This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
pauluzz
Initiate

pauluzz is on a distinguished road

Imo NGD did a lot to improven Haven's population. The merge of Horus and Raven and when CoR went to steam should've been a huge population boost. But that didn't last for long. So I don't really see a reason why merging Haven with Piranha Should work. So it's good they point their arrows on Ra now.

The problem is in the game itself. But Imo It's not mainly because of bugs. There is no Exciting or Fun Goal in this game atm.
Grinding to 60 takes forever and is boring. Becoming Warmaster takes long and don't really gives great exciting new extras (same for Champion coins). Motivation to invade plunged as it is near impossible for some realms to get the Castle relics out. The economics are next to nothing as droprate seems to be very low and the bosses and boss items were still lvl 50 and now even removed.
The new magna weapons were a good thing. You see a few people trying to gain magnanites again. But this goes only for a few players as most people give up when they hear they need 7500 of them.

But i have a little hope for the new boss items. I hope they will be great and exciting. That makes players log in and trade/ show them off in war.
I know some players hate bosses. But i think economics are crucial for this game.
So i'm looking forward to the boss update. (for a while now.. ;P )

So good luck with the update and the merge Adrian.

Pauluzz - Warlockz - Paul - Pauluzu - Paululu - Felicica --- INQUISITION
pauluzz no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Cresto008
Initiate

Cresto008 is on a distinguished road

If NGD gives a certain date of next update, it would atleast calm down the raging people and people who want to "quit" have some sort of date to look forward to and wait. Could you gives the estimated date of the next "epic" update, Adrian?
Cresto008 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

thx for updates Adrian !

( sorry if my interpretation of net tech is not correct . but basically, from my understanding, a significant part of internet infrastructure is made up of routers which decide where nad how to send data packets. When repeated attempts to send data packets to a destination IP fail, for example due to congestion/lag, the router has to work out a different way. this creates more lag. when large shifts occur in the standard data distribution load on the web, routers need more time to work things out. a possible description of role of router is here :-
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/in...structure3.htm
im not an internet engineer so yea, it is only my interpretation)

i think a lot more has to be done for Haven to go above 200+ -- Haven doesnt have the core marketing strength of being a spanish speaking server so has to compete against the other big english mmos? NGD would have to really understand all the community's (bois and so on) suggestions and get cracking.
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
AnujAJ
Apprentice

AnujAJ is on a distinguished road

What I am gonna say maybe not good but i wanna share it surely.

(Its a kind of conversation)

1st guy - You know new dragon update coming up ?
2nd guy - Heall yeah ! I m excited !! Can't wait !!
1st guy - You should be sad !!
2nd guy - Why ?? :-(
1st guy - You dont got a low lvl knight like me to drop dragon items B-)
2nd guy - pff..now i need a knight of low lvl to drop on new dragon...bahhh...(quits CoR)

Moral : Can all classes of all lvl have equal chances / rates to drop on dragons ??

If not ! WTF !!
If yes ! Then how archer can get them ? Any formula for it ?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #25
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnujAJ View Post
What I am gonna say maybe not good but i wanna share it surely.

(Its a kind of conversation)

1st guy - You know new dragon update coming up ?
2nd guy - Heall yeah ! I m excited !! Can't wait !!
1st guy - You should be sad !!
2nd guy - Why ?? :-(
1st guy - You dont got a low lvl knight like me to drop dragon items B-)
2nd guy - pff..now i need a knight of low lvl to drop on new dragon...bahhh...(quits CoR)

Moral : Can all classes of all lvl have equal chances / rates to drop on dragons ??

If not ! WTF !!
If yes ! Then how archer can get them ? Any formula for it ?
This slightly irrelevant but it would depend on how NGD implements it. If it is implemented as an instance built for say a party of 5 players, it is easy to regulate the drop to have an equal chance for everyone in the team. Either way I think Rings and Amulets should be either removed or somehow toned down.

Ultimately I think NGD should take all the work they've been doing on dragon lairs and toss it in the trash because time could be better spent on improving the aspect of the game the players decide to play this game for (which is RvR).
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #26
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Imho Haven's had its chance for population to grow and it hasn't. The reasons for that could be argued almost endlessly (and they are in other threads) but the bottom line is RA is the successfully server so it makes sense for NGD to focus their resources on it.

If their servers can handle battles on that scale then they're industry leaders for RvR and a boost like this could get enough attention in the Spanish speaking media to flow over to the English speaking media and so give Haven a boost. Not holding my breath there though, its fairly obvious from some of the crap that becomes popular that game promotion is a pay to win business.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Aries202
Banned

Aries202 is on a distinguished road

Why did NGD even invest in so many damn servers?

With the amount of people playing this game all together they could have two successful RA servers. This is like the first company I see opening up servers without even having a steady community for their own servers or even needing to.

Don't expand in land you can't fill. Ra was nice, and you opened up Horus for the English community, cool. Would have been much easier to make Horus international and at this point you'd have a Ra and a mini version of Ra with a lot of control and less hassle.

Look at you guys now, hoping your new updates pull more players to the unfilled servers.
Aries202 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #28
trulyem
Master

trulyem is on a distinguished road

The merge is a result of the failures to improve this game. Quite honestly, a lot of players has left RA because of the intense capitalism and greediness that your company manifests. It will continue soon, until it all becomes 1 server again.

Well done NGD!

If you start atleast listen to the concerns of dis-balance and other suggestive ideas of players this would've had been like this and had grown better.

More dumb features? Really? Haha Invasions are so bugged and thats how much some players love this game and yet you continue to ignore. Get real.

I am happy for you losing servers, least this is what reality is. Failed organization and marketing strategies.

This game used to be all about skill, now its another item based and infused game. You earn today, bankruptcy in the future.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #29
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Well, given all that's been said, all that's been tried, would NGD be willing to begin negotiations & talks with it's remaining distribution partners (GameSamba & Gamigo) & with the commmunities as well of the servers these partners host (Haven, Nemon & Valhalla) with the expressed intention of a triple-merge in order to boost population so that RA & 'Hamonla' at least resemble each other in terms of online population? Can NGD, GameSamba & Gamigo actually reach an accord on profit & power sharing for the good of their gaming communities? This could & should at least be considered & here's why...

Game as it is, was & is designed for RA, a large online population server. The merger of RA with Piranha means it's even bigger & that just widens the gap between RA & all other CoR servers. Either a merger of Haven/Nemon/Valhalla must be done to keep ongoing & changing game balance & game invasion mechanics functionally effective ... OR ... this game must be newly coded in some way to address the difference in server populations, so that CoR is scaleable (variable strength guards/doors & variable length timers) based on existing online populations. The current one-size-fits-all-servers game-model just isn't working well, at least not on Haven.

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-16-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: misspelled 'Gamigo'.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Good luck with the update and the merge Adrian, and hope those ailing players from Piranha can have some proper fun now, albeit zergy but still non-stop action on Ra.

As for the update, I just hope realm chat (in warzone on Haven) gets disabled in it.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread