This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 12-31-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
Almighty1
Pledge

Almighty1 is on a distinguished road
Smile Staff Mastery (SM)

Hello,

I was searching for some Staff Mastery (SM) videos on YouTube and found only very few :P

From the ice age of CoR:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVNVkaSNHs

Another one:- (couple more on this channel, but they show Warju Style)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mklc7MFpJY

Comparitively new :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzDzWHYK_-0

So, I was wondering maybe its time for SM to be brought back to its original self, so that there are more warlocks who try it out and maybe play in this mode.

Right now, it seems you need jewels to do some good dmg in war (with auras and ally buffs)

What do you guys think?

P.S
Something out of the blue to discuss on
Almighty1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
MrFreaky
Pledge

MrFreaky is on a distinguished road

to its original self? I know it used to be +50 on each buff. This was back when the level cap was 50. now that was OP!!!

when are you going to ditch your green realm and come hang out with me
MrFreaky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
Almighty1
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreaky View Post
to its original self? I know it used to be +50 on each buff. This was back when the level cap was 50. now that was OP!!!
Yes, +50 for each buff and the dmg bonus passive (Combat Magic) was 30% instead of 15% (now). It was OP back then, but now since the lvl cap has changed, new armours with more AP have come, I don't think it would be that OP as it was before.

Very few play SM nowadays, maybe changing it back to the old self will help in increasing the number of SM users

Quote:
when are you going to ditch your green realm and come hang out with me
You can always come to syrtis, farming wmc and grinding is a pain in the ass for a non-xim user like me :P
Old 12-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
MrFreaky
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
Yes, +50 for each buff and the dmg bonus passive (Combat Magic) was 30% instead of 15% (now).
30% combat magic? i really don't remember this. wow.. that's insane. we'd be critting around 750 lol. no wonder they nerfed it.

the issue with reverting sm to its former self is that NGD do not want this. they do not dare support the sm mage, or the warju if you'd prefer. they will not encourage this particular practice because it does not conform with their idea of the "warlock" or "conjurer".

while i will wholeheartedly support the reintroduction of old sm (obviously ), it will not happen. besides.. we'd be essentially taking the role of the archer and suppressing the generel idea that mages should be of a supporting figure in an RvR situation.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
Almighty1
Pledge

Quote:
30% combat magic? i really don't remember this. wow.. that's insane. we'd be critting around 750 lol. no wonder they nerfed it.
Well its what i remember, I do not have proof of this though. Somewhere i remember it being 30%. I maybe wrong.

Quote:
suppressing the generel idea that mages should be of a supporting figure in an RvR situation.
Then why would they put a Staff Mastery tree if they didn't want people to try it and play that style :P
Old 12-31-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post

Then why would they put a Staff Mastery tree if they didn't want people to try it and play that style :P
I always thought SM was only there for mage grind. Otherwise it would take forever.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #7
Almighty1
Pledge

Well if you can use it to kill mobs, you can also use it to kill enemies
Old 12-31-2016, 07:07 PM   #8
C4RB0N4
Pledge

C4RB0N4 is on a distinguished road

I don't see point for this to be honest. if you don't have good items for sm you can simply go for spell setup, rvr spam setup and if you have good items for sm you are very powerful with good setup and position. Main drawbacks of sm is you sacrifice your ccs to take sm spells and, if you're warlock, your defense is low which will cause problems that archers do not encounter as often as sm lock would.
C4RB0N4 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:31 PM   #9
Almighty1
Pledge

Well getting items for SM is really easy. Nobody wants such stuff, most of the items i have are given to me for free, bcoz no other locks need them. In fact, finding good gear for spell setup is much harder and costlier than SM gear.

And as for points, i have almost all cc's in my setup, you only need 30 points for the SM tree (you get 20 from lightning ice blast fireball mana burn) and getting the rest 10 points is easy. I just reduce my cc level and change my combo accordingly.

And for defense. Its all the same for both SM and as a spellcaster, but like i told there are a lot of items for SM (bcoz no one wants them), you can just choose the ones with good resists and enhance them (from enhancements from x-mas trees like i did).

PS : Taking the case of a lock only, Warjurers are better of playing as a conju (benifits the realm )
Old 12-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #10
MrFreaky
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RB0N4 View Post
Main drawbacks of sm is you sacrifice your ccs to take sm spells and, if you're warlock, your defense is low which will cause problems that archers do not encounter as often as sm lock would.
hmmm, i wouldn't really agree that playing sm ultimately means fewer CCs. I think i have a respectable amount of CCs in my setup. sure, sure.. as a spell caster i do tend to have that extra CC such as twister/terror, but overall the sacrifice is very acute.

defense is pretty much untouched. this really depends on the level of windwall.