This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 11-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
SanguineLamai
Apprentice

SanguineLamai is on a distinguished road
Default Do any old players just get the itch...

To cut a new char, and start over again, just to relive the pre war run around?

I do, but I just cant ever bring myself to actually get much past level 15 or so.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
Redo_Ger
Apprentice

Redo_Ger is on a distinguished road

Let's hope that changes with the lvling update coming soon™

I too like to relive the feeling of starting a new adventure sometimes and go around the Initiation zones for a while

Lvling a new char on your own just gets boring pretty quickly...
Redo_Ger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguineLamai View Post
To cut a new char, and start over again, just to relive the pre war run around?

I do, but I just cant ever bring myself to actually get much past level 15 or so.
Maybe if you make it to level 60 you can cry with us about balance again
Old 06-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
rogueish
Apprentice

rogueish is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd joyously return if they'd launch a Regnum Online "classic" server using any of the pre 1.0 systems. The population never recovered from that change and the game went steadily downhill from there trying in vain to get the population back up to pre 1.0 levels. They really should have made a classic serer out of Haven after transferring everyone to Ra, but no dev wants to have to see when they're wrong and a thriving version of Regnum without all the imitation "WoW" like features would have left no doubt of their bad decisions leading to where we are.
rogueish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueish View Post
I'd joyously return if they'd launch a Regnum Online "classic" server using any of the pre 1.0 systems. The population never recovered from that change and the game went steadily downhill from there trying in vain to get the population back up to pre 1.0 levels. They really should have made a classic serer out of Haven after transferring everyone to Ra, but no dev wants to have to see when they're wrong and a thriving version of Regnum without all the imitation "WoW" like features would have left no doubt of their bad decisions leading to where we are.
The game 10 years ago was horrible and creating a classic server wouldnt bring old players back because they most likely have lives now. Besides, the game population is already far too low to even bother creating another server
Old 06-17-2020, 12:19 PM   #6
krabluna
Pledge

krabluna is on a distinguished road

hi SanguineLamai

maybe with the new Squid Island it may be more fun to level a new character. But i am not sure of the levels of the mobs inside there. However, you are levelled up much more powerfully, so you can kill the visiting level 60s who are looking to kill new players in Squid Island.
krabluna no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #7
rogueish
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
The game 10 years ago was horrible and creating a classic server wouldnt bring old players back because they most likely have lives now. Besides, the game population is already far too low to even bother creating another server
I know what you mean being able to log in any time around the clock and having a thriving server with almost constant RVR was just "horrible", It was much better after 1.0 dropped and 60-70 percent of the population left in protest and largely never came back. This game ruled the PVP/RVR genre until they gutted the combat system when 1.0 dropped, and the addition of imbalanced gear so a player was no longer required to actually have any kind of skill was the final nail in the coffin. PVP in WoW is a joke as gear is all that's required to win in pvp, not skill. Trying to emulate their system in a game with such a tiny world was truly boneheaded and did nothing further but ruin what once made this game great.

Last edited by rogueish; 06-18-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:05 AM   #8
krabluna
Pledge

krabluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueish View Post
I know what you mean being able to log in any time around the clock and having a thriving server with almost constant RVR was just "horrible", It was much better after 1.0 dropped and 60-70 percent of the population left in protest and largely never came back. This game ruled the PVP/RVR genre until they gutted the combat system when 1.0 dropped, and the addition of imbalanced gear so a player was no longer required to actually have any kind of skill was the final nail in the coffin. PVP in WoW is a joke as gear is all that's required to win in pvp, not skill. Trying to emulate their system in a game with such a tiny world was truly boneheaded and did nothing further but ruin what once made this game great.

i did feel the original pvp system before invasions update, must have had really strong 1v1 balance between classes. Even after the invasions update, i could see how good 1v1 was. Locks had possible sequences to follow against barbs, and if a barbs sequence did not succeed for whatever reason, Locks had one chance to make the right decision to win or survive. ---- but i think.. in the end.. maybe NGD had to make tough decisions. The RVR war before the changes, may have been too brutal for new player s-- dying so quick to barbs, and seeing frozen battle everywhere-- maybe it was too heartbreaking for new players.

After the changes, battles are more free flowing and a bit more dynamic, and new players do not die too quick to barbs. Maybe it helps keep new players.

I would still support an old classic rules server. But i do not know if it will have as many players. Newer younger gamers may not prefer such a brutal (and fun) pvp ruleset.
krabluna no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #9
rogueish
Apprentice

I have zero expectation of a "classic" server ever being launched. I did often suggest that instead of just closing Haven, to transfer all who wanted it to Ra and then resetting it to the original game. That was shot down by the head dev immediately and from my perspective hilariously.
I'm curious do you mean the 1.0 update when you say "invasion" update? If so I've never heard it referred to as that.
The things that ruined the game in my view (in no particular order) were :

-Intentionally breaking class balance to force people to group to fight. (PVP is RVR no matter what the devs think)
-Redoing the terrain to force everyone into a reenactment of the battle of Thermopylae for every invasion with the attackers having the role of the Persians. (not fun at all)
-Adding instances (after breaking so much because it was taking people from RVR they add something that made the war zone a ghost town as everyone just logged on to do the instances)
-Unbalancing the game through adding OP gear. (nuff said there)
-Allowing multi realming to make up lost revenue due to the other mentioned missteps.

Actually if they wanted to attract new players the one thing that might have worked would have been to enlarge the world. But instead they changed the combat mechanics seemingly to target people playing on dial up and worse chose to try and use systems for a large world like WoW in a game based on a single relatively small battle map, there was no way that would fly.

Last edited by rogueish; 06-27-2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #10
Signatus
Master

Location: Damn, I'm lost again!... but now I have a map, wiii!
Signatus will become famous soon enough
Default to OP

Yep...

(10 characters)
The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
-- Chapter 1.1 of The Tale of Heike, Helen Craig McCullough's translation
Signatus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote