This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-03-2018, 06:26 AM   #11
Kralmoe
Banned

Kralmoe is on a distinguished road

What about those who leave their character for hours running in circles like idiots in the save?

Are they going to get kicked out or they can stay because they 'move'.

Kralmoe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #12
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralmoe View Post
What about those who leave their character for hours running in circles like idiots in the save?
Are they going to get kicked out or they can stay because they 'move'.
That should be considered as bot and bannable in my opinion.
It requires constantly sending key press which some script, or putting something heavy on keyboard, anyway it's a hack. Isn't it ? I don't know other ways to keep running like that, if you dont press key character stops.

Repetitive actions should be banable imo, there could be some bot detection system.
Or suspected player could be PM-ed by GM, like they do in other games to check if it's a bot.

Having good stats on players activity is crucial for NGD to optimize server such that it's pleasant for all of us. Having players that cheat the stats, hurts us all.

The same goes to multi-logging from the same IP to dragon wishes, than one character or the other takes actions but not both at the same time. Though this could be solved by allowing to enter portal only people who participated in invasion (this would be fair no matter how people would cry about it).
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #13
Grindelmort
Pledge

Grindelmort is on a distinguished road

I dont think people running in circles will be a significant issue if people are just pushed out to the character selection screen.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #14
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
That should be considered as bot and bannable in my opinion.
It requires constantly sending key press which some script, or putting something heavy on keyboard, anyway it's a hack. Isn't it ? I don't know other ways to keep running like that, if you dont press key character stops.

Repetitive actions should be banable imo, there could be some bot detection system.
Or suspected player could be PM-ed by GM, like they do in other games to check if it's a bot.

Having good stats on players activity is crucial for NGD to optimize server such that it's pleasant for all of us. Having players that cheat the stats, hurts us all.

The same goes to multi-logging from the same IP to dragon wishes, than one character or the other takes actions but not both at the same time. Though this could be solved by allowing to enter portal only people who participated in invasion (this would be fair no matter how people would cry about it).
You just need to hold down W and Q/E and click off the regnum window. Doesn't require anything though people that do that should still be autologged.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 AM   #15
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
You just need to hold down W and Q/E and click off the regnum window. Doesn't require anything though people that do that should still be autologged.
That's actually exploiting a bug/glitch in the client. The client should not sustain a keypress if the window is no longer in focus.

I don't know how long it would take to run that bug down and fix it, though.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #16
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzsi View Post
That's actually exploiting a bug/glitch in the client. The client should not sustain a keypress if the window is no longer in focus.

I don't know how long it would take to run that bug down and fix it, though.
um have you heard of the autorun feature?
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote