This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple accounts?

I saw, in the Knowledge Base, a question about having more than one account.

Here: https://www.championsofregnum.com/su...-email-address

The answer to that question says the Terms of Use say only one account per user.

I read the terms of use, at https://www.championsofregnum.com/index.php?l=1&sec=8 (click on terms of use, it will pop up), and I do not see anywhere in there where it says only one account is allowed per user. Mind you, I'm not a lawyer, and the legalese may have skipped over my head...

I'm not considering multiple accounts, but I am wondering where that particular term of service is.

I hope this is the right forum in which to ask this question...

Erzsi
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:07 AM   #2
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

As I understand it (Ms Leily, correct me if I'm wrong here), once upon a time, NGD did frown on having multiple accounts per user, & on multi-realming in general. Then, after multiple servers were merged, & many folk had multiple accounts without intending to do so, this 'restriction' was lifted. That said, it is still a bannable offense to be online on more than one realm at a time (aka multi-logging), but I don't really know if this policy is heavily enforced (as I never do it).
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Aver
Initiate

Aver is on a distinguished road

As far as I know, you can have as many accounts as you wish as long as they have different e-mails, and also as long as they are all in the same realm. There are cases, however, in which one e-mail in shared due to one account created back in Game Samba, and another one in RO webpage, so when they merged, both accounts happened to have the same e-mail.
Let's wait for an official answer.
Aver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
As far as I know, you can have as many accounts as you wish as long as they have different e-mails, and also as long as they are all in the same realm. There are cases, however, in which one e-mail in shared due to one account created back in Game Samba, and another one in RO webpage, so when they merged, both accounts happened to have the same e-mail.
Let's wait for an official answer.
Heh. The answer at Knowledge Base post was given by a "Community Manager" on May 31, 2018. I don't suppose that's Leily?

Like the OP, I'd like to know the answer. Where is that term of service in the terms of service? I know it used to be there.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #5
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

People abuse this for multi-logging for dragon wishes really frequently, which just means that unfortunately NGD can't check this or do anything about this.
And I don't think NGD wants to discriminate players playing from the same IP.
The only way to detect this would be some anomaly detection system, real-time monitoring actions from the same IP. Certain patterns could indicate multi-logging, like coming with multiple accounts to wish only and rarely playing them simultaneously, also sending movement strokes either to one of characters while other remains idle, there can be plenty of good features that can be useful to detect this. One could model this using multivariate Gaussian distribution. But I guess they have more urgent matters to solve at the moment.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #6
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
People abuse this for multi-logging for dragon wishes really frequently, which just means that unfortunately NGD can't check this or do anything about this.
And I don't think NGD wants to discriminate players playing from the same IP.
The only way to detect this would be some anomaly detection system, real-time monitoring actions from the same IP. Certain patterns could indicate multi-logging, like coming with multiple accounts to wish only and rarely playing them simultaneously, also sending movement strokes either to one of characters while other remains idle, there can be plenty of good features that can be useful to detect this. One could model this using multivariate Gaussian distribution. But I guess they have more urgent matters to solve at the moment.
NGD has some detection capability & did put in place a 2-day no-game-rewards for realm-hoppers. That said, one can easily change their IP, & as long as players only use & verify one pc per realm, & own multiple pc's, then NGD cannot really know, & such players are free to multi-realm, multi-log, all without penalty. It is what it is, & there's nothing for it afaik...

Old 10-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
NGD has some detection capability & did put in place a 2-day no-game-rewards for realm-hoppers. That said, one can easily change their IP, & as long as players only use & verify one pc per realm, & own multiple pc's, then NGD cannot really know, & such players are free to multi-realm, multi-log, all without penalty. It is what it is, & there's nothing for it afaik...
I don't think issue is that people change their IP, but issue arises when people multi-log from the same IP, to alter the wish voting outcome, or to get more wish rewards, or to get more chances on boss. Changing IP disconnects from game anyway.
So unless you pay for multiple IPs from your ISP, than it's easier to narrow down detection criteria.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
Lebeau
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
I don't think issue is that people change their IP, but issue arises when people multi-log from the same IP, to alter the wish voting outcome, or to get more wish rewards, or to get more chances on boss. Changing IP disconnects from game anyway.
So unless you pay for multiple IPs from your ISP, than it's easier to narrow down detection criteria.
Way too many peeps will do whatever it takes to secretly multi-realm & multi-log, all in order to 'win'. I honestly do not know wtf NGD can ever really do about it, but going forward, I am glad they are at least trying to keep the very worst of this from occurring on Ra....

Last edited by Lebeau; 10-24-2018 at 05:57 AM.