This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Duily
Pledge

Duily is on a distinguished road
Default Any new content added?

Have not played in a good while. Any new content being added? PVP or PVE?
Duily no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

I would suggest stopping by AMUN and have a look at what they got over there. Additionally, I would look back and have a read of the threads that show the balancing iterations that the game has gone through so far.

That would be the simplest and best answer I could give you.

Have a look here too : http://blog.regnumonlinegame.com/

Artec
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
doppelapfel
Baron

doppelapfel is on a distinguished road

I would recommend you to read chillkos posts, he announced nearly all changes comming with the balance update. Maybe there have already been things added, i dont know how long you havent played.
doppelapfel no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
Duily
Pledge

Duily is on a distinguished road

Only played a month or two after I joined. So sometime in 2009.

I went through and it just seems that they are tweaking the hell out of classes and adding new monster models.

Are they adding new PVE so the grind to the cap is any less painful? I just disliked how a PVP RVR game had a grind of PVE till the cap. I wanted to PVP to the cap or something : [
Duily no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

The formula has not changed. You still have to quest and PvE to reach the cap. The methodology and points required per level have not changed. You still get no experience points for the PvP part, barring the few quests to kill opponents.

In some cases, depending on class, you might see some speed improvement with grinding with the imminent update.

A while back I suggested this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
Part 3

This is quite short. This is as much a conceptual change as a UI one. In my consideration, the XP bar that runs below is too boring and static. In many cases, the apparent non-movement of it at higher level can be a demotivator.

My suggestion is that, at higher levels, the level gets broken into stages. So for example at level 45 you get level 45 trainee (stage 1), Novice (stage 2) , Experienced (level3) Master (level 4). At each stage you can get a power point or alternate between power points and discipline points.

Further to this, the bar gets reset at the start for each stage giving the impression of faster progress and bigger hops in movement of the bar. Additionally, I would colour each stage a different colour which would give even more impetus to grind to make it to that next level which seems so much closer. At the very end of the bar you could put some indicator of rank progress.

/End of part 3
It might take the edge off without altering the curve. Maybe NGD will consider it after the fort/castle revamp and the subsequent refactoring of invasions and the offering of those promised multi realm quests to distribute jewellery equitably.

At this point though, I might suggest that you try to grind in party or get a friendly conjurer to give you an assist. it helps a lot.

Artec
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote