This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > Testing server (Amun) > Current version

Current version Changes being tested on the experimental server (Amun). This forum is multi-language (english, spanish).

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
surak
Legend

surak has a spectacular aura aboutsurak has a spectacular aura about
Default Next version: 1.6.7

Bitácora de cambios - Versión 1.6.7

Jugabilidad
- Nuevo: La ventana de información de los items ahora indica el nivel real del mismo (Ítem nivel NN) de manera independiente del nivel requerido para su equipamiento.
- Corregido: Error que provocaba que algunos objetos relacionados a aventuras no desaparecieran del inventario al concluir las mismas. Los objetos remanentes en el inventario de los personajes han sido removidos.
- Corregido: Error que permitía acumular el daño de las armas mediante el uso de objetos de equipamiento forzado (antorcha relacionada a una aventura del reino de Ignis).
- Modificado: Ya no es posible eliminar objetos del inventario si nuestro personaje se encuentra muerto. Es previene el uso del exploit que permitia alterar la velocidad de ataque de las armas.
- Modificado: Ya no es posible eliminar objetos del inventario que se encuentren equipados.

Balance
- Modificado: El daño y/o material de los siguientes items ha sido modificado para ajustar su nivel, ya que los mismos superaban ampliamente a los items existentes de otras subclases.
- Items: Arco de serpiente compuesto, Arco de serpiente, Arco alas de dragón, Arco alas de dragón compuesto, Arco de maestro.

Nota: Algunos items se encuentran bajo revisión y aún no han sido modificados, por lo cual preveemos algunos ajustes adicionales.

--------------------

Changelog - 1.6.7 version.

Gameplay
- New: The item tooltip now shows the real level of the armors and weapons (Item level NN), wich can be different for the equipment level.
- Fixed: All quest related items are now correctly deleted from the inventory when the quest is ended or canceled. In addition, all the items related to not assigned quests were removed from the players inventory.
- Fixed: Weapon damage exploit related to the quest object "Torch" from Ignis initiation zone.
- Modified: Players can not delete items from the inventory while are dead. This change fixes an exploit related to the weapon speed.
- Modified: Players can not longer delete items from the inventory if they are currently equipped.

Balance
- Modified: The damage and/or material of the following items was modified in order to adjust their level. This items had a very high level compared to others related.
- Items: Composite Viper Bow, Viper bow, Dragon wings bow, Composite Dragon wings bow, Master bow.

Note: Some items are under revision and have not been modified yet. Some additional changes are still to be made.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

This patch is very welcome, though I've noticed two awkward things

First thing was that a 1 day horse item got deleted with all the other quest items. The reason must have been that its category was Quests, though it was an intended reward from a level 10 quest, which I did a few weeks ago.

Horus:

Amun:

Then there's this amulet with a huge item level:

I've also noticed that some rings and amulets have no Item level.
And the items being sold by merchants don't show item level either.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road

If those changes to items come really to Ra I won't stop playing. But you will never get any Euros from me again. This changes to hardly collected items is unacceptable.
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Amulets and rings in general have slightly awkward levels. Blacksmith is level 1, Ice ring level 11, royal amulet level 71.

And I don't really get what this item level stuff is about, at first I thought you see the "normal" level at which you can get this item (this skin) at the merchants, but there are several items of the same group in my inventory, all with different levels :P
Well you'll explain it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellion View Post
If those changes to items come really to Ra I won't stop playing. But you will never get any Euros from me again. This changes to hardly collected items is unacceptable.
My bow lost 4 damage, too. That's hardly acceptable, of course.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Mellion
Banned

I'm not loosing any points. It is the general idea which sucks. (not in the hunter, afaik.)

As DkySven wrote, you nowhere get a refund if you just don't like the stuff you bought. But no seller changes the item after I bought it. Except ngd.

Last edited by Mellion; 01-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
-Logan-
Banned

-Logan- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surak View Post
- Fixed: Weapon damage exploit related to the quest object "Torch" from Ignis initiation zone.
Finally <_<
I had one of these stuck on my characters and it was extremely annoying when it would merge with my weapons.

So, what exactly does item level show then? An item's power when compared to others? ie. Higher level = better damage?
-Logan- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

I think I am going to wait a bit and see how this progresses before I make statements which may be off base. It is not clear what the item level has to do with anything yet so I will hope clarity comes later. Maybe it is the foundation for something in the February update.

The shop items do not show item level but I noticed if I buy one (lvl 50), when it hits my inventory , the item level appears.

Much of those item levels are just preliminary I believe. A RoL was level 1 last time I checked. I would not read too much into the specific numbers yet.

Art.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

just to clarify what's going on.

Depending on all of the characteristics of an item, we calculate the overall power of the item, and set a restriction to the same level

So as an example, a level 43 item in power would be have a level 43 restriction in order to use it.

Now, as Regnum has a level cap of 50, one of our coders, years ago, decided to make all the items that where beyond level 50 in power level 50 in restriction.

In order to continue balancing the game we got to study this formulas and checked al of the items....

we where very sad to find out that because of certain errors in the design of some items, some specific variations of certain items had a real level (in terms of item power) of well beyond level 60, 70 even (most of them bows).

the person that made this mistake left the company years ago, so we don't really know exactly why this happened (We believe that she did'nt consider the added damage of arrows that are also a part of the full damage of an archer)

We just can't let certain members of certain classes running around with equipment 20 levels above the rest.

To the ones that got their items altered, let me try to say one thing before you want to kill us

You still have the best item available in the game for your class (Just not an overpowered and so unbalanced one).
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

another clarification
jewelry does not use this auto level and power calculation
level restrictions on jewelry have been decided by hand.
real level might be completely bugged nor is a good indicator of the actual power of the item.
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 01-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Mellion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
just to clarify what's going on.
But you can't deny, that normal attacks of archers getting more and more a joke if you reduce the damage even more.
Closed Thread