This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #31
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Personally, I am interested to see what they did with the dragon instances.

Was it absolutely necessary given the state of the game?
Questionable, but I wait with bated breath to see if it is another one of those that grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Honestly, if it does not go premium (as many rumours are suggesting it will) I can't see any other justification for putting so much resources behind it while invasions (the première event) languishes in a state of incompleteness.

But, they charged a fee to go to Momo island and now it is just sitting out there doing nothing so I suppose there is some kind of method to the madness.

Well, that madness may be experimentation in a live setting to tweak designs for a new MMO.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #32
kmdk
Master

kmdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post

Honestly, if it does not go premium (as many rumours are suggesting it will) I can't see any other justification for putting so much resources behind it while invasions (the première event) languishes in a state of incompleteness.

But, they charged a fee to go to Momo island and now it is just sitting out there doing nothing so I suppose there is some kind of method to the madness.
If this will be true ,in first stages will boost for the moment profit of NGD ,people will pay for curiosity ,but after for sure will just cut Haven population in half ,over years was the same ,moment boost of profit ,over time massive leave of the game.

WM update boosted profit ,but also after 6 months massive leave of the game because players found out how much is pay to win.

Unfortunately NGD chosen low population base and fast profit instead of low constant profit but from more players.

This two directions ,low profit from each player but from many of them grown up popularity and can be equal as hight profit from low population,and sometimes even more.This is a basic theory from any kind of products in markets.
If you see realm chat you will see many new players get disappointed about they have no free/gold mount but only premium ,this first impression is made ,most of them i never have seen log in again. That's a mark for a game ,this tell the user is a pay to play/win game.

Anyway is just a speculation about dragons caves,but i suspect from experience ,over time in game this will be the direction.
But i hope items from this dragons will not be even more OP,pay for dragon cave and even more OP items than now on game will piss off all users base for real.Or at least 90%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
Yeah, it was an unfortunate comment. But truth be said: we almost did nothing for Ra population to be what it is (of course we do to maintain that numbers), but we did A LOT for Haven population to grow. We maintain the numbers, but we failed to make them grow. (Please, don't give us again the bug/RvR/features/gameplay/wesuck reasons, we know them). But failing is not making us give up, as it is known.
Half of what you say is not true.How this ?. Gameplay was designed for RA that has massive population and not for Haven.There were massive requests from Haven players that some features of game to be adjusted for Haven and not Ra.(in fact you've told it )
Old 08-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #33
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

I'm just going to say this: you all choose what you want to believe in, and you all choose what rumours and gossip to focus on. Seems that explaining, some times, is of no use.
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #34
OppyV
Pledge

OppyV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post

Was it absolutely necessary given the state of the game?
Questionable, but I wait with bated breath to see if it is another one of those that grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Well, that madness may be experimentation in a live setting to tweak designs for a new MMO.
Hey you boy,

I thought you finally stopped posting info in the forum that they are not listening too
Besides that.. Get back to GW2 man!! We haven't seen you in a few days

Yes; this reply is totally offtopic.
Do i care? No
Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
Ichi
Secondary account

Ichi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I'm just going to say this: you all choose what you want to believe in, and you all choose what rumours and gossip to focus on. Seems that explaining, some times, is of no use.
Personally, I think we've heard enough bullshit explanations. The big mistake was posting info about that shit merge in the English part of the forum.
Ichi no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #36
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Oppy, RL matters. I'll be back in a bit.
Posting here takes but a few moments and there were a few things I felt I needed to address.

But truly, rumours and gossip are all to go on. And yes, it is our choice in the absence of any real information.
The Haven community has come to dread the " coming soon". So they hold on to any thing coming through the grape vine. Community fault? No. They are just seeking alternative information sources so that they can hedge their bets going into new updates. Considering the history of communications between Developer and client one must understand why this is now a necessary step.

Reality check : What did NGD representatives actually think was going to happen when they released that info here? No, seriously.

The English forum is mainly directed to Haven. English (and other language) players of RA would simply use translate to figure out what goes on there from the Spanish forum.

So yes its nice that we were "informed". However, it does not change the price of cocoa on the haven server. In fact, all it could do is what it did. That is, infuriate loyal users of Haven into thinking that they were marginalised again.

I am going to say this: explanations that are nebulous are no use. All it does is provide fuel for the rumour mill. Not that the rumour mill needs any more fuel.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #37
Dupa_z_Zasady
Banned

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomay View Post
everyone seems fairly negative but i think its a good move.
Lol, we know. Are you perhaps NGD employee?
Dupa_z_Zasady no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #38
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupa_z_Zasady View Post
Lol, we know. Are you perhaps NGD employee?
no im not. quite a few of the community are very unhappy, which is not surprising i guess. hope NGD realises they need a clear strategy to overcome this slowly.

i like the game. it plays like neverwinter. there isn't another mmo with the same control and skill format. most mmos r going down the route of action combat or just a slew of illogical skills to me.

i tried silkroad online -- the combat skills dont make much sense. looking at lotro and rift, they r the same.
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #39
ShadowForce
Apprentice

ShadowForce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce View Post
Maybe you could create a separate thread from here with your plans for Haven over the next few months? I think the entire Haven population would appreciate that following on from this thread and server merge.
In the absence of tangible information, what other choice is there than gossip?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
RichardCromwell
Pledge

RichardCromwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
In the absence of tangible information, what other choice is there than gossip?
That is a very rational argument, but absolutely unfitting the context, here.
That is, unless you were unable to spot *this* post on page two of this thread, which I doubt.

If you choose not to trust the information proclaimed to you by those who should know, what 'tangible information' would you care to accept?
Also, even if there is no such source of knowledge, how would that justify rumoring publically without 'tangible' purpose?

I must say, under the circumstances, NGD's decisions seem pretty noble, and I enjoy the fact that they actually seem to have plans for the future,
[This is addressing what Adrian said about how Haven was not intended to be merged, but that instead there were simply still attempts to raise the population of Haven itself.]
despite so much frustration amongst the community. I believe, everyone who is still here and awaits improvements could use a slight bit more faith, and patience.

That would also keep these threads more down to topic - and they could use that, because reading about *everything else* you dislike about the game, whenever any issue is adressed, or anything else is announced, only hinders the discussion on enhancements to said events.
Also, it has no use but to annoy people.
Closed Thread