 60s (3 marks, 1 conju) and three of them died, one marks ran away. I think one low hunter joined very late in the end but not sure. This is the summary

http://imgur.com/gfdsusY,Ukm5NGR#0

I was prebuffed with Material Wall(5) and I got DI later in the fight. It was all direct heals and two Life Saviours. I got a total of 16+12+15 = 43 RP out of a possible 66. The conjurer got the possible remaining 23 RP (6+10+7) or could be 1 or 2 less due to that low hunter. So roughly he got 30% of the contribution value.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

you start off with a normal hit, so the prebuff stuff counts for credit (suprisingly )
the same goes for everything after with exception for the 2 syn. bonds at the end
not that lv 1 wouldve given anything

so your conju was very lucky, and looking at how few support he gave you at the start
im guessing he was busy with bees and manaburning the archers
or keeping them busy in other ways
(or he showed up later, or he was confused and standing still, oh the posibilities )

solong as your ally doesnt use spells on enemies you can get lots of rps
i sometimes end up with 6/7 rps from a kill some1 made, most of the time its just 1/2 tho ^^
Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the fight was behind Aggers near trap door and so I went out first with Material Wall on me, and began fighting them alone. The conju stayed in and came out after I had lost half my hp and then used Life Saviour. Hence the delay

And I doubt he did use any spells on them, as he was treehugging a lot and hopped in and out of the trees only after he had regenerated enough mana for Steel Skin probably.

Maybe just pick a few players to support to earn your RPs
http://i.imgur.com/j0PnmPE.jpg

Jokes aside, this was an isolated example to show conjus can earn decent (using it sparingly) in small fight compared to supporting a zerg. But regular conjus playing in zergs however play to support the group more than with the intent of RP anyhow.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #16
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

I made rank 3 in Ra one week on a level 53 conjurer, earning 10799 RP. The top was a barb with 17K, and the nearest other conjurer had 4077 in that week.

This was done with a really silly build spamming mind push, energy borrow, bless weapon as much as possible, spamming areas, and so on. I specifically buffed barbs who were hitting enemies.

http://tinyurl.com/knx9nn8

In no way is this even a good build at all, but it is so easy to stand at the back buffing the damage dealers to make RP.

My current normal war build is very simple, and makes hardly any RP per kill (maybe 1-2 per kill, max of 4-7 if I really spammed some dispel and such).

Instant buffs like dispel and bless weapon earn the most RP.