This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

View Poll Results: Most Broken Class?
Warriors in general 8 21.62%
Mages in general 4 10.81%
Archers in general 2 5.41%
Knights 12 32.43%
Barbs 4 10.81%
Conjus 2 5.41%
Warlocks 8 21.62%
Marksmen 1 2.70%
Hunters 2 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumeriTarenes
what is so bad about vanguard?

nice passives, Ao1, stars shield, trolls skinn, taunt and challenge (if they realy work), provoking blow is nice too (even better since conc has bigger effect on hit chance and spell focus since the latest update)
It's just awareness and Rigorous preparation that are broken as far as I know.
Just look in marksman aiming amstery tree to see a bunch of useless spells. 5 out of 10 spells are used at all. Nobody uses any of the others.

I think the commone warriors weapon trees are the most broken trees. Also 2h mastery.
ahahahahaha....troll skin - sucks,taunt and challenge - suck(taunt wouldnt so much if it worked),provoking blow - sucks,arcane const - sucks...mehhhhh
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
CumeriTarenes
Baron

CumeriTarenes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaccc
ahahahahaha....troll skin - sucks,taunt and challenge - suck(taunt wouldnt so much if it worked),provoking blow - sucks,arcane const - sucks...mehhhhh
I dunno why provoking blow sucks. Against an archer you can increase your natural block chance very much. -15 dex and -15 const are a lot...and it costs just 80 mana on lvl 1 and does 100% weapon dmg, instant cast.
Also challenge...decreasing hit chance for your enemie means you will evade and block far more. And it is a ranged spell.

There are far more sucking spells in the game than these you are saying they suck. Btw, you talk too much for someone who does not even play the game at all, who does not have the faith to get just one character to lvl 50. But you pretend to be an expert all the time. This is ridicoulus.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
misaccc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumeriTarenes
I dunno why provoking blow sucks. Against an archer you can increase your natural block chance very much. -15 dex and -15 const a re a lot...and it costs just 80 mana on lvl 1 and does 100% weapon dmg.
Also challenge...decreasing hit chance for your enemie means you will evade and block far more. And it is a ranged spell.

There are far more sucking spells in the game than these you are saying they suck. Btw, you talk too much for someone who does not even play the game at all, who does not have the faith to get just one character to lvl 50. But you pretend to be an expert all the time. This is ridicoulus.
wel -15dex is so little...and not worth putting points just do decrease someones concentration...challenge doesent work and even if it did we dont need to avoid damage we need to decrease it.
Meh who said i dont play?i just dont play so often...and i dont need to be lvl50...i can kill most people with my current level...why bother?it is ridicoulus:P
Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

I'll list all 10 spells and write what I think of them.

1. Challenge: at level 1 no noticeable effect but might be good at level 5(-40%)

2. Taunt: Is good to hit MOB's harder, but the pet-disable function doesn't work(is going to be fixed)

3. Provoking blow: Good spell, not too strong and not too weak,

4.Stone Temple: Good spell for more health and knockdown resistance

5. Rigorous Preparation: Casting time is too long and spell doesn't seem to work.

6. Awareness: Casting time is too long and spell doesn't seem to work.

7. Troll's skin: Not that much health for all those skill points you need to put in it, Stone temple is better

8.Arcane constitution: On paper is it a good spell, but magic attacks are not often used, except by SM-users.

9.Stars shield: On paper is it a good spell, but magic attacks are not often used, except by SM-users.

10. Army of One: The best spell in Regnum for tanking, so the high mana costs are only logic. Two weak points are the short duration of 30 sec. and that it screams 'mind squash me!' which is easy to do when you don't use precise block.

Last edited by asdfghs; 07-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
CumeriTarenes
Baron

CumeriTarenes is on a distinguished road

magical dmg is also arcana strike, fireball, meteor, lightning arrow and spells like this. Magical dmg = ice, fire and lightning damage
That's how I do understand it

but dky, your post is by far more constructive than red stars, who is just saying it all sucks. Thank you for your knight's opinion about it.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
misaccc
Banned

terror does physical damage...btw i didnt say it all sucks i just posted which spells suck IMO
Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

you can see from the poll warriors (specificaly knights) are in serious need of a revamp some of the skills in vanguard arnt THAT bad but need either a load of points to be worth useing or scream "squasher me!" (ao1)
Old 07-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #18
ncvr
Marquis

ncvr is on a distinguished road

Warlocks have more physical dmg spells than magical.

I personally think that 2h mastery is more broken than vanguard.
ncvr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #19
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210paul
you can see from the poll warriors (specificaly knights) are in serious need of a revamp some of the skills in vanguard arnt THAT bad but need either a load of points to be worth useing or scream "squasher me!" (ao1)
Every protecting buff scream "mind squash me!". And honnestly I prefer going for a conjuror in steal skin. Because with knights it can be long before you see a hit going in.

I'd rather see barbarians buff stacking trouble corrected. You know what allows barb to do very high hits with ripost or southcross. In fact the problem ain't barbs only, but we see it almost always on barb. All 100% weapon dmg + % dmg with luck or not skills are able to allow dangerous buff stacking and allowing almost instant kills.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

some buffs caution,wepon magnifiers ect dont have a constant animation and i think that only MOD may screem squash me more than Ao0