This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #91
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu
for alsius Trelleborg fort has litterly become a Attachment to Syrtis.
How strange then, that on Ra Alsius near as lives on pp2/Alga most of the day, wonder what Alsius Horus are doing wrong, using gate rez rather than the best attacking save vs an enemy fort in the game.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #92
Onteron
Initiate

Onteron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlXII View Post
Good for them!
The bridges has far higher strategic value than those forts thrown out at inane random locations in the terrain, controlling absolutely nothing. Once the word gets around amongst them, that the bridges are sealed off, they are faced with the choice of 1. staying in Trelle til they rot, 2. try to take control of the bridges (and thus leave a strong position in favour of a weaker) 3. Call it a day. (Going to imp via the tele is usually not an option as they usually are too weak for it. And then it would be an even longer walk for reinforcements.)
What I've seen found them to do is: Since most of Alsius is messing about on the realm gate side, Syrtis has a free path for a large group come out from Trelle to pp2 and wipe out any Alsians there.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #93
Tigerious
Banned

Tigerious is an unknown quantity at this point

Klutu I wonder why you left syrtis, if it's to complain that's not a good reason. How many times we saw your zerg giving us a dozen of sultars ? Try to camp and grind less and you will have the number. And stop acting like ignis and make lvl 4 forts when you outnumber us and when you don't need that. I can't beleive this thread opened.
Tigerious no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #94
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerious View Post
Klutu I wonder why you left syrtis, if it's to complain that's not a good reason. How many times we saw your zerg giving us a dozen of sultars ? Try to camp and grind less and you will have the number. And stop acting like ignis and make lvl 4 forts when you outnumber us and when you don't need that. I can't beleive this thread opened.
Tigerious my Reasons for leaving were quite obvious

You Revived a 3 month old Thread to Flame look at the Date next time Alsius doesnt suffer from realm population Anymore

Alsius grinds less then Syrtis :P

Last edited by Klutu; 11-18-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Klutu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #95
Linuxmage
Initiate

Linuxmage is on a distinguished road

Ok, forgive me for being a bit of a noob at this, but I have only just started playing, I chose Alsius, and one thing I have noticed almost immediately is people trying to level by grinding alone right from the start.

There are a lot of quests in Alsius, and if you do each area to complete all quests before moving on to the next, you can level and gain Xp very fast.

I have discovered experienced people coming back to Skolheim having missed the beginners duel quest, and many others. I have yet to leave Skolheim, and will be leaving after 3 days today with a level 6 character already very well kitted out with armour, and with the basic short sword which can only be gotten through doing a certain quest in the village. There are people leaving Skolheim with the initiation sword still equipped!

(if you do it right, you start with the initiation sword, then get the training sword, then on one of the level 5 quests that involves lighting the beacons, you get the short sword. I have also been given hood armour, a shield, and a bow of bone, even though my warrior cannot equip them. Sold to a merchant in Skolheim for a nice lump of extra gold.)

I believe that peoples impatience to do quests, and level properly, get equipment as rewards is leading people to believe that Alsius is a Boring place to be. It's not, the landscape is stunning, and the sheer fact that it has a city like Mont should be a clue that Alsius has massive potential, but this game is not designed to be rushed.

People should learn to accept slower levelling that works out with a stronger char at the end of it, and allow a larger time frame before finding themselves dropped in the wz without the relevant experience to work as a team, use proper fight tactics, and thus hold a fort even when the odds seem overwhelming.

Alsius DOES need promotion, but it also needs patient players who are prepared to tough it out in the snowbound northern lands for a good while , and learn to fight properly. I defeated an in-experienced level 10 char yesterday at the beginners duel ("sorry, I didn't know this quest existed"), but nearly got wasted by a highly experienced level 2 char being done as a 3rd char for a player who has level 45's in the wz. Taking and holding forts is often about tactics, not sheer power by strength of numbers. Yes, they help, but a small but sharp team that knows how to make a large force turn tail and run can change things massively.

A quote from "Robin hood: Prince of thieves", rather fitting if you ask me:
Robin of Locksley: "I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle. And I've seen the lowliest, unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse. Nobility is not a birthright. It's defined by one's actions."

Last edited by Linuxmage; 11-20-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Linuxmage no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #96
Anyriand
Initiate

Anyriand is on a distinguished road

We don't have more players, what you see is what you get. We don't sit around doing nothing while you're at aggers, we don't grind while our gates are in danger... we plain and simply do not have any more players!

Something has to be done, syrtis has way too many players, it's impossible to go against that kind of numbers. Last night was a good example of that, for a few hours we were able to win against syrtis numbers, even though you had probably twice as much as we did... but there's only so much we can do against such a zerg.

This is ridiculous
Old 11-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #97
Razvan87
Banned

Razvan87 is on a distinguished road

I see a great infusion of players from Ignis and Alsius to the syrtis faction.This is really good.People are deleting they lvl 50 toons and join our great forces.Undying clan got some players form those factions and we have a core of mature and dedicated people.

Last edited by Razvan87; 11-22-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Razvan87 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #98
Zixmund
Apprentice

Zixmund is on a distinguished road

I remember when I started the game about half a year and I think its not just the lvling, quest in the realm but is the fun and think we want to do something and syrtis definetly start to have more these players and that count. Quests and lvling and how nice or ugly is inner realm is not a matter in warzone if you will not be positive and not go hard for what you want you will be lost. And new players will leave you.
Zixmund no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #99
MalaTempora
Initiate

MalaTempora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixmund View Post
I remember when I started the game about half a year and I think its not just the lvling, quest in the realm but is the fun and think we want to do something and syrtis definetly start to have more these players and that count. Quests and lvling and how nice or ugly is inner realm is not a matter in warzone if you will not be positive and not go hard for what you want you will be lost. And new players will leave you.
this is the same for all the 3 realms... but syrtis have for many (not for me... definitely it was my 3d choice.. before i really like ignis or alsius) the most
attractive creature and player races..
They have to do something or the game will be screwed by the powers of numbers
MalaTempora no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #100
Zixmund
Apprentice

Zixmund is on a distinguished road

Hmm I dont like midgets and dark mage, also I prefer half elfs and most of my guys are alturians(humans)...
Zixmund no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote