This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road
Default Brief History Of My Time In The Game

I joined this game in 2009, and I've never posted on the forum until now, and never even go on the forum.

Before I start, I am Van Halen Archer, of Ignis in Haven.

I received word recently that some fellow Igneans all of a sudden suspect me of multi-realming for some unknown reason.

Usually I don't care what people think, but I have nothing to hide from anyone, so I thought I'd share my history a little.

When I joined, I played in Alsius RA. I was Mdpro and mdpro-spellcaster then, and those characters still exist. I also started playing there again sometimes, my current characters there atm are Van Healen and The Outlaw.

My internet and computer technology at the time couldn't support the game anymore, so I knew I wasn't going to play much longer. Since your account gives you the option of different servers, I decided to make an Ignis character in the english server (I think it was Horus at the time?) to see what the realm looked like before the game updates didn't allow me to log into the game anymore.

I took a almost a 5 year break from the game, and sometime over the winter I decided to play again.

When I came back to the game, I decided I'd play in the english server, so I tried out Alsius (mdpro-mage I think? lvl 11 or 12?). I felt I wanted a new start, and felt it was time to move on, so I gave Syrtis a brief tryout too (Hockey Boss, which was deleted (I think lvl 11-13?)). I wasn't feeling that realm for some reason, so it was Ignis or bust for the game of Regnum.

So as I was making an account to try Ignis, I just happened to make an account through Game Samba with the same exact account name, and same password as my orignal account (funny enough), so as I went to log in, it gave me the choice of Game Samba or NGD, I chose NGD because I wasn't sure what Game Samba was.

When I logged in, there was the level 1 Ignis character I made back in 2009 before I was unable to log into the game anymore. I decided to play that character for the fun of it, chatted in realm chat briefly (about Clint Eastwood western flicks actually ), and decided to delete that character and start fresh, and made Van Halen Archer. The more I played in Ignis, I loved every minute of it, and nothing has changed... And I only want nothing but success and good things for the realm, and the good people in it.

Aslius and Syrtis are enemy realms, so I dislike them as a whole. But as individual people (if you're a decent person) I respect you as a human being, so usually if I'm grinding somewhere, I will leave you alone if you are there to grind as well, or if I want nothing to do with war at the moment upon encounter. If I do attack you somewhere that's not war related, then chances are your realm has done something to my disliking recently, or I am just bored. In war, you are all enemies.

Now, what a multi-realmer is: someone who goes from realm to realm for either the satisfaction of being a part of whatever realm is winning, or going to other realms to change the course of war in such a way that it benefits the realm in which your allegiance is pledged to. Also a person that constantly logs into different realms and becomes part of the communities in all of them. I do none of these things, and have spent probably more time playing in Ignis during months of devastation than anyone else, because I love the realm, regardless of whether or not we were winning or losing. Ignis has everything I want out of the game of Regnum. Not everyone finds what they are looking for the first time they try something, so it doesn't make someone a multi because they started out somewhere else.

If my way of gameplay has made any suspect that I am multi-realming for some reason, the point of this message is to say this: You should probably get to know someone better before judging them, or making false accusations. Thank you for your time.

Alsius or nothing

Last edited by MDpro; 08-11-2014 at 09:30 PM.
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hey welcome back &...

...blahBlahBLAH...(I talk WAY too much sometimes)...

...& thoroughly enjoy yourself

P.S.: I'll likely have to kill u on sight if we meet in WZ. Sorry, but it's just a goat-pig thing. Well at least you're a fellow 'animal' like me & not some catpiss-drinkin', uber-nasty, squirrel-molestin', appendaged-shitsack, soap-eating-ass-bandit, zergling-gelftard panocha! (Hey, did I do good & rightly remember all their proper names THIS time, folks?).

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-13-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
MDpro
Initiate

Well I've been back in the game about 6 months or so, just never posted on the forum before. But thanks lol.

I just came to shed a little light on people that are wrongfully suspicious of other people in the game, as it happens all too often. Doesn't mean people's suspicions are never true, but some people like to jump to conclusions before they know what they are talking about, and other gullible people will believe them.

Alsius or nothing
Old 08-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #4
leafdale
Apprentice

leafdale is on a distinguished road

hi Van Halen and The Outlaw

I think ive seen you in Ignis before...

I agree with you i think. Multirealming is impossible to stop. I feel it is ok to multirealm but if you do, you should play the GAME and not the Realm. By this I mean:

Which ever realm you log in to, you should play the situation until it is concluded or you are tired of playing. So if you log in and the realm you log in to is being invaded, play defence until the invasion is over or until you are tired of playing. But dont just change realm because you see the realm you logged in to is being invaded, and want to go get whatever points/gems and so forth.
leafdale no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

well Van Halen tell those who think your a multi to go to the far que!

ive known you for years and i can swear your as honest as they come and just as loyal,shame i couldnt get you to come to alsius.ignis have done well to keep you,your a great guy!

i run TAG,we have players from ignis and syrtis in our clan and thats perfectly fine,they dont abuse the ability to multi realm and are nice sincere people.so too bad to any paranoid fool who gets upset if you are or are not a multi realmer. .. you play how you want and screw the rest!

hugz
tan
Old 08-12-2014, 03:55 AM   #6
MDpro
Initiate

Tan!

Lol my orginal character in RA still has your old clan tag (pun intended) on it.

Also, I almost got you a few times in the war zone, but you got away every time.

Alsius or nothing
Old 08-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
MDpro
Initiate

Just thought I'd bump this, for I was accused of being a goat last night just because I logged for a couple hours, and came back near the end of the invasion.

My reason: I was tired of constantly dying to a wish hungry goat zerg, for the game is no fun that way. I play the game for fun, not for constant war. When Ignis was devasted all the time, it was a normal thing for us to log for an hour or so when it was like 5 of us being invaded by a gelf zerg. I spent that time doing other things, and then played in RA to run a few letter quests and grind for a short time. When I logged back into my Ignis conj, I saw the gems were gone, and I figured I'd get on my hunter to help track leftover enemies or recap our forts.

But I guess I could give them video proof of everything I do when I'm not logged into my Ignis characters, and trolls are still gonna believe the bs they make up in their heads.

Trolling and isulting does more damage to a realm than some multis do sometimes. It creates arguments and frustration, and turns allies against each other.

Alsius or nothing