This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Old 09-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
heymate
Pledge

heymate is on a distinguished road
Default Dropped in the deep end

So there I was, a newbie to MMO, with a few days questing under my belt with
a Lvl14-ish Conjurer in the Syrtis realm on the Haven server. Just another day
in Fisgael, running around questing when I stumble across someone battling
something just outside the city. So I stop and watch. Is he running? Yes he
is!

A perfect opportunity to test out this recently acquired Heal spell. Target
and cast! Damn, on horseback. Dismount. Target and... Oh he's already
dead. Sorry to whoever that was.

Back to the questing. Ooh, another fight. Race on over and lob a few Heals
and missiles. Join up and repeat a few times, then go our separate ways,
with me still trying to work out how "chat" works.

Wandering though the city and this other guy plops a buff on me. Hey, that
was nice. "Wonder what that was for?" I enquired to no-one.

"Hey, what's that stuff about the wall gate?" I think to myself when just like
a scene out of Monty Python, an Ignus (I think) runs past and drops me as
I stood there on the side of the road reading a map.

Ah! The light finally goes on. We were being invaded.

So lots of new experiences in the one day and my head is still spinning.

Excellent fun!
heymate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
Masterkick
Baron

Masterkick will become famous soon enoughMasterkick will become famous soon enough

Hey there! Glad to see you're enjoying Regnum.

If you have any questions about the game, or about being a conjurer, or whatever; ask away! Though I don't know if I remember how it all was when I was your lvl... ages ago. Basically, try keeping everyone alive while not dying yourself. As for the leveling, it gets much easier once you can use the skill "Ambitious Sacrifice", which will let you exchange life for mana, therefore allowing you not to rest anymore and gain XP continuously.

Good luck!

PS: What happened to you, that you liked the game immediately, is what the developers should aim for. Yours is a great example of how to get things going from the start, because you experienced an invasion. Thanks for telling us! Now, I really do hope you stick around. Leveling can be very hard, as in boring, but once you get to lvl 40 or something you can go and actually do something in war. So please, stick with us until you get there!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Wahey a new gamer!

Welcome to Greenland Conju can be good fun to play. I don't know the class but if you have any questions re game feel free to ask away. Just /buddy Jarne and /buddy Jaro Seeker and you can see me green when online (from the friends tab). Then /chat NAME and talk away

Game is good fun, and for conju even from lvl 40 you can be useful in the war zone.

If you want powergrinding let me know and I'll log my hunter with pet. Set pet to guard you, it will kill your lvl mobs in 1 hit and you gain all the xp and loot.

See you in game,

Jarne/Jaro Seeker
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

Welcome to RO! Fun and frustration awaits.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

welcome to RO and great job on picking that class conjuu powaa.. (hmm am i confusing that with something )

best way to pick up on the game (and understand it) fast is to hang out with a really chatty person/group
who will just randomly talk about that barb buff we all hate (unless we're barbs)
or how the war zone fights are going. (atleast thats how I did it, I didnt like having to ask stuff)

also using heal and regen ally lv 3 will get you some nice experience,
so once you get bored go spam syrtis chat with 'im a conju any1 want grind support?'
(best wait till lv 21 and get ambitious sacrifice from the mana tree tho ^^)

now if you'll just tell me your gelfs toon name ill be sure to steal your mana once i see you in wars >: )
enjoy
Old 09-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #6
heymate
Pledge

Questions about being a Conjurer, Masterkick? I don't know enough to know what I need to know yet! You're right about the invasion - it stepped up the excitement immediately - though I was still happy doing what I was doing up to that point.

Thanks for the buddy offer The_Pirate, I'll take you up on it!

And, apart from the veiled threat , Rising_Cold that's welcome advice.

I've just recently hit a quest where the target (Goblin Warrior Master) is more than a match for a loner. Currently, the score is about 3-2 their favour, and I'm starting to take the NPC hints to get some help more seriously.

Is there any "best way" to get a quester companion? Some place to hang out? Spam the chat? Accost strangers at every opportunity?

Now I'm off to check out all those powers that y'all suggested.

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #7
Masterkick
Baron

Masterkick will become famous soon enoughMasterkick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymate View Post
Questions about being a Conjurer, Masterkick? I don't know enough to know what I need to know yet! You're right about the invasion - it stepped up the excitement immediately - though I was still happy doing what I was doing up to that point.

Thanks for the buddy offer The_Pirate, I'll take you up on it!

And, apart from the veiled threat , Rising_Cold that's welcome advice.

I've just recently hit a quest where the target (Goblin Warrior Master) is more than a match for a loner. Currently, the score is about 3-2 their favour, and I'm starting to take the NPC hints to get some help more seriously.

Is there any "best way" to get a quester companion? Some place to hang out? Spam the chat? Accost strangers at every opportunity?

Now I'm off to check out all those powers that y'all suggested.

Thanks everyone!
You can definitely ask for some help in realm chat! If you get no answer, try leveling up a bit and then tackling that quest once you're stronger .
Old 09-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
The_Pirate
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymate View Post

1) Enter the usefulness of buddies, assuming they are online at the same time as you You pm them, they come and help you. With a level 60 pet guarding you this quest will be done in about 20 seconds.

2) Finding a buddy of your level - best keep an eye out on other people questing at the same time as you. PM them and ask if they are new or just grinding alts. New means they are likely to have the same difficulties you do, and you can support each other nicely. But they might quit early on you. Alts means they know their stuff and are unlikely to want to quest, just do letters to lvl fast. It also means as soon as something exciting happens in WZ they will log their war-ready alts to fight, leaving you alone. But you get to benefit from their experience, assuming they are chatty.

3) Spam realm chat - people always ready to help. If you do it in the middle of a WZ fight or invasion forget help, but otherwise it will definitely come.

4) Find a good clan to help you. ATM I'd suggest Inquisition (the best most lovely bunch of competent, experienced, successful, good looking, charming, friendly, the list goes on people you will ever meet. Unbiased opinion OFC), Elite of Syrtis (everyone hates them but there are some lovely people there), Gankforce (might be difficult to get into, close knit group of friends I understand, but great fun), other clans are smaller or less active.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
The_Pirate
Initiate

I see you're from Oz. I know of some Ozzies IG. PM me and I'll give you their alts. Alternatively in your time zone just ask in realm chat.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #10
heymate
Pledge

Thanks for the tip Masterkick: +2 levels and it was a cake walk. (cough)

And I'll be rummaging through The_Pirate's treasure trove of info, quick smart! Thanks mate.