English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Game Discussion > Balance

Balance Public discussion about balance issues. This forum is heavily moderated.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
Zordak
Master

Zordak will become famous soon enough

Seems like XP routine adjustments didnt make it into the 2012 roadmap...
I guess we have to keep bumping another year.

Z.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordak View Post
Hi,

I just felt like opening this topic again to leech some karma. Support conjurer
xp distribution needs to be fixed, yesterday - or actually 5 years ago.

The core problem is not that the distribution routine doesnt work (actually it is
slightly in favour of healing conjurers since heal ally's cooldown has been
reduced. The problem is that support spells are only accounted for
(concerning the xp distribution) if their target follows up with a normal hit. If
the target casts a skill the "xp-value" of said support spell is lost.

This weird behaviour is commonly seen as bug. I have the bad impression that
it is implemented on purpose: Otherwise, loooong "buffer-chains" could build
up if all spells were tracked (like a situation where A heals B heals C heals D who kills a
monster, feel free to add more letters). Also a simple heal could be an
immense source of xp if it is followed up by an aura or an area. Or imagine a
"double aura mayhem" of two conjurers each with mana pylon standing next to
each other (being counted as spell every 4s).
Such situations would lead to an amount of xp shared towards the
"supportive" character which I would not consider "fair" anymore. But to be
honest we could do with 5 years of compensational unfairness towards the
other 5 classes.

The area issue could be adressed similarly to the ranged area damage:
Reduced "splash" contribution to secondary targets. The chaining could be
considered by bringing in a percentage modifier that reduces the "equivalent
damage contribution" by a percentage breaking the chain after the 3rd person.

By whatever means, this issue needs to be adressed. Considering the increased xp
needed for lvl60 I cannot accept the position of "not wanting to touch that
complicated piece of code" (quoting a dev from memory - i think it should be
somewhere on the forum here) any longer.

Sorry for the textflood,
Z.
If you are using conji, inform players that their first attack should be a normal attack vs monster.
Pre buff them with your skills before the battle begins.
You can make tons of xp this way (even take 100% xp+grp if you cast enough prebuffs).
I like the fact that if I choose to cast a skill instead of use a normal attack the conji will not get xp credit. This prevents conjis dominating my gameplay and forcing me to be their slave - It also promotes interactive group xp tactics and communication. Conjis are fine as they are.
I power level conjis by using pet + normal attack only, and most of the time they overbuff me and take all combat credit plus drops while I get nothing. Thus said, if you make it so conjis got combat credit for buffs when a player used skills right after being buffed, conjis would be OP in the xp/itemdrop/RP aspects of the game. People would start hating the players that abused and over buffed, and conji would get an epic nerf or cap on how much credit they could earn per battle.
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #23
Sinthala
Pledge

Sinthala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
If you are using conji, inform players that their first attack should be a normal attack vs monster.
You can make tons of xp this way (even take 100% xp+grp if you cast enough prebuffs).
I like the fact that if I choose to cast a skill instead of use a normal attack the conji will not get xp credit. This prevents conjis dominating my gameplay and forcing me to be their slave - It also promotes interactive group xp tactics and communication. Conjis are fine as they are.
I power level conjis by using pet + normal attack only, and most of the time they overbuff me and take all combat credit plus drops while I get nothing. Thus said, if you make it so conjis got combat credit for buffs when a player used skills right after being buffed, conjis would be OP in the xp/itemdrop/RP aspects of the game. People would start hating the players that abused and over buffed, and conji would get an epic nerf or cap on how much credit they could earn per battle.
I played a conj up to lvl 50 about 2 years ago. A conj cannot soak up all the xp ALL the time by overbuffing. We too have GC and simply can't overbuff you for every mob. However, any other class can guarantee a conj not get any XP by simply casting their spells after a buff or heal. And based on your opinion, that is fair. I also like the fact that I don't have to heal people like you.

The reason conjs buff useless buffs is the fact that they usually get no xp credit for a large percentage of the kills that they ARE involved with.

When I grind my other characters with conj support, I always lead with normals after a heal. I've always gotten experience so I call bullcrap on your statement that they take 100%xp+grp. Pics or it didn't happen.

If you are power leveling a conj and assigning your pet to protect the conj, you don't get xp for what the pet does. As a conj, when I have my summon protect a player and a mob is killed and I didn't buff or heal then I don't get xp. This is just the way the pet/summon system works.

If the XP distribution was based on any hit and just not normal hits, you would find that conjs wouldn't need to "overbuff" trying to make up for missed xp because you chose to lead off with a skill spell instead of a normal preventing the conj from getting due xp.

If I conj, I normally wait until after player casts a skill spell with the anticipation the next hit will be a normal. Most of the time I get credit that way, some times I don't. The conj xp distribution routines definitely need to be tweaked and is long overdue. Conjs shouldn't have to time heals or buffs just to get the meager xp that they get now.

If there were a fair xp distribution for conjs, then there would be no need for interactive group xp tactics as you would just go out and grind and everyone would get a fair share of xp according to their involvement. Conjs shouldn't have to tell their party to please lead with normals after I heal or buff you so I can get a smigen of xp.
Sinthala no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
Zordak
Master

Zordak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
You are concluding the description of a - bad - workaround with "they are fine". Honestly, I do not understand how you could get to there.

Furthermore, I do not - or rather have not - done the levelling on monsters but in war. Your ugly workaround would never work in normal gameplay situations, people use CC spells and buffs all the time. And not doing so would in fact be a bad idea concerning the outcome of the fights.

Finally, as the XP distribution is the same as the RP distribution routine, this is just long-term unfair. While I dont care about the amount of points that i have, I do care about the blatantly unfair share that i get. Again, your workaround is absolutely worthless here.
I wonder if we will ever see a support conjurer leading the updated rankings mentioned in the 2012 roadmap.

Z.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #25
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

pre-buffing.. over buffing

you must have one desperate conju..

supporting is not the best way to lvl for a conju, dont start about 'i lvled my conju from 30-50 by support'
heck I know that.. how do you think i lvled my conju from 37-50? (Im a horrible grinder)

its just that in the time you spent supporting and you gain 1 lvl, you could have grinded 3
supporting is a good change of pace and sometimes fun
but in the end it is what it is, supporting, you help that other player
and if that other player is such an ass that he/she doesnt want to give you that tiny bit of xp..
that says something about that player doesnt it?

still many players who do not have a conju don't understand it when (I/a conju)
complains about slow lvling
what i hear the most is 'just lvl in wars'
and that can get me flaming

Its not a fair balance system thingy, but i dont actually mind it that much
what i do mind is ppl trying to be smart and end up acting like bullies
and since you cant ask every1 to go make a conju.. well best way is to 'solve'
or 'improve' this system
Old 07-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #26
Dupa_z_Zasady
Master

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point

Bump! I'll bump it till fixed.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #27
Piotin
Pledge

Piotin is on a distinguished road

Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #28
Piotin
Pledge

Piotin is on a distinguished road

Dupa, can you bump this thread? It feels ridiculous to double post for something so obvious.

Oh

Oops

Nevermind.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
Bad_Yusuke
Pledge

Bad_Yusuke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Bad_Yusuke Send a message via MSN to Bad_Yusuke Send a message via Skype™ to Bad_Yusuke

I would be bolder and say to reviw the way how to grind in Regnum's game when in a party. Many game don't share the experience, but add the same experience to all in a party. Would be nicer if we (60's lvl account) could help the others to gain level faster.
Surely, it should have some rules to avoid you grind for other person (like you get all kills and a lazy guy just get experience )
Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #30
Phlue4
Master

Phlue4 is on a distinguished road

as I already said, this bug affects not only conjus, but every kind of buffs and the distribution of xp AND rlm points.
As far as I know, nobody is very happy about the current situation indeed

ps.
bumping *trollface*
Phlue4 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote