Rules, Considerations & Balance Formatting (READ BEFORE POSTING)
Welcome to the balance forum
This section is dedicated to the organized exchange of information regarding several aspects that have to do with overall game dynamics, combat, spells, balance, etc.
This forum is STRICLY regulated and any post containing irrevelant information and/or doesn't abide by the rules described here will be immediately erased without prior notice.
For any particular aspect discussed, it's recommended that a new thread is created with an informative title.
This forum is subject to the same regulations described in the main forums. Also, there are some additional considerations:
- Do not post any message of personal content and always use a respectful tone when addressing other users and administrators. Any form of aggression or difamation will be penalized with an account BAN. The penalty duration will be increased gradually and in extreme cases, this could result in a permanent forum ban.
- Moderators have the final word. A moderator may close/modify any post without prior warning.
- There is no obligation by the moderators to respond to any thread.
- Respect the thread subject. Try to stay on topic, if you feel the need to discuss something else, there are other sections that could be of use.
- It's best if a post is brief and to the point. A maximum of 20 lines of text is recommended.
- If possible please avoid any opinions on a subject that you don't have any experience whatsoever.
- Usually when a particular aspect is being officially discussed by us, there will be a solution proposal request.
- After a certain proposal has been submitted, it's recommended that it stays unmodified. Please, analyze any proposal thoroughly before submitting.
- A message described as a complaint and/or demand could be deleted by a moderator without prior or further warning.
- The post must abide by the format described with no exceptions. Those posts that do not respect the format may be erased according to moderator's judgement.
----- o -----
Balance post formatting
Any topic created in this forum must consider the following format:
Describe the situation, this could include places as well as players using certain tactics and/or spells.
It's important to describe basic information pertaining the overall environment where the balance issue may have ocurred.
If you feel a screenshot may help explain the situation, please do include one.
Describe exactly what the imbalance is directly related to. This could be a spell being too powerful, too weak, a situation where players are always outnumbered, etc
Propose a solution in simple terms. Don't worry about the specifics about how the solution would be implemented but instead focus on a concept that would help the situation. It's always preferred to use terms as "increase slightly casting time" or "drastically increase damage" instead of absolute numbers, since those numbers may only mean something when compared to other internal values.
Balance post example
I have a level [level] [race, class and subclass here] and 9 out of 10 times I try to hit a [enemy class/subclass here] on a 1 on 1 match with [place your favorite spell here], he will always run away from me and I can't catch him!
[Favorite spell here] was intended to quickly hit [enemy class/subclass here] once you are near them but in reality, this is barely the case, making this spell not useful at all.
Slighty decrease casting time or possibly make it instant so as soon as Im nearby a [enemy class/subclass here], he gets the hit. The enemy player should instead try to avoid me with the tools he has at his disposal.
Last edited by niclam; 05-31-2009 at 01:33 AM.