This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #51
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

maybe alsius should just go to war?

i mean when we crossed alsius oc a couple of days ago there where like 20 goats zerging us oO and still they din't take forts, wth man, stop complaining and start playing.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #52
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood-raven View Post
maybe alsius should just go to war?

i mean when we crossed alsius oc a couple of days ago there where like 20 goats zerging us oO and still they din't take forts, wth man, stop complaining and start playing.
other exagerating argument.....seems make everything x3 times...
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #53
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
The Alsius situation is a tough one, but there are people that enjoy a challenge. I have seen so many fantastic tactics come out of alsius that other realms are still failing to duplicate.

There are several ways to never lose be invaded even when outnumbered.

Just remember, that we all have seen if you show that a tactic works to well, people will cry and the tactic will get nerfed.

I feel a major problem with more players joining alsius is not only the threat of getting killing by random realmers while just learning the game, but also the fact that raven server will pull a large population away that could possibly play in the US timezones. So a decline is inevitable. Compare Alsius to a sink full of water, someone corks up the tap and opens the drain. Even if the waster goes down slow, it cannot be replenished by the original source.. end of story.
The situation is not basically alsius fault, or even Ignis glory, it is a pre-fabricated situation due to lack of vision of NGD.
Invasions at night are happening not cos alsius lacks communication ( it does, but this is not the major problem), the simple fact is Ignis has more Warmasters than any other realm. NGD didnt thought at this unbalancing when they introduced nobles guest and gave Ignis a large number of WM.
During this invasion whoever you kill will be back in the fort in a matter of seconds, cos they have to much WM's to have free teletransport every time.

Even so Ignis still have to wait till all syrtis logoff to try to invade, also a pre-fabricated for NGD, cos even so syrtis still have lot of ppl and lot of warmasters.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
Alzaroth_
Pledge

Alzaroth_ is on a distinguished road

Ignis don't have many more players than others realm. We are probably less than syrtians.

If we succeed in invasions and stuff, it's because we can have organization. And I say "can" because it's not always... Sometimes I see few high level in my friend list we are ALL a t war and we do a lot of good things. Sometimes I see a lot of high level but we split everywhere on the map and we are just zerged by Syrtis and Alsius.

Quote:
I have a problem with the overall attitude of my own Realm, misinterpreted orders, bad judgements, loss of communication and selfish motivation are often just more fuel for the fire and I've seen many a time where a player will ragequit due to feeling overwhelmed when trying to actually make a difference.
It's the same in Ignis. Sometimes we have the same issues and we do crap. But thanks to some awesome players who lead us at war we don't suffer this to much. That's maybe why you think we are more. We are just more at the same place, at the same moment.
Alzaroth_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #55
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Once again Karl has produced a gem of a post here. It is by far the best I have seen in ages.

He simply describes the disease which has plagued the game since the inception of Invasion expansion. I do hope that NGD and the community at large reads his post very carefully.

I agree thoroughly with it and he is dead on the money. I have never been a big fan of the dragon wishes (as most know) and the noble quest either.
However, I do notice a trend at NGD Studios and decided that I make suggestions that adjust what is already in place because they almost never turn back the clock (unless the RA community is in riot mode).
This company sometimes reminds me of the politicians in my little country. A poor decision is made but, rather than retract, the idea is pushed forward hard because it is their idea and they know what they are doing. The citizens are clueless .It will work out somehow. Give it time. This is the mantra.
In politics, people get voted out, in business market forces rule. NGD is lucky in this respect. it has managed to secure a niche market and a bit of a cult following. It is this that sustains it yet handicaps it. We shall see if time can break the shackles.

Karl is right. How can a game boost the invaders and or punish the invaded with game quality changing features? How can this be allowed to stack? +/- XP stacks, warmasters stack, malus stack. Why? This positive feedback loop is what is driving the imbalances and polarity.

This might be harsh to say but they should have never implemented Invasions (the way it is now) in the first place. They could have shrunk the Inner realm zones and expanded the landmass of the war zone. Add supplementary structures. They could have made capturing islands instead of inner realm.
You are telling me that they could not simply make 3 islands captureable if you use the same mechanics for invasions? Make 1 supplementary island for -40 level players to capture.

Push lower level players into the warzone to grind gradually. The game would have been enjoyable and exciting without the pressure. You could log off , secure in the knowledge that sleep would not be your undoing. even if your realm was mauled overnight at least you were no worse off through no fault of your own next morning.
Dragon wishes are terrible, all of them.
The warmaster expansion was partially a symptom fixer too.
Run away CC effects which grew exponentially the bigger your army became had to be handled somehow.
=Enter the beacons. It only served to open the gulf wider because it treated the symptom and not the disease.
Nothing of interest between forts and half the time spent running between objectives. Game is slow and pedestrian = Enter portals. Enter horn of wind.

Speed does not always equal fun.

NGD decided the pace of the game was too slow so they brought changes to increase the pace. One of those that broke many things was that increase in base speed.

There are many conceptual things that need addressing in this game. Obviously they are not simple to address. Equally obvious is that if you keep building on the sand, one day it is going to collapse under the weight of its patches. It would not be seen on Ra because populations are going to mask obvious problems. Horus should be the test bed. If it does not work here it is not a solid implementation. All must scale to variable populations. If you don't want that then each server must have separate implementations.

Regards
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #56
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzaroth_ View Post
Ignis don't have many more players than others realm. We are probably less than syrtians.
I'm afraid not, if you didn't outnumber us prior to the warmaster update then you do now.
Due to so many of our own players just quitting because of it.
You also have about four times the warmasters, we're lucky to have three online at the same time.

There has been many a time (up until the "gem lock" hotfix) where it would be myself and about six others defending one fort or another at roughly 5am GMT from constant attack due to your warmaster teleports.
After about an hour of struggling, Ignis usually succeed in making our gates
vulnerable so the six or seven same players would have to dash to the Realm wall in order to defend there or try and take Algaros or Herbred while you concern yourself with the gate.
Even then though, while a zerg of about ten - twenty are reported to be closing in on the gate or inside our noble's residence we still find another fairly large group guarding the forts - those who do not need the noble I'm assuming.

During your high time, you outnumber us by about 3:1 and our lack of communication once in a while doesn't help.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #57
Alzaroth_
Pledge

Alzaroth_ is on a distinguished road

Once again, I'm not sure of this. I can't say how many you are in you realm, but sometimes I see a lot of Ignis online but we are outnumbered because we split or people just don't care of war.

And since few days, your night crew is very nice too...

The problem of Alsius remains the same... But there is no solution. They just have to don't quit the game, keep their recruit and get more organization...
Alzaroth_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #58
VeterKh
Master

VeterKh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzaroth_ View Post
I see a lot of Ignis online but we are outnumbered because we split or people just don't care of war.
it was with me when i need to grind sry!