This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 01-04-2017, 11:23 PM   #51
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
...Warlocks are spellcasters, they are meant to use magic and not normal hits...
Supposed to be, yes, but sadly, no longer true. Ye same olde lvl-50-cap spell-damage versus lvl-60-cap armors + %-based protections/resistances = warlock is no longer the offensive mage-subclass at all really (but hey, that's another thread altogether, & there have been many such posted since autumn '10 & the WM/lvl-60 'update').
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:39 AM   #52
Almighty1
Pledge

Almighty1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
Ffs, no.
Why warlocks wanna play as a marksman too?
Marksman is plain boring, range + phewphew.

Warlocks are spellcasters, they are meant to use magic and not normal hits. Sorry Allmighty and Mr Freaky, but SM and AS is something that other subclasses should value more, I know you can skill it, but you shouldn't use it. Right, NGD's fault too, years of begging for making warlocks REALLY warlocks will happen (soon but not soon ) hopefully. Untill that, I suggest you to try some other subclass(es).
Playing SM doesn't mean Im trying to play like a marks. Marks gameplay is too boring. Stay at 50m and click your enemies. Plus they have pretty high defense and escape spells.

There is no hard and fast rule for a warlock to be a spellcaster. I found SM even though a bit tricky to play, very much effective than playing as a spellcaster. Few reasons for same
1) You don't have to worry about DIZZY. Spellcasters are sitting ducks when dizzied.
2) Insane DPS when compared to spellcaster.
3) Much longer range (about 35m) when compared to spellcaster (mainly 25m).
4) Do not have to while away your time when archers cast SOTW.
5) Dealing dmg to archers out of their cc range (except bow)
6) Out hit an Archer, When kiting or standing still, forcing them to run away or come into much closer range.
7) Watching those archers run away from you is a funny sight lol. (Not and adv, but still it's fun )

These are ones that I can thinknof now. I do agree there are disadvantages for SM, but I believe these advantages outweigh them.
Almighty1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #53
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
Playing SM doesn't mean Im trying to play like a marks. Marks gameplay is too boring. Stay at 50m and click your enemies. Plus they have pretty high defense and escape spells.

There is no hard and fast rule for a warlock to be a spellcaster. I found SM even though a bit tricky to play, very much effective than playing as a spellcaster. Few reasons for same
1) You don't have to worry about DIZZY. Spellcasters are sitting ducks when dizzied.
2) Insane DPS when compared to spellcaster.
3) Much longer range (about 35m) when compared to spellcaster (mainly 25m).
4) Do not have to while away your time when archers cast SOTW.
5) Dealing dmg to archers out of their cc range (except bow)
6) Out hit an Archer, When kiting or standing still, forcing them to run away or come into much closer range.
7) Watching those archers run away from you is a funny sight lol. (Not and adv, but still it's fun )

These are ones that I can thinknof now. I do agree there are disadvantages for SM, but I believe these advantages outweigh them.
But aren't those the points you accuse marks of? To me it sounds like you wish warlock turned into marks. And that's what it exactly used to be. Fuerst and others did exactly what you say about marks when it was still stronger.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #54
Almighty1
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
But aren't those the points you accuse marks of? To me it sounds like you wish warlock turned into marks. And that's what it exactly used to be. Fuerst and others did exactly what you say about marks when it was still stronger.
I do not accuse marks for the dmg alone. It's the insane range , % dmg bonus passives + spells, and to add to that theybhave uber defense and escape spells.
Does a warlock have this ?
Barbs have op dmg, but they do not have range. So, it's fine. SM locks have DPS, yes, but what else ? Lowers lvl cc? Worst defense of all the sub classes ?

This is in no way a marks
I took to this style to stand against the op dmg archers do, but that's not the point. We need more SM players !
Siwy and carbona are trying it out !!!
Nice to see SM locks from alsius
Old 01-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #55
Hayir
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
I do not accuse marks for the dmg alone. It's the insane range , % dmg bonus passives + spells, and to add to that theybhave uber defense and escape spells.
Does a warlock have this ?
Barbs have op dmg, but they do not have range. So, it's fine. SM locks have DPS, yes, but what else ? Lowers lvl cc? Worst defense of all the sub classes ?

This is in no way a marks
I took to this style to stand against the op dmg archers do, but that's not the point. We need more SM players !
Siwy and carbona are trying it out !!!
Nice to see SM locks from alsius
I didn't say it is, i said you want it to be. You want warlock to be a ranged class with high normal hits.

So there are 2 options for that:

Either they do that "insane range , % dmg bonus passives + spells, and to add to that theybhave uber defense and escape spells. " , which makes you a marksman pretty much.
or they increase the dmg so much that you pretty much 1 hit everything and nothing even matters.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #56
Almighty1
Pledge

I don't think there is going to be any balance updates soon. Just showcasing another option for squishy locks to play in war which I felt is pretty good and effective.

Just want other locks to try it out and see what they think about it. Every class has balance issues.

Last edited by Almighty1; 01-05-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #57
C4RB0N4
Pledge

C4RB0N4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
atm Marksman spells deal much more dmg than lock ones even AoE spell like Fire Rain with 30 sec cd hits for 800+... just take a look at Arrow Mastery tree and spells placed there.
staff mastery does not give that insane normals but attack speed is what makes sm OP when u have good gear
C4RB0N4 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #58
Hayir
Master

Honestly i don't think any class should be so insanely focused on normal hits, because that is in my opinion plain boring gameplay. Not even marks should be like that.

That's why i suggested this for marks before they buffed all those marks spells, which would be a lot more balanced in the current state imo.
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=105536

I personally dislike any SM trend and current state of marksman with strong spell damage and normal hits. But obviously everyone can play as they like.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #59
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RB0N4 View Post
staff mastery does not give that insane normals but attack speed is what makes sm OP when u have good gear
sure but marksman attack speed is the same or even better with stronger hits and range
Old 01-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #60
MrFreaky
Pledge

MrFreaky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
lets put it this way. if i had a Marks ready and gear'd up i would undoubtedly abandon my SM warlock and play it instead. for a few obvious reasons being: insane range, spells, DPS, and defense. an overall easy and clearly OP class to play. why wouldn't i play Marks. i just don't have one, and do not plan on grinding.

Marks have it all. SM is pretty much a Marks with much less defense, range, and "protection" spells as i like to call them such as SOTW, LP, escapist, WS, DS, ambush etc...

where warlock has its advantage over Marks is DPS. and frankly, i think these major setbacks for warlock when comparing to Marks actually make it a whole lot more challenging and entertaining.

but in the end it comes down to the fact that spell casting is simply outdated and deeply inferior to SM. sure we can do a little tree hugging and PvP and the spell caster will stand out no doubt, but we all know this is not the core of Regnum which we know to be RvR based.
MrFreaky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote